The curse of Ellis Hobbs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: The curse of Ellis Hobbs

In Response to Re: The curse of Ellis Hobbs:
    I'd like this DJ guy a lot more if he didn't live in the worst state in the country.
    Posted by fitz0527

Ah yes, I assume you mostly mean this in a political sense.  The state of high taxes, high costs, and Pelosi :^(  The fires and earthquakes are much overrated.  I love driving up to Santa Barbara, Big Sur, Monterey, San Francisco.  I love Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks.  There is nothing like a trip to Napa if you like wine.  There are 32 wineries in my town alone.  Nothing like driving 7 hours to the Grand Canyon or Sedona.  Vegas is 4 1/2 hours away.  Did I mention the weather?  All these things are the reasons people put up with all the other BS.

That said, I'm making a pilgrimage back to the homeland in foliage season to try to sell the wife on 4 seasons and the NE area.  I've lived in a lot of nice areas since I left NH eons ago, but your home is always your home. Everywhere else is just a place to live.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: The curse of Ellis Hobbs : that suppose to hurt our feelings? at least TB didn't throw a pick six that ended up costing his team a SB win.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

No, but he did find himself on his back 23 times in their last SB and he was taken completely out of rhythm. The final result was the same, a loss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: The curse of Ellis Hobbs : that suppose to hurt our feelings? at least TB didn't throw a pick six that ended up costing his team a SB win.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

And there are comments by those "in the know" that Wayne ran a bad route.  When running timing routes, they must be precisely as drawn up.  Clearly Wayne ran a hook and not a slant.  Manning threw a slant.  No need to dwell on it. 

At least Manning didn't eat his words like Brady did.  Could anyone have been more cocky? 

"We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

How many points did the pats score in that Superbowl.  Brady certainly did not channel Babe Ruth very well.  LOL.  Whoops.  Babe Ruth.  Say those two words in Boston, and the only appropriate response is that ever popular Homer Simpsonism - Dooohh.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: The curse of Ellis Hobbs : And there are comments by those "in the know" that Wayne ran a bad route.  When running timing routes, they must be precisely as drawn up.  Clearly Wayne ran a hook and not a slant.  Manning threw a slant.

RESPONSE: Yet another excuse for Peyton Manning's failures. Bill Polian says that it was the OL's fault. Now, you're blaming it on Reggie Wayne...LOL!! Come on, Dog(gggg)! Admit what everybody else knows. Manning took his annual, obligatory gag in the playoffs. 

No need to dwell on it.  At least Manning didn't eat his words like Brady did.  Could anyone have been more cocky?  "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points." How many points did the pats score in that Superbowl.

RESPONSE: How typical of you to try to switch the focus of the discussion...LOL!!! Who could blame Brady for his confidence, when, just four weeks earlier, the Patriots had hung 38 points on the Giants' "D". Say what you want about Brady, but, right or wrong,  he takes responsibility when his team loses...unlike your "Mr. Wonderful": http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/02/08/manning-beats-unhappy-hasty-retreat/ 

Brady certainly did not channel Babe Ruth very well.  LOL.  Whoops.  Babe Ruth.  Say those two words in Boston, and the only appropriate response is that ever popular Homer Simpsonism - Dooohh.

RESPONSE: The ultimate in desperation!! Pulling out the Babe Ruth card?? Stop making a fool of yourself by twisting yourself into a pretzel, trying to defend the greatest choke artist in NFL history: http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/02/12/time-to-trim-manning-back-to-size  
    Posted by underdoggggg

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Hayseed again!  Woo Hoo.  Bet you dug that hayseed from French Lick.

Yep, Brady didn't engage in that conversation at all, did he?  Maybe he really didn't say it.  You are such a homer tool.  Just admit that Brady trash talked and it bit him in the a*$.  You know it.  The world knows it. 

Burress' character has nothing to do with Brady's trash talking.  Brady is a big enough boy to take care of himself.  I know this is a problem with you, but don't worry, there's still some juice in your sippy cup for you. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: The curse of Ellis Hobbs : And there are comments by those "in the know" that Wayne ran a bad route.  When running timing routes, they must be precisely as drawn up.  Clearly Wayne ran a hook and not a slant.  Manning threw a slant.  No need to dwell on it.  At least Manning didn't eat his words like Brady did.  Could anyone have been more cocky?  "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points." How many points did the pats score in that Superbowl.  Brady certainly did not channel Babe Ruth very well.  LOL.  Whoops.  Babe Ruth.  Say those two words in Boston, and the only appropriate response is that ever popular Homer Simpsonism - Dooohh.   
    Posted by underdoggggg

Maybe Wayne made the correct read and correct route and Manning threw the wrong pass.  Sort of depends on what he call was and what the read was.  Unless you wear a number on your back and a helmet to Colts games you really don't know. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The ENTIRE problem with Underdoggggggg is this-  The Colts havent been underdogs FOREVER.  They have been continually rated as the best team in the NFL, and have nearly always fallen short of that.  The are, in fact, the overdogs, and lose anyway!  As far as Jbolted goes, whatever, he is a charger fan.  How'd that whole Brees/Rivers thing work out for ya?  Who finally hoisted the hardware?  Oh, and Martyball FOR SURE won't get you a post season win, lets get NORV FRICKIN' TURNER!  Because he sure did alot for the LAST team he coached!  What a joke for you to be saying here ANYTHING about how the Patriots did in the last 5 years.  You and you self congratulating, easily disrespected, back slapping chest thumping fair weather team have zero to say to anybody.  SO CAN IT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

