The Curse of Spygate

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: The Curse of Spygate

So what curse do the Jets have then?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

All I remember about spygate (it was so long ago) is that we illegally video taped the jets during the regular season and beat them by 100 or so. Really nothing has changed...well we don't tape anymore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    "I don't care about this team, I just want to kiss you!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

The sporting world outside New York laughs at the yets everyday. BUTT FUMBLE. We do have to thank them for the endless comedy routine, and for adding a new term to our vocabulary. That one and "dirty Sanchez".

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Yawn

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Jets' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't believe that the Commish let Bb stay in the League

[/QUOTE]

You'll be really astonished when he let's him go in the Hall of Fame then.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

hey babe-Why not give your unbiased side to the story. just tell the facts and try not get any of them screwed up. remember your unbiased side of the story...if that is possible

[/QUOTE]

Instead of talking out of your butt, why not get all the facts concerning spygate.  Maybe you should start here..

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/who-was-spying-the-patriots/6412/

Let me cut and paste for you!

(Ed. Note: A version of this story originally appeared on Super Bowl Sunday. Naturally, there were bigger events that day ... we vaguely remember something about a great catch and an upset or something. We updated the piece in wake of current events. Generally speaking, the story proves in no uncertain terms that the sports media is filled with frauds with an agenda. Just be thankful you have the power of the Cold, Hard Football Facts on your side.)   The never-ending "Spygate" saga passes a new milestone today with the much-anticipated meeting between the Gridiron Godfather, Roger Goodell, and former Patriots employee Matt Walsh, who allegedly filmed Rams practice on behalf of New England before Super Bowl XXXVI.   The stakes are high: Walsh may have evidence that brings down the mighty Bill Belichick and perhaps the New England dynasty itself. Or it may prove much ado about nothing, which seems the most likely scenario at this point.   In either case, one element of the story remains strangely absent from the discussion. On Feb. 2, 2002, on the eve of Super Bowl XXXVI, on the very same day Walsh was allegedly filming Rams practice, the New York Times reported that somebody was seen spying on the Patriots as they prepared for the big game.   The most interesting aspect of the story? League officials themselves saw the spy, at least according to the Times story filed by Judy Battista.   The key passage from her 2002 report:   "Club and league officials (our emphasis) said a telescope was clearly visible in the window, according to a pool report, and that 15 minutes later, a person appeared at the window, and then vanished."   ( You can read the report here. It was first brought to our attention by Cold, Hard Football Facts Forum member GodInAGreyHoodie. As the name indicates, this is clearly a guy with an agenda. But he was merely the messenger. We can assume Battista and the original pool reporter had no such agenda.)   Battista identified the source as a pool report, but we don't have access to that original item. But, as a pool report, it was probably published in countless newspapers and wire services around the country (if anyone has it, email it to us here).   Of course, spying on opponents, a practice older than the leather helmet, never raised eyebrows until the least popular man in football, Bill Belichick, was caught in the act.   After all, it seems that somebody was spying on the Patriots before Super Bowl XXXVI - according to no less an authority than representatives of the almighty NFL itself. This report of a spy (is it a stretch to assume it was someone acting on behalf of the Rams?) was published in major media outlets, such as The New York Times.   This act of espionage on the eve of the big game was quickly forgotten.   It seems hunting down Mike Martz is not nearly as titillating as hunting down Dr. Evil himself, Bill Belichick. Hence, no media frenzy over the spy the NFL witnessed at Patriots practice on the eve of the Super Bowl.   Any legitimate news source seeking the truth would look at all accusations of spying, especially those witnessed by NFL officials. The failure to do so tells us that these sources are nothing more than rag peddlers of pigskin conspiracies.   As far as we know, the NFL itself did not report any spies at Rams practice before Super Bowl XXXVI. Instead, those allegations, which we will probably know more about following today's meeting, came from other sources - sources the NFL would surely agree are less credible than the league itself. But the NFL did report a spy at Patriots practice before Super Bowl XXXVI.   We're not holding our breath though, folks, expecting equal treatment of these stories in the media. Obviously, that ship slipped over the horizon long ago. And we're sure as hell not expecting the NFL to demand cooperation from the Rams and levy huge fines against the organization if they were in fact cheating, as league officials seemed to indicate.   What we are expecting is more of the same: a media hurricane that breaches the levies of hackery and floods the airwaves with our mortal enemies: opinion, rumor and hype. We've already seen those forces in action for the past several months.   As Tony Kornheiser said on ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption" last week, "foaming at the mouth" is what sports reporters do best. Spygate is a classic example.   The bottom line is that the Patriots deserved to be punished for breaking the rules. But we know "Spygate" is a witch hunt because the media ignores the eyewitness accounts of possible spying by other teams, even when the eyewitness accounts come from no less a source than NFL officials.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]

Well none of you were going to bring up the elephant in the room so I thought that I would.

