The dominos start the fall kaczur might be gone!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

The dominos start the fall kaczur might be gone!!

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/02/27/why-offensive-lineman-nick-kaczur-has-likely-played-his-last-down-for-the-patriots/

>The Patriots lost Nick Kaczur to a back injury this season, and he later injured his shoulder. It forced them to play without their potential starting guard all the way from training camp. Considering Kaczur had started at right tackle for five years, it was considered a big loss.

Now, Kaczur may never play for the Patriots again.

A source close to the situation told me that the Pats approached the seven-year veteran about taking a massive pay-cut based on his impending salary of $3.4 million for 2011. That is not something Kaczur is prepared to do.

When I asked if the Patriots would cut Kaczur rather than pay him all that money, I was told, “They’re going to have to.” Perhaps that comes before March 3, though not necessarily.

And really, this isn’t a bad move for either side. Kaczur will be a starter at guard or tackle for someone, while the Pats have moved on at guard withLogan Mankins (for at least a year) and Dan Connolly. And Sebastian Vollmer isn’t going anywhere at tackle. So you can’t pay $3.4 million for a backup.

I we are going to draft more than one offensive line men ,

My hunch TBC is up for a pay cut and also neal if he returns 

let the the draft begin !!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: The dominos start the fall kaczur might be gone!!

Kaczur's back is junk. I said it way back and I'll say it again. If he can't take pain killers at will then he wont be effective. IMHO ofcourse. The statement about starting for someone would be a reach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BB-IS-BEST. Show BB-IS-BEST's posts

I won't miss him, I thought it was a mistake signing him to a long term contract about a year ago. He hasn't been able to hold up consistenly against pass rushers or proide a strong  run blocking performance against quality D-lineman. This saves the team some dough, and possibly allows more room for mankins to be squeezed in potentially, money wise. Also, this might allow the team to make a deal with Light soon for another year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I have nightmares about Kaczur trying to block any starting quality defensive player in the NFL. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I would be OK with that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from frosty1212. Show frosty1212's posts

He needs all of the 3.4 mil...I heard oxycontin prices are through the roof these days.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

It is time that the offensive line gets reworked.  This is just the start. 
    Same thing happened to tight end last year and that worked out well.  The two lines need to be refreshed.  Vollmer is the only one safe.  Mankins will sign and be there another year.  Light is going nowhere.  Bring in a couple of young linemen, give them a year to learn.  This is the beginning of the new Brady protection. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

They want to use him as Guard and his contract is more that of well paid Tackle.

He either gets it here or he risks possibly losing his career, buried on some crappy team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from plldre79. Show plldre79's posts

ThERE IS NO LOGIC IN KEEPING KACZUR ON THE ROSTER IF HIS BACK IS A MAJOR PROBLEM TO HIS HEALTH. iT IS A MEDICAL FACT THAT ONCE YOUR BACK
    ENCOUNTERS SERIOUS INJURIES, THERES NOT MUCH ONE CAN DO TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM. DRUGS ARE NOT THE ANSWER TO HIS BACK PROBLEMS ESPECIALLY IF HE CONTINUES TO PLAY FOOTBALL. HIS BACK WOULD ONLY GET
    WORSE AND NOT BETTER. MY ADVICE TO MR KACZUR IS TO INDULGE HIMSELF
    INTO PARTICPATING IN ANOTHER SPORT THAT DOESN'T PUT TOO MUCH STRESS ON HIS UPPER BODY. I DO HOPE THAT HE FINES SOME FUTURE SUCCESS IN
    DOING SOMETHING THAT INTERESTS HIM. GOD BLESS!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

I don't htink his back was a major problem. Remember the Pats had him on the roster until Branch was signed. If it was a huge issue don't you think the Pats would have IR'd him earlier?

If he is cut then he will be playing somewhere else.... goo dluck to him. He was stable enough and trusted enough while w the Pats, but definitely not worth the big contract he signed a few years ago.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I don't htink his back was a major problem.

I do. He never took a snap. I think his back is junk and his career could be over. If not then he was taking ALL those oxys for fun and selling them to his team mates.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: The dominos start the fall kaczur might be gone!!:
    [QUOTE]It is time that the offensive line gets reworked.  This is just the start.  Same thing happened to tight end last year and that worked out well.  The two lines need to be refreshed.  Vollmer is the only one safe.  Mankins will sign and be there another year.  Light is going nowhere.  Bring in a couple of young linemen, give them a year to learn.  This is the beginning of the new Brady protection. 
    Posted by msteven[/QUOTE]

Amen! msteven, Amen!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

In Response to Re: The dominos start the fall kaczur might be gone!!:
    [QUOTE]I don't htink his back was a major problem. I do. He never took a snap. I think his back is junk and his career could be over. If not then he was taking ALL those oxys for fun and selling them to his team mates.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

then why did they keep him on the roster and now trying to keep him at a reduced rate?? oxy or not the Pats are still interested....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

then why did they keep him on the roster and now trying to keep him at a reduced rate?? oxy or not the Pats are still interested....

I don't think they had a lot of choice. Not for depth anyway. Being intrested for the vet minimum isn't that flattering IMHO ofcourse.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Kaczur has earned a certain amount of good will with the Patriots, for dealing with his Oxy problem by turning in his dealer.  The Krafts like this.  For a guy with his hand on the ground he's a standup guy. 

I doubt that some NFL teams will want to touch Kaczur.  He has baggage issues.  However, his agent may feel that someone will jump in and pay top dollar for Patriots' junk.  Kaczur has been playing for six years for a team that consistently wins 75% of their games.  The other 31 general managers aren't sure which players are responsible for the Patriots beating everyone else, but they're more willing to open their wallets for a long-time Patriot than for a long-time Detroit Lion.

Ultimately, most football players get old fast and Kaczur's back is really old. 

Always say thanks to these guys.  I wish Mr. Kaczur a good contract.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Kaczur has earned a certain amount of good will with the Patriots, for dealing with his Oxy problem by turning in his dealer.  The Krafts like this.  For a guy with his hand on the ground he's a standup guy.

With all due respect we don't know if the FEDS cut a deal and Kraft was pressured to honor his contract. Anyone you and I know that got caught with that much junk would have been bargaining how many years they spend in the PEN. I'm as big a Pats fan as anyone but that whole deal stunk from day one and it sure got swept under the carpet quick. Even Quick Draw Goodell didn't do anything about it. That right there makes me believe in a "higher power".

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Kaczur isn't the only one who could be cut.  Someone mentioned Tully Banta-Cain.  He isn't playing up to his contract.  Then there is Mike Wright, he plays well when healthy but he missed so many games due to a concussion which is concerning.  He could be cut too especially if we draft a stud DE.   Does anyone know the prognosis for Ty Warren?