The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of Pats' Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of Pats' Draft

"Worst thread EVER!   Just to say "I told you so" to TP."

I enjoyed it myself. TexasPat has been unbearably smug and premature about his draft assessments. it's a real pleasure to be reminded of how clueless he himself sounds in retrospect. 

If you are going to condemn drafts the day they happen, you get the pie - the humble pie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I enjoyed it myself. TexasPat has been unbearably smug and premature about his draft assessments. it's a real pleasure to be reminded of how clueless he himself sounds in retrospect. 

If you are going to condemn drafts the day they happen, you get the pie - the humble pie.

Still a rough thread but TP is a troll...  

He's been served.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to TexasPat3's comment:

I. THE GOOD: 

1.) Two Second Round Picks Acquired for 2010: Mike Mayock, the Mel Kiper of the NFL Network, called this draft class one of the weakest hes' seen in years. In a subsequent interview with BB, Bill agreed with him. So, Belichick traded out of the first round...which led to the acquisition of 2010 second round picks, from Jacksonville and Tennessee. This gives the Pats three second rounders in 2010. It also gives the Pats the necessary ammunition to pull off a trade for a veteran like Julius Peppers, Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson, or others...if they choose.

2.) Selections of NT Ron Brace and CB Darius Butler: 

a.) Ron Brace: Will back-up Vince Wilfolk, and give the Pats some leverage, and insurance...regarding their contract negotiations with Vince;

b.) Darius Butler: By releasing Deltha O'Neal, and trading Ellis Hobbs, the Pats have, in essence, fired their CBs after a disasterous year, in which the Pats gave up a league leading 31 TD passes. Butler could start immediately. He, along with Terrence Wheatly, Jonathan Wilhite, Shawn Springs, Chung, and Lee Bodden should lead to a major improvement.

3.) Selection of WR Brandon Tate: A good gamble at #83? But for a serious knee injury, Tate may have been a first round pick. Though some thought that #83 was a bit early, the Tate selection set off a mini run at WR. The Steelers took WR Mike Wallace (4.3 speed) immediately thereafter. It will be interesting to follow the careers of these two players. 

4.) Tyrone McKenzie: Good prospect, who can play either ILB or OLB. Taken at pick #97. Might eventually replace Tedy Bruschi.  

III.) THE BAD:  

1.) Rey Maualuga: On paper, Rey would have been a great fit at ILB, as Tedy Bruschi's replacement. But, the trade-down from the first round set up the Pats' entire draft. It allowed them to get Brace and Butler, and two additional second round picks in 2010. Rey could have been had at #34, instead of Patrick Chung. One must wonder why the Pats, and every other team, allowed Maualuga to slip-slide away;

2.) Sebastian Vollmer: Vollmer was selected with the 58th overall pick. Why so early? Weren't there better OL prospects to be had? Being picked as high as he was, this guy had better produce;

3.) Wasted Later Round Picks?: Rich Ohmberger, George Bussey, Jacob Ingram, Myron Pryor? Is it so hard to find a decent OG? Again, weren't there better prospects to be had? Is this Corey Hilliard and Mike Elgin (not so vintage 2007 picks) all over again? Supposedly, Jacob Ingram is a long-snapper, which every team needs. Myron Pryor...after Ron Brace was selected?? 

III. THE UGLY: 

1.) Why No TE?: The Pats had ample opportunity to grab Shawn Nelson (Bills), and Philadelphia took Cornelius Ingram in round 7. With Ben Watson's contract coming up, why not grab a guy like Ingram (who, like WR Brandon Tate, has injury issues), and but him on the PUP for a year (like they'll probably end up doing with Tate);

2.) Ellis Hobbs Trade: Hobbs and the Pats' secondary had a bad year in 2008. But, 2009 was going to be his contract year...adding incentive for him to perform at his best. In fairness to Hobbs, he was hampered most of last year with injuries. Isn't a decent CB, who can return KOs, worth more than 2 high 5th round picks (which were later traded to acquire the immortal Rich Ohmberger?). Plus, why trade Hobbs to a SB contending team like the Eagles? Possible reasons why Hobbs is gone: 

a.) Philip Rivers is right. Hes' one of the worst CBs in the NFL;

b.) Whining about his contract, and un-Patriotically mouthing off a bit in the press last year likely had something to do with the decision to jettison Hobbs.   

c.) BB feared that Hobbs would whine if he were to lose his starting job.

d.) Perhaps the Pats wanted to create some cap space for additional free agent signings (Jason Taylor, Roy Williams? Others?). 