The Curse has showed up twice since the pats were involved in the cheating scandal. The black eye of the pats organization.I understand that many of you just want the whole thing to go away but the Spoting World outside of NE percieve the pats as the organization that cheated to win.

Is it real,the catch off of Tyrees head,Brady's horrible passes in the last SB or is it fake. The Curse has showed up twice so far. The question is when does the Curse show up again?

Personally i hope the pats get to the SB and lose again...but that's just me. And if it's something flukey well that just adds to it

[/QUOTE]

There is nothing to Spygate, complete nonstory.  How about Rex mouthing off again--after a 6-10 season featuring the most embarrassing play in NFL history?  He says nobody will want to play the Jets next year because they'll be so tough.  Do you suppose he got knocked in the head one two many times?  How do you feel about another year of Mark Sanchez as quarterback?  Brady makes an occasional errant throw, but the Jets quarterback only occasionally makes an accurate one.  How in the world are the Jets going to climb out of the huge hole they've dug for themselves?  I almost pity Jets fans for having to put up with this pathetic franchise.  What is it now, forty-four years and counting? 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He is watching you Leon!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Tom Brady 16 career playoff wins, NJ Jets 12!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Exile - Whoa whoa whoa big fella!-This is about Spygate NOT rex Ryan!

Come On there has to be something to the 'Curse" !Tyree's catch and Brady's horrid pass to welker???

TFB-here's a little advise from your old pal leon. Anything that you post longer then a sentence...nobody reads. Your EPIC posts always go unread by everybody. Would you care to chime in on Spygate?

Your thoughts not some link or somebody elses article...thanks

[/QUOTE]

Hey, if you don't want to educate yourself and just continue to spew garbage that is not only false but makes you look foolish then please, by all means skip my posts.

Was that short enough for you to read and understand?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Curse??? We think of it as 'Legend'...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Wow it's been going on as long as the curse of gholston!    How horrible!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

Well none of you were going to bring up the elephant in the room so I thought that I would.

The Curse has showed up twice since the pats were involved in the cheating scandal. The black eye of the pats organization.I understand that many of you just want the whole thing to go away but the Spoting World outside of NE percieve the pats as the organization that cheated to win.

Is it real,the catch off of Tyrees head,Brady's horrible passes in the last SB or is it fake. The Curse has showed up twice so far. The question is when does the Curse show up again?

Personally i hope the pats get to the SB and lose again...but that's just me. And if it's something flukey well that just adds to it

[/QUOTE]

Butt Fumble.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

You know...even though the spygate subject is nonsense...the thought has definitely crossed my mind regarding some type of penance for that camera stuff.  More times than not, the football Gods have pretty much made sure things end up correctly.  Back in 2005 when the refs were all but handing the AFC Championship to Indy...somehow, the Steelers were able to put that game away when it came down to it.  Our Patriots coming out as a team when Ricky Prohl declared that a dynasty was born that night...and so on.

I always thought that the Gods had dealt the Pats a blow...letting them get to 18-0, only to run into a buzzsaw that was the NYG defense and some crazy Eli Manning passes that had no business being thrown...or caught.  I figured that was the punishment...then came last year and at that point I simply realized that BB hasn't figured out how to really beat the Giants. 

I think the OP may have been trying to push buttons, but it brings up a question...does anyone believe in crazy garbage like the above.  I think there are football Gods...even if it's in my own mind (just like any other religion basically)!!! :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Calling Bill806 On This ONE......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[QUOTE]

So what curse do the Jets have then?

[QUOTE]

I can't believe that the Commish let Bb stay in the League

[/QUOTE]

You'll be really astonished when he lets him go in the Hall of Fame then.

+1 on both of these.   Watch and learn, Leon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to Jets's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here's the difference Leon.

Pat fans embrace success.

You hug failure.

I feel bad for a small person like you who's life has been reduced to posting on another teams board.

BTW spygate isn't even on our radar nor is the made up curse you speak of.

The question you should be asking yourself........

Will the jets ever be relevant?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

How the autobiography titled "Leon-My Life As A Jets Apologist" writing going?