The Excuses Never End With the Indianapolis Colts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Excuses Never End With the Indianapolis Colts

Just when you thought that you've heard every excuse under the sun for Peyton's latest choke job, another one gets trotted out by the Manning apologists. Now, they're blaming the loss on reserve RB, Mike Hart: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/06/the-colts-may-have-found-a-new-super-bowl-scapegoat/

LOL!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Re: The Excuses Never End With the Indianapolis Colts

In Response to The Excuses Never End With the Indianapolis Colts:
         Just when you thought that you've heard every excuse under the sun for Peyton's latest choke job, another one gets trotted out by the Manning apologists. Now, they're blaming the loss on reserve RB, Mike Hart: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/06/the-colts-may-have-found-a-new-super-bowl-scapegoat/      LOL!!! 
    Posted by TexasPat3

I pray we host another AFC Championship game in Foxborough this season and thump the Colt's again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

As long as it's not Peyton's fault.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Here doggy doggy ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: The Excuses Never End With the Indianapolis Colts:
    Apparently, you all don't read russgriswolds posts.  He has 1000 excuses lined up for what may happen this year. So, some newspaper tells a story about what happened at a point in the game and the Colts are making excuses?  I don't get it.  Furthermore, Polian stating that the Oline got out played by the Saints Dline is making excuses.  Did you watch the game?  It did.  So, all of you non excuse makers, whose fault were Brady's pics against the Ravens?  Who to blame for our 2007 Superbowl loss?  Griswold says it was a lucky catch.  Are those excuses?
    Posted by PatStats

Apparently you just don't get it. Both jughead and the colts organization have a long history of whining, complaining and finger pointing. If you had researched this topic at all before writing your own complaining post, you'd know that. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Yeah their fans thrown the other 52 guys under the bus just so they can still deify Geyton. It is almost as if the entire city of indianopolis has a gay crush on Peyton Manning

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Hey wait a sec, no incent in NJ.  I am from there and a long time pats fan.  NJ may be a wanna be NY, but that is about its worst trait IMO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

The Cold, Hard, Football Facts site has a medical term for the strange phenomenon of media people being unable to ascribe any blame to Peyton Manning for the Colts' post-season failures: "Spinal Manningitis."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Saints' DL outplayed the Colts' OL? 

I want to someone to show at what point in time did the Saints' DL outplay the Colts OL... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Has Indy won anything ever since they piped in the crowd noise and raised the temperature?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

My take on the Super Bowl and the ensuant criticism and deflection surrounding Manning is that one of Gomer's supposed strengths is that he is an offensive co-ordinator on the field. He's out there jumping up and down and waving his arms around like an idiot and all the pundits get all excited and claim defenses cannot stop him because he runs through the entire playbook in 11 seconds and blah, blah, blah all hail Peyton Manning and we're not worthy and what have you.

Well, the primary reason the Colts lost the Super Bowl is because on that particular key third down, Manning went to his bread-and-butter play and Porter recognized it. Sorry . . .  nobody ran the wrong route and it wasn't a case of the defense making a lucky guess -- or even a bad throw, really. Porter saw the formation and knew what was coming and no matter how you break that down, it's on Manning.

You can't have it both ways. If he's the ultimate secret weapon as an "offensive co-ordinator on the field," then it's his fault when he calls the wrong play or fails to disguise it effectively. I get that the Colts want to spin it that they don't even sniff the playoffs without Manning (which might be true) and they don't ever want to lay any blame for anything at his feet, but pretending the tide isn't coming in won't save your sandcastle.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

My take on the Super Bowl and the ensuant criticism and deflection surrounding Manning is that one of Gomer's supposed strengths is that he is an offensive co-ordinator on the field. He's out there jumping up and down and waving his arms around like an idiot and all the pundits get all excited and claim defenses cannot stop him because he runs through the entire playbook in 11 seconds and blah, blah, blah all hail Peyton Manning and we're not worthy and what have you. Well, the primary reason the Colts lost the Super Bowl is because on that particular key third down, Manning went to his bread-and-butter play and Porter recognized it. Sorry . . .  nobody ran the wrong route and it wasn't a case of the defense making a lucky guess -- or even a bad throw, really. Porter saw the formation and knew what was coming and no matter how you break that down, it's on Manning. You can't have it both ways. If he's the ultimate secret weapon as an "offensive co-ordinator on the field," then it's his fault when he calls the wrong play or fails to disguise it effectively. I get that the Colts want to spin it that they don't even sniff the playoffs without Manning (which might be true) and they don't ever want to lay any blame for anything at his feet, but pretending the tide isn't coming in won't save your sandcastle.
    Posted by p-mike

Amen, brother Mike...great post!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In the old days, the real Colts, the Baltimore Colts never made excuses. These Colts are what they are dolts, chokers and excuse makers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Tomorrow, Polian will probably blame the bus-driver for the loss. After all, if he didn't take Peyton to the stadium, he wouldn't have thrown that pick-6...LOL!!!