Thoughts? Agreements/Disagreements?       

Yeah I have some thoughts.

So Texas Pat, you LIKE the picks of Ron Brace, Darius Butler, Brandon Tate, and Tyrone Mack.....

So Tex, you LIKE Wheatley, Wilhite, Springs, Chung AND Bodden to be a major improvement?

So Tex, you LIKE BB trading out of "the weakest draft class" in years.....

Volmer no good?

You like Maualuga at 34?

Surprised

Shout out to triple OG for a little thread revival on a rainy Tuesday in N.E

damn, you all going waaaay back. This is gonna be good!  Im just gonna sit back and watch and Hide...lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Yes, I too make mistakes. But...BB is paid to be right. I'm not. I'm not afraid to give my opinions, right or wrong. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Vacilando's comment:

Worst thread EVER!   Just to say "I told you so" to TP.

id say grow up but it's 4 yrs later and apparently you've just regressed. 

Unsubscribe!!!!

Perhaps somewhere in your 31 posts you have come across Texas Pat blasting Bill Belichick and his talent evaluation,especially of the 09 draft class and the very players above that TP endorsed that year.

He goes so far as to say BB is the reason the Pats have not won a 4rth super bowl. To put it in a situation you could relate to, it's like when you yell at your mom because she doesn't cut the crust off your peanut butter jellys. It is just plain ignorant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We've all been wrong in the past, we can go back and dig up dirt on any of us if they've been around here long enough... but with Tex it is kind of satisfying because he brings this "I told you Belichick" kind of BS to every post, he is the king of hindsight, but like most of the negative types they had nothing but positive things to say when the Chungs etc were drafted or disappear entirely around the draft and show up afterward to render their verdict.     If you don't have the stones to pick out the best players in real time, in advance, don't come around four years later and knock Belichick or posters here for their picks saying "I told you so."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Yes, I too make mistakes. But...BB is paid to be right. I'm not. I'm not afraid to give my opinions, right or wrong.  

The point here isn't that you were wrong.  It's that if anyone dares to disagree with your immediate evaluations of a draft class they get labeled an idiot and a homer.

And of course the fact that you always complain about reaches is amusing given that you did so in 2009 with Vollmer.  How did that one work out?  As I've said from the beginning if the guy turns out to be a good player no one cares if he was "reached" for.  If a guy is a bust no one will care that it was "good value" when he was drafted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

SurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprised !!!!!!

WATERSHED MOMENT.  THIS MAY BE THE FIRST, LAST, AND ONLY TIME TP ADMITS HE WAS WRONG. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

The point here isn't that you were wrong.  It's that if anyone dares to disagree with your immediate evaluations of a draft class they get labeled an idiot and a homer. 

Actually, quite opposite is true. Who started the name calling in the other thread, you or I? Anyone who dares criticize whatever the Pats do gets savaged by you homers. This stifles what could otherwise be good conversations.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So, what does TP's thoughts of BB's drafting at the time have to do with the actual effect of BB's drafting over time?

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Anyone who dares criticize whatever the Pats do gets savaged by you homers. This stifles what could otherwise be good conversations.

Or......whoever disagrees with your draft threads saying how bad BB is is called a homer. It's all in the delivery. If you sound like you are stomping your feet and whining, you get called out. If you raise a legit (question)....I bet you get more favorable responses. Problem is you come across like you know than EVERYONE, including BB, and you wonder why people react to your posts this way?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Who started the name calling in the other thread, you or I?

You.  On page 6 of that thread I called you an idiot.  Link here.

Before that you repeatedly called me a homer in condescending fashion.  Plus you sarcastically called me Einstein.  You also put out the following gems:

[QUOTE]

Sorry, I can't save you from repeatedly making a homeric fool out of yourself. 

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I've been clear to those who don't have clear comprehension issues caused by overdosing on homeric koolaide, that BB has done a poor job of selecting players in the draft.

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Please!!! Reasonable minds (unlike yours), would take issue with you here...LOL!!

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm sick and tired of going over this, time and again...with the likes of brain dead homers like yourself. 

[/QUOTE]

This of course also ignores all of the other names you called me in your previous thread after the draft which I won't bother digging up.  You have no problem calling other posters names and deriding their intelