the favre saga continues!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the favre saga continues!!!

geez,wont this go away?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9922912

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: the favre saga continues!!!

He'll be back. He is just too bigtime to come to camp, so they decided not to sign him until after to avoid rocking the boat, and setting a bad example for the rooks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

he must be on ESPN's payroll

gives them WEEKS of stuff to talk about

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Did anyone really think he was done? Cause I saw right through his BS and knew he would at some point be a member of the Vikes roster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

In Response to the favre saga continues!!!:
    [QUOTE]geez,wont this go away? http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9922912
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Mosseffect, I just posted the same discussion before seeing you already did. I honestly can't stomach another day of Favre.  It's unbelievable to me how the sports media keeps dragging this BS out!  There are so many other interesting subjects worth discussing.  He's an overrated washed up QB that needs to go away! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

This is no accident. At his age, the last thing Favre wants to do is spend all day practicing with a bunch of rookies and wanna-bes. He can set his own pace down there in MS, and wait until the season starts. If Jackson and Rosenfels both look like bad backups (as seems the case so far), he can step right in. We've seen he likes the drama, and is giving much fodder for his buddies in the media. You'd think the vikings FO would be sick of his BS, and simply tell him to shove it after all the hype this July. But we all know it's a business, and if they need a QB they'll cave in. Favre knows this, too, that's why he's playing them like he is. IMO the Vikings should have made a play for either Cassel or Cutler. They have the guys in the trenches, and their running game is top five. They can't wait until a QB develops, so Favre has them by the short and curlies. We'll see him signing the end of the month, or the week before Labor Day. I wonder even if he does come back, will he be able to handle twenty weeks of football? Everyone knows he can play well enough before Thanksgiving!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Death, taxes, the common cold and Favre.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to the favre saga continues!!!:
    [QUOTE]geez,wont this go away? http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9922912
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE] let the weeks of brett favre talks begin.this is what we are gonna hear on the news for the next several weeks,if not months.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/18/report-favre-to-get-12-million-for-one-year/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Most anyone with marginally functioning grey matter knows Favray has just been "errrring" and "ahhhhhing" until the worst of camp is over. Out here on the prairie, it's been pretty much taken for granted that he's coming and that the Vikes will have to make the commensurate Diva acccomodations for ol' #4 . . .  which will include finding a new number for this guy . . .

. . .  who may actually be the future of the franchise at quarterback.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: the favre saga continues!!!:
    [QUOTE]Most anyone with marginally functioning grey matter knows Favray has just been "errrring" and "ahhhhhing" until the worst of camp is over. Out here on the prairie, it's been pretty much taken for granted that he's coming and that the Vikes will have to make the commensurate Diva acccomodations for ol' #4 . . .  which will include finding a new number for this guy . . .  . . .  who may actually be the future of the franchise at quarterback.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE] im sure he wont mind.the question is what becomes of tarvaris jackson?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/18/what-next-for-tarvaris/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Tavaris Jackson  blows beyond belief and has no NFL future, and John David Bootty isn't a kicker (and the BDC auto-sensor won't let us spell his name correctly).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

man I was hoping we could finally make it through without hearing more about Brett. First it was Vick now it's going to be Favre, seems like everyone has already forgotten that the man who threw 50 TDs 2 years ago is back and healthy. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

Percy Harvin just jumped in my FF pre-draft rankings...

thanks Brett...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Favre is expected to sign with the Vikes today for one year at $12 million with a second year option.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I think it's funny that one of the true great QB's of all time Tom Brady comes back from last years knee injury. Gives a very good performance against a solid Eagles defense and all you hear about is overrated Michael Vick, and turnover waiting to happen Brett Favre.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's funny that one of the true great QB's of all time Tom Brady comes back from last years knee injury. Gives a very good performance against a solid Eagles defense and all you hear about is overrated Michael Vick, and turnover waiting to happen Brett Favre.
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

Drama is what sells in this day and age. A consumate professional going about his business in serious fashion is not ratings gold. This is why Pats fans are blessed. You will hear all about Brady when he starts tearing the league apart again -- no need to worry. But media machines and image enhancing are what America is all about.

One of the NFL's greatest all-time quarterbacks (according to a lot of people who aren't me) agonizing over the decision to come back and haunt his former team?

That's gold, Jerry. Gold.

A Jesus freak befriending a soulless torturer of innocent canines in order to sell a bill of goods to Jeffrey Lurie?

Box office boffo.

It's August. Training camp and the exhibition season are desperately dull.

A month from now, Vick will be a suspended memory and Favre will be hurt and no one will care.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Imagine the day that Tom Brady retires.  Comes out of retirement and plays a year for the Bengals.  Retires again.  Then comes out of retirement and plays for the Colts. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady101. Show Brady101's posts

Wouldn't it be funny if he failed his physical...lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

That would be beyond hilarious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Awesome. Between Favre and Vick, the Pats will be UTR. Under the Radar!!! Just the way i like it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Death, taxes, the common cold and Favre.
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]

Great post and so true.  I am so sick of Brett Favre and his indecision every year.
    Can't he just retire already!  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Seriously? Brett...

What the heck is your problem dude?? lol I'm really starting to think Mr. Favre is a bit of a media wh*re and frankly, he's turning into a characiture of himself. I'm sick of him and his retire/unretire antics (and I used to like the guy quite a lot). Just go back to Mississippi or Louisiana or whatever swampy state you crawled out of Brett. Go craw-dad fishing (or whatever the hell they call them things down there) or buy a freakin shrimp boat or something to occupy yourself! Sheesh. Enough already. JMO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Brett Favre was so indecisive on his indecision that he could not decide decisively on his indecision to be decisive...... decidedly?Tongue out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Hey Laurie Brett is more of a sl ut than a wh0re, just going to team to team looking for some action.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Laurie Brett is more of a sl ut than a wh0re, just going to team to team looking for some action.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

LOL Good one Harley.

But d*mn...the man needs to p*ss or get off the freakin gumbo pot!