In case you missed it, here's the aforementioned Manning gaffe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr7DeUZumcs

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

It's pretty obvious PatStats is not a Patriots fan.  Probably a Jets or Colts fan posing.  Pathetic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to The Excuses Never End With the Indianapolis Colts:
         Just when you thought that you've heard every excuse under the sun for Peyton's latest choke job, another one gets trotted out by the Manning apologists. Now, they're blaming the loss on reserve RB, Mike Hart: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/06/the-colts-may-have-found-a-new-super-bowl-scapegoat/      LOL!!! 
    Posted by TexasPat3

Doggy will explain that the NBC sports writer in on BB payroll.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

It's pretty obvious PatStats is not a Patriots fan.  Probably a Jets or Colts fan posing.  Pathetic.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats

PatStats is ol' Shoe-shine Boy himself, undercover. Here, doggy...come on out, boy!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Pmike, I agree with your post.

I wouldn't want people to assume that Boston writers speak for Pats fans, and I doubt this guy speaks for anyone but himself and a handful of delusional fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Nice try, Dog(gggg).

In Response to Re: The Excuses Never End With the Indianapolis Colts : I think Manning is given the respect he deserves. He's a great QB.

RESPONSE: That's inaccurate. He's not a great QB. He's a great regular season QB. 

Regardless if that pick was all his fault or not, that in itself does not constitute a choke or an excuse.  Here's what he said "Porter made a great play on the ball," Manning said not long after New Orleans’ 31-17 Super Bowl XLIV was in the books and red and silver confetti littered the Sun Life Stadium floor. "He made a good break on it. And he just made a heck of a play.”

RESPONSE: What did you expect him to say, "I choked again"??  Manning made a bad read, and a worse throw. Someone who is praised as "another coach on the field", and as "the greatest QB of all-time", shouldn't be making such errors...wouldn't you agree? Furthermore, this is not his first, second, or even fourth such gaffe in big games.  

To say it was a choke is to belittle Porters D.

RESPONSE: As I stated above...nice try. Watch the play. Manning had no pressure on him, regardless of what Bill Polian would have us believe. Reggie Wayne was well covered...yet Manning threw the ball right into coverage, to Porter. Credit Porter for excellent coverage. But, ultimately, Peyton must shoulder the blame for this gaffe. Please...STOP making excuses for him! 

Posted by PatStats

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

THE COLTS' O-LINE WON THE MATCHUP

EVEN ON THE INTERCEPTION, THEY DIDN'T HIT MANNING BEFORE THE THROW.

I respect Manning now more than ever since Brady started complaining to officials, too, but Polian and dogggg needs to admit when their boy messed up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I agree.  It was a close game and Egghead does what he does best in playoff games. He chokes when he's counted on.  It's that simple. Put him outdoors where Polian can't blatantly tailor a game with officials making up calls and he's mediocre when it matters. He's clearly no Brady and not a Montana or a Unitas.
    Posted by russgriswold

Guess that's why I appreciate what Brady, Favre, Tarkenton, Bradshaw and Montana more so than Manning. They play the majority games outdoors in any sorts of weather. Be interesting to see a average QB rating/stats for indoor vs outdoor performances.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I don't know about QB stats but here's an interesting article about how "Domed stadiums have changed football and the fairness of its competition" written by a baseball writer.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/tom_verducci/02/02/verducci.domes/index.html

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

The Saints' DL outplayed the Colts' OL?  I want to someone to show at what point in time did the Saints' DL outplay the Colts OL...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tllnSO9JOd0
    Posted by 49Patriots

O.k. 49, See the reason WHY I skipped watching the championship game of My only and favorite sport in the known universe, Has been made all to clear after partaking in that Youtube 2010 SB highlights clip you s^ckered me into viewing. 

First...yes, I DID see 1 Saints blitz, where one of the Saints players really coulda almost had a hand on Peyton Manning (after 3 or 4 seconds in the pocket)- I mean The Colts O-Line picked up the blitz perfectly, but the LARGER Point is: The Saints DL while blitzing on that particular down, AND IF given maybe 3 or 4 more seconds, perhaps, maybe, coulda got maybe 1 hand on Manning...  Again, I know- I know-They DIDN'T...but yet again, The important point ofcontention here Is that, maybe they could have in the right circumstances...on that 1 play...and with more time...and perhaps if NO sent maybe 1 extra guy blitzing (but realistically, probably 2 or 3 more).