That last post doesn't come across anywhere NEAR as nasty as I wanted it to.  Both you guys are morons.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

The ENTIRE problem with Underdoggggggg is this-  The Colts havent been underdogs FOREVER.  They have been continually rated as the best team in the NFL, and have nearly always fallen short of that.  The are, in fact, the overdogs, and lose anyway!  As far as Jbolted goes, whatever, he is a charger fan.  How'd that whole Brees/Rivers thing work out for ya?  Who finally hoisted the hardware?  Oh, and Martyball FOR SURE won't get you a post season win, lets get NORV FRICKIN' TURNER!  Because he sure did alot for the LAST team he coached!  What a joke for you to be saying here ANYTHING about how the Patriots did in the last 5 years.  You and you self congratulating, easily disrespected, back slapping chest thumping fair weather team have zero to say to anybody.  SO CAN IT.
    Posted by Davedsone

Dave - lets put this on a level field.  Rather than wondering about our superbowl loss, lets take a look at the pats v colts.  How's that working for ya?  Don't like that?  Lets take a look at pats v ravens in the playoffs then colts v ravens in the playoffs.  How's that workin for ya. 

Last year the colts were projected about tenth in the league.  The pats were the overwhelming favorite.  Colts went to the SB, Pats looked like sh*t.  How's that workin for ya? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

This thread is like a Seinfeld episode without the troll enabling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In Response to Re: The curse of Ellis Hobbs : Dave - lets put this on a level field.  Rather than wondering about our superbowl loss, lets take a look at the pats v colts.  How's that working for ya?  Don't like that?  Lets take a look at pats v ravens in the playoffs then colts v ravens in the playoffs.  How's that workin for ya.  Last year the colts were projected about tenth in the league.  The pats were the overwhelming favorite.  Colts went to the SB, Pats looked like sh*t.  How's that workin for ya? 
    Posted by underdoggggg

looks like someone is butt hurt they the colts lost out to the patriots as team of the decade.

Oct. 8, 2000FoxboroughNew England Patriots24-16
    Oct. 22, 2000IndianapolisIndianapolis Colts30-23
    Sep. 30, 2001FoxboroughNew England Patriots44-13
    Oct. 21, 2001IndianapolisNew England Patriots38-17
    Nov. 30, 2003IndianapolisNew England Patriots38-34
    Jan. 18, 2004FoxboroughNew England Patriots24-14
    Sep. 9, 2004FoxboroughNew England Patriots27-24
    Jan. 16, 2005FoxboroughNew England Patriots20-3
    Nov. 7, 2005FoxboroughIndianapolis Colts40-21
    Nov. 5, 2006FoxboroughIndianapolis Colts27-20
    Jan. 21, 2007IndianapolisIndianapolis Colts38-34
    Nov. 4, 2007IndianapolisNew England Patriots24-20
    Nov. 2, 2008IndianapolisIndianapolis Colts18-15
    Nov. 15, 2009IndianapolisIndianapolis Colts35-34
    Pats are 8-6. Pats 386 - Colts 329

The pats have wiped the floor with the colts the entire decade, and the colts got lucky last year. Its going to be fun watching the colts lose this year to bring the pats to 9-6

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Thanks for the history.  In the last 5 seasons the colts have beaten the pats 5 of the last 6 times.  Wow.  Looks to me like the pats had the significant upperhand in the first half of the decade while the colts have done it the second half. 

I don't know how that translates to "The pats have wiped the floor with the colts the entire decade", but you said it so maybe you can elaborate. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

What curse is there from Hobbs? Maybe Hobbs is cursing the Eagles?

The curse of Norv Turner would be a better title.

Why is underwearstain hijacking this thread?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Thanks for the history.  In the last 5 seasons the colts have beaten the pats 5 of the last 6 times.  Wow.  Looks to me like the pats had the significant upperhand in the first half of the decade while the colts have done it the second half.  I don't know how that translates to "The pats have wiped the floor with the colts the entire decade", but you said it so maybe you can elaborate. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

how many rings have the colts won while they had the "upper hand"

1?

aww poor baby, thats 2 less then the pats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Did we ever figure what this thread is about?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

This is gettin' alot of play. The 'curse of Ellis Hobbs' is this:

The Pats last SB win was 2 months before, Ellis 'I get burnt so much they should change my name to Toast' Hobbs joined the Patriot organization. Maybe if Hobbs wasn't such a moron and could actually cover the felon Plaxico Burress, this wouldn't be an issue, but it is a valid point. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

10/24 PATS Lose

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This is gettin' alot of play. The 'curse of Ellis Hobbs' is this: The Pats last SB win was 2 months before, Ellis 'I get burnt so much they should change my name to Toast' Hobbs joined the Patriot organization. Maybe if Hobbs wasn't such a moron and could actually cover the felon Plaxico Burress, this wouldn't be an issue, but it is a valid point. 
    Posted by jbolted

So then by your own reasoning when would you say the "CURSE OF THE CHARGERS" started?