The Ed Reed Effect

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

The Ed Reed Effect

The Jets are currently 22nd in the NFL in pass D, 21st in OPR and 27th in the NFL in INTs. What kind of an effect will Ed Reed have on those numbers?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: The Ed Reed Effect

Jets are now the odds on favorites to win the SB.... uh-huh  (-;

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Thought he wanted to play for a contender.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But I thought that they already have played in the SB twice this year, as have 7 other teams.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Put him in there and find out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But I thought that they already have played in the SB twice this year, as have 7 other teams.  

[/QUOTE]

I never thought that.  Others, maybe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The only teams you face will be the ravens, panthers and browns.  The rest are garbage and I'm not so sure about the ravens and browns. You should go up in every number, but so will we. We always play in nov and dec.  I'm going to call cherry picking on this one. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I honestly think Reed is finished. Surprised Izdek bit on him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Keep him away from the Pats, if the Jets perceived the Pats were at all interested.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Keep him away from the Pats, if the Jets perceived the Pats were at all interested.

[/QUOTE]

Cmon, Idzek is smarter than that

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Young secondary.  Young defense.  Many completions deep over the middle.  Not enough INTs or big hits on receivers.  A player who is smart, albeit not in his prime, that can add some depth at cheap money in a familiar scheme, coach and another safety he's played with.  If Reed has anything left, it doesn't get much more of a perfect fit.  Look at it this way, he'll contribute more than Wilson.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Young secondary.  Young defense.  Many completions deep over the middle.  Not enough INTs or big hits on receivers.  A player who is smart, albeit not in his prime, that can add some depth at cheap money in a familiar scheme, coach and another safety he's played with.  If Reed has anything left, it doesn't get much more of a perfect fit.  Look at it this way, he'll contribute more than Wilson.

[/QUOTE]

If Landry and Cromartie are young, then you must be the bizarro Harvey Polepoker

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cmon, Idzek is smarter than that

[/QUOTE]

Considering Idzik is dumb and has no successes, that ain't saying much. Word was Ryan controlled Tannenbaum and now Ryan is demanding Idzik to sign 35 year old FSs on one hip who can't cover and got benched.

[/QUOTE]

Idzik is dumb and has no successes?  Where do you get your information from? What a chesseball you are.

It's amazing to see how quickly your opinion of Reed has changed.  It seems like just yesterday you were clammoring for him to be a Patriot.  Well, at least Bill drove up the price that it cost to sign Ed Reed's ego.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thought he wanted to play for a contender.

[/QUOTE]

Nope. He said he wanted system familiarity.  lol

7 games left in his career and he's concerned about system fit.  Ed Reed hitches his cart to Geno Bust.

[/QUOTE]

Geno bust?  Is that the same Geno bust whose Jets put up 30 on the Pats top rated D?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or at least go from 12 in the power rankings to 11th.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Landry and Cromartie are young, then you must be the bizarro Harvey Polepoker

[/QUOTE]

Wow! it's like I'm talking to Harvey here.  The fact that Cromartie and Landry are 29 & 31 does not negate that a bunch of other starters are 25 and younger.  Team ages are not calculated from your choice of the older players, but on an average of all of the players.  The Jets have the third youngest team in the NFL. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow! it's like I'm talking to Harvey here.  The fact that Cromartie and Landry are 29 & 31 does not negate that a bunch of other starters are 25 and younger.  Team ages are not calculated from your choice of the older players, but on an average of all of the players.  The Jets have the third youngest team in the NFL. 

[/QUOTE]

You said the secondary was young. Cro and Landry arent

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

None, Ed Reed was a name, no longer a talent. Think of Jordan on the Wizards, how many chips did they win again?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

So glad Meadowland Mike is here to fire up super interesting Jets conversations. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

None, Ed Reed was a name, no longer a talent. Think of Jordan on the Wizards, how many chips did they win again?

[/QUOTE]

You mean after he'd been retired for four years and was 38 years old and was expected to put up 30 a game?  Gee, I don't recall.  But good analogy anyway.  It's pretty much the exact same thing.  That is, aside from the age, the sport, the retirement and the role of the player.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So glad Meadowland Mike is here to fire up super interesting Jets conversations. 

[/QUOTE]

Good post.  You are by far the most intelligent one here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well the team is young and Brick is 30 and Pace 33, so the team is not young?  Wow!  You're a Harvey kinda dumb.  I think you may have missed the part about how averages work.  Let me try again.  If Cro is 29, Milliner 22, that averages................25.5..... see how that works?  Please stop wasting my time with dumb things Harvey lite.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well the team is young and Brick is 30 and Pace 33, so the team is not young?  Wow!  You're a Harvey kinda dumb.  I think you may have missed the part about how averages work.  Let me try again.  If Cro is 29, Milliner 22, that averages................25.5..... see how that works?  Please stop wasting my time with dumb things Harvey lite.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that does make sense mathematically... really sucks the 22 year old has been benched twice and hurt the rest of the time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that does make sense mathematically... really sucks the 22 year old has been benched twice and hurt the rest of the time.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  If he turns out to be a Ras-I that can't stay on the field it would continue to suck.  Rex's D requires a lot from corners.  Milliner has and will continue to improve.  His footwork was very poor early in the year.  His health will be the determining factor as to how great he'll be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  If he turns out to be a Ras-I that can't stay on the field it would continue to suck.  Rex's D requires a lot from corners.  Milliner has and will continue to improve.  His footwork was very poor early in the year.  His health will be the determining factor as to how great he'll be.

[/QUOTE]

He's had 5 surgeries, that's crazy...