Digression aside, I go back to my original point:  Q: WHY Didn't I watch the greatest game in the best sport on earth?  A:  Well, I'll provide with you ALL a few examples from that highlight clip 49Pats provided here (see IF you can figure it out yourselves)...

Action: Saints blitz and Colts O-Line picks up each and every defender...
    ~Announcer states:  "There's the first blitz of the game by the saints, and Peyton hits Pierre Garcon for a BIG First Down!"

Action: Colts O-Line blocks each Saints D-Lineman on a running play and 1 or 2 LBs as well.  Joseph Addai breaks hard to the wide-open hole, does a stutter move on the last unblocked Saints LB, and runs hard into 2 Saints defenders rather than going straight out of bounds, So that He secures the 10 yards for a fresh set of downs...
    ~Announcer states:  "Ahh, Wow...good play call by Peyton Manning here, changing the play right at the line of scrimmage."

Action:  Pass play, Saints show blitz but fall back @ the snap.  No Saint defender is within 5-7 yards of Manning in the center of the passing pocket...  Pierre Garcon wide-right, gives stutter move towards an inside slant turning the CB completely around in coverag, Then blows by both the Saints CB covering him on Fly-route into endzone, and is fast enough in 
    his route that The Saints Safety can't even move from centerfield of secondary to the top in time to help out...Garcon thus beating the double coverage 
    ~Announcer states:  "On 3 plays later, we got our first TD of the game on 3rd and 6- Peyton Manning niiiccce throw to Pierre Garcon."
    ~Second Announcer states:  "WOOoooh...Soon as 1 Saints Corner goes down (on injury some time earlier), Peyton Manning goes RIGHT TO the replacement CB and scores a Touchdown!"

Action:  Pass-play.  Colts O-line is on each and every pass-rusher.  Peyton Manning rolls out into the right passing flat...No Saint within 10-12 yards of Manning.  Dallas Clark lining up @ LOS as right TE, beats the LB jamming him at line, and speeds past the LB showing a straight deep route.  Clark cuts outside downfield into a post going towards the deep right sideline, Getting behind not 1, not 2, not 3, lmao-not even 4...But 5 Saints defenders all within a few yards of him in the deep secondary, catches the pass and is taken down by 2 of the Saints defenders...
    ~Announcer:  "Saints ahead in a SB for the first time ever, BUT Peyton Manning putting that chin-strap back on... 6 plays later, Dallas Clark-Ohh, What a GORgeous throw...".
    ~Second Announcer:  "Yea, Peyton got outta the pocket a couple times to the right-side, And threw just beautifully from the run...".
    ~Announcer:  "I just GOTTA look at that again."
    ~Third Announcer:  "Ya GOTTA see that again...And not only the throw, but look at the route- standing straight up (Clark), giving him the length, But ONLY Peyton Manning can stick the pass in like how he did."

Of Note
    :  With that...I sorta stopped watching 49ers highlight film... 

FINAL:  IF ya can't figure out WHY I didn't even WANT to watch the Superbowl, with what I offered here...OR where I'm goin' with this...You're either a Colts Fan, or somewhat brain damaged to a degree...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

I don't know about QB stats but here's an interesting article about how "Domed stadiums have changed football and the fairness of its competition" written by a baseball writer. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/tom_verducci/02/02/verducci.domes/index.html
    Posted by digger0862

Wow. That was a great article and I hope others here read it as well. There's little or no speculation involved. No opinions, no bias, just facts. The funny thing is if the writer had been able to remove the gaudy statistics the Patriots have had over the recent years, the advantage to domed teams would have been even more pronounced. This article, in my opinion, though others have made this argument for years, has the facts to contradict the argument for Manning as the GOAT. In fact, added to his post season failures, it makes Manning look downright pedestrian.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here's an article on "Mr. Wonderful", written by "The Football Scientist", K.C. Joyner. The article is mis-entitled, "Why Peyton Manning Isn't More Revered"?

Why isn't ol' Horseface more revered?? He is worshipped by the media! Perhaps Joyner meant to say, "Why Peyton Manning Isn't More Revered by Football Fans"? 

In any event, here's the article. You be the judge: http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/20/why-peyton-manning-isnt-more-revered/

You might want to browse over the fan responses to the piece...which are always good for a few laughs.

Thoughts?