The Day The Music Died Part 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: The Day The Music Died Part 3

Rich people can in fact buy themselves out of trouble however he still was never convicted of any crime.

Before the stuff in Vegas you could also say that about OJ...but I still read people bashing him as a murderer!

Jackson stealing (albeit, for a hefty price) the Beatles' catalogue out from under McCartney's nose was one of the signature deuschebag moves in our lifetime, particularly when those two were trying to sell the image of themselves as friends.

Actually, it was after MJ got into financial trouble McCartney advised him on how to make money buying the rights to old songs. Then Jackson went and purchased the Beatles tunes. Paul was quite upset at the time. I don't know if they ever "made up", but I'm sure McCartney has more class than to bash him posthumously.

Careful killa, MJ was my age.

Mine, too!

As far as Jackson goes, he's just a 50-year guy that had a lot of problems

Truly, Joe Jackson in effect "pimped out" his children back in the 60s and 70s. None of them was ever allowed to have a real childhood, and I'm sure that contributed to Michael's later problems with young boys.

Never cared for his music (or videos), with the exception of perhaps hearing Wierd Al make fun of his songs.

Me neither. I was always into bands like Zeppelin, Floyd, Skynyrd, etc. But I remember back in the 80s MJ was about the most popular icon in the music industry.

Besides, Michael Jackson was just plain creepy.

I never did understand all that surgery he had. He wound up looking like a ghost, and barely human at times. I suppose it was a self-image problem in his own mind.

When I think of MJ, I think what a tragic waste of talent. Very sad. His personal life haunted him and changed him forever, never to return.

I think that pretty much sums it up. He was a pioneer in the music industry, yet he could have done so much more. Whatever ghosts haunted him, he is at peace now. While I may not consider him on par with Elvis or the Beatles, still he had a huge influence in the industry in the 80s. I also agree with whoever said the parents of those poor children should shoulder a lot of the blame. They in essence pimped them out as they knew that MJ would likely pay them off. With all that said, with the passing also of Farrah and Ed McMahon, it seems this will be a bitter week for Hollywood to remember. It makes one think of their own mortality to see the stars and icons of one's youth pass away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

The best part of this post is having Papi back! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

In Response to Re: The Day The Music Died Part 3:
    [QUOTE]The best part of this post is having Papi back! 
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

And you, too! We've missed you here. It was always refreshing to get a woman's perspective (no offense to CT Lady). Hope you'll be back more often once the games start. It's been mysteriously "troll free" for a while now. Except, of course, if you count underdogg and JBolt. But those two are at least capable of intelligent football conversation, though they may not always agree with us here!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

jbolt is an inveterate homer, much to his credit.

underdogg simply plays devil's advocate because he likes to argue.

This board would be less fun without them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Useless flotsam.

Sure, he touched a lot of people, but I will save my sympathy for those he touched in a bad way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo354. Show bobo354's posts

Do you pay 20 million dollars to someone if your innocent? With all his high priced lawyers they couldn't get out of the fact he did it. Another child molester off the streets!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BellaCheate. Show BellaCheate's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Mike in Katy - (neighbor of steroids Roger ?) Glad to hear that MJ's music touched you !! Hope you didn't allow your kids to go near him so he could do the same to them....
    Posted by Samteka[/QUOTE]You are so correct! I do not understand why I am supposed to be so distraught over the death of someone I never knew, have absolutely nothing in common with, who I think was a freaked out weirdo, just because he was a well known entertainer.... are these people REALLY distraught or want to show us how "cool" they are because they liked his music? Would they have the same level of outright depression if one of their own friends died? If you want to focus on a celebrity death yesterday, the story of Farrah Fawcett is a much better one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BellaCheate. Show BellaCheate's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Day The Music Died Part 3 : Well this Generation X member was absolutely floored and upset yesterday afternoon. It's too surreal and difficult to wrap my brain around; two icons that so influenced my generation... gone. Michael in particular was [to me] my generation's Elvis or Lennon. Now I 'get' why folks were so upset when they lost their music idols. If nothing else this reminds us of how fleeting life can be and just how quickly mortality catches up with you when you aren't looking. Truly a sad day. 
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]It is truly amazing how fleeting life can be when you are 50 years old and have abused your body in so many many ways over the years, isn't it? How sad.... "floored?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BellaCheate. Show BellaCheate's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Day The Music Died Part 3 : He really was an amazing talent despite everything. His voice...simply a level of talent we just don't see/hear anymore. His music is timeless and that performance of Billie Jean at the Apollo...still gives me goosebumps. I'm unable to really grasp that he is gone. It's like my brain keeps rejecting the thought as an impossibility. 
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE] I am also unable to grasp how a man who loaded his veins with who-knows-what and had a life style which is beyond weird could POSSIBLY die at age 50. He was a great singer and entertainer. Period.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BellaCheate. Show BellaCheate's posts

[QUOTE]Do you pay 20 million dollars to someone if your innocent? With all his high priced lawyers they couldn't get out of the fact he did it. Another child molester off the streets!!
    Posted by bobo354[/QUOTE] True. In the end, didn't MJ die like $400 million in debt? Who got the short end of that one? Where did the money go?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]The best part of this post is having Papi back! 
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

The worst part of this post is lookin' at BB instead of you!
    How ya doin' looker?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Hard to get choked up about a narcissitic pedophile.  I am sure his effed up upbringing contributed to his 'issues', but in the end we are all responsible for our choices.  He chose to fiddle little boys, turn himself into a freak, and leave his estate with half a billion in debt (almost unthinkable given his earning power).  Elvis, Chuck Berry, and Buddy Holly launched rock and roll.  Dylan transformed music from mindless to soul searching, the Beatles defined a generations look, dress, and culture and expanded musical boundaries, Hendrix defined guitar heroics, Led Zep launched hard rock.  Wacko's lasting influence?  He inspired g*y stage dancers to try out for "So you think you can dance"  
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Thanks, Bub, Harley and Bolt. I posted then left. July/Aug can't get here soon enough. I do read this most every day so I'm keeping up!