The Current State Of The Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Offense

·         QB – Average. Having an off year due to countless factors. Excuses are running out for the GOAT

·         WRs – Average.  The new receivers aren’t progressing as quickly as fans would like.  They need to take it to the next level if the Patriots have any chance of doing well in playoffs.

·         TEs – Apart from last game with Gronk, the offense’s strength is now an offensive weakness. Hooman is having a good year. Hopefully, BB will use both more often in power formations.

·         OL – Built to protect Brady, the unit is breaking down and appear to be allowing a higher number of pressures, hits, hurries, and sacks. No time for Brady = lousy passing game.

Defense

DL – Wilfork gone, Kelly hurt, Chandler Jones still doing fine – but can’t do it alone. Back to having no pass rush.

LBs – No Mayo means a big, but slow group of LBs. Collins may be the exception, but wet behind the ears.

DBs – Talib hurt changes the dynamics of the secondary. Without him – the secondary ends up below average in pass defense.

ST

Kicker/FG – Ghost doing better than last year

Punter – Allen holding his own – already has as many punts as Mesko did all of last year; which means the offense is really struggling.

Kick/Punt Coverage – welcome back Slater.

Kick/Punt Returns – below average? Washington MIA.

Still in first place for our division at 5-2!

I'm just thinking that all the starters who have gone on IR or out on injuries on both sides of the ball will ruin whatever progress that was being made on both sides of the ball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: The Current State Of The Patriots

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm just thinking that all the starters who have gone on IR or out on injuries on both sides of the ball will ruin whatever progress that was being made on both sides of the ball.

[/QUOTE]

When I look at it there are only really 4 players that should have come as a shock to be injured or not on the team:

• Hernandez - Obviously no one knew that was going to happen
    • Wilfork - No past history of major injures though that foot has been bothering him for a while. I wonder if the lack of a good backup forced him to strain the Achillies more than he should have trying to stay on the field at the beginning of the season
    • Mayo - No past injury history
    • Kelly - No previous injury history

Past those injures just look at the current injures:

• Vereen - Injury prone since joining the Pats
    • Amendola - Injury prone period
    • Talib - Has yet to finish a 16 game schedule
    • Connolly - Has yet to finish a 16 game schedule, nagging injures thoughtout career
    • Gronk - When healthy is great but another one that always seems to get injured and had known injury before season started

That's 4.5 starters (.5 being Vereen) that were known to have injury issues going into the season. Who were their main backups? I don't expect probowl backups but in Amendola's case maybe having an extra vet when everyone behind him are rooks essentially. Vereen case maybe replacing Woodhead (a known functioning part of the system) with an aging Washington wasn't the best choice? Talib, everyone knew Arrington can't play outside (except BB) and then the last line of defense is a rook (who has played alright as a rook but not ready to take over meaningful snaps) when CB prices were dirt cheap this offseason. There is a reason no one really went after Talib this offseason for a long term deal, it's because he's not durable and can be inconsistent at times but when he's on he's a top 10 if not a top 5 CB.

Point being, though some of the injures you can't plan for there were obvious ones you should have planned for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Point being, though some of the injures you can't plan for there were obvious ones you should have planned for.

[/QUOTE]

I guess the good news is that Kelly, Talib, Vereen, and DA will eventually be back Laughing

Hopefully sooner rather than later.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess the good news is that Kelly, Talib, Vereen, and DA will eventually be back Laughing

[/QUOTE]

DA will eventually be back? For how long? Bloke is a china doll. Extremely bad decision to sign him as the replacement for Welker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: The Current State Of The Patriots' Fans

REACTIONARY 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DA will eventually be back? For how long? Bloke is a china doll. Extremely bad decision to sign him as the replacement for Welker.

[/QUOTE]

true, but he's all the patriots have - so, we have to deal w/ the cards that were dealt. Plus, not many people would have walked away w/o a concussion on that last hit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

REACTIONARY 

[/QUOTE]

I don't typically do the whole "+ (insert number here)" but

+100000000000000000 ^100000000000000

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

We have numerous liabilities but that is not so bad. Just more things to make the team stronger and unified to overcome them and go forward.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Punt return is not below average. Edelman is doing a very good job at that department.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Punt return is not below average. Edelman is doing a very good job at that department.

[/QUOTE]

You're right, Edelman is above average for punt returns, Blount is average with kick returns

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

REACTIONARY 

[/QUOTE]

how is it "reactionary" when one is merely looking at the current state of the team?

of, pertaining to, marked by, or favoring reactionespecially extreme conservatism or rightism inpoliticsopposing political or social change.

do you disagree with the op on where we're at?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on now, it's not that bad.  The Pats are 5-2, not 2-5!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Can the Pats finish the season with a 12 and 4 record?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can the Pats finish the season with a 12 and 4 record?

[/QUOTE]

sure, why not? Will they?  I don't know. IMO, it depends on how many games Kelly and Talib miss.

I just want to see them make the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, plus it looks like there were no major injuries to any more Patriots players. The NFL has an injury epidemic. There are players going down all over the place. There's still ten weeks before the playoffs, so much can happen. The Patriots are one of a dozen or so teams that are going to fight it out down the stretch. Not one of them stands above the rest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How do you know how I meant it?  You can view that as half sunk or half floating.  You make the call.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

It's an open season...no power house teams...we can get there. We need the coaching staff to show up with a game plan tailored to the 2013 Pats and not the 2007 version.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's an open season...no power house teams...we can get there. We need the coaching staff to show up with a game plan tailored to the 2013 Pats and not the 2007 version.

[/QUOTE]

and what would that be on either side of the ball?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I keep hearing we don't spend "foolishly" or we can't "spend to the cap" or "go out and get big name free agents", because we are smarter than everyone and build our team for depth and the possibility we may need to add players during the season. So I don't want to hear how injured we are, I just watch a "salary cap hell" team smash through our offensive and defensive line for four quarters before beating us. I watched them blanket our "receivers".

We had a chance to build this team for right now...we are 8 million under the god damn salary cap...how's that going to work out against a good team in the playoffs?? Probably the same as it has the last ten years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

[QUOTE]

Exactly, plus it looks like there were no major injuries to any more Patriots players. The NFL has an injury epidemic. There are players going down all over the place. There's still ten weeks before the playoffs, so much can happen. The Patriots are one of a dozen or so teams that are going to fight it out down the stretch. Not one of them stands above the rest.

[/QUOTE]

true, but there are still 9 more regular season game for that to happen; which none of us can forsee.  At this time tho, Kelly, Talib, Vereen, and DA are not back yet.  Talib missing greatly affects how the defense plays.  So, if the current offense can't carry the team until Talib gets back.....it's going to be pretty tough to win games.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Incognitacious's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fletcherbrook ='s Bustchise ='s fatsam='s wederrwedat='s Phat Virgin ='s Section136 ='s BungaloBill='s Uncle Rico ='s rick hertz and several others are all the same NY Jets troll

[/QUOTE]

Hi Smelly bear. I see you are using your other screen name today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How do you know how I meant it?  You can view that as half sunk or half floating.  You make the call.

[/QUOTE]

Fletcherbrook ='s Bustchise ='s fatsam='s wederrwedat='s Phat Virgin ='s Section136 ='s BungaloBill='s Uncle Rico ='s rick hertz and several others are all the same NY Jets troll

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see how Brady can be fairly criticized.  If Manning or Brees had to play behind this O-Line and throw to this group of WR's they would look like crap.  I would also doubt either of them would lead the Pats to a winning record.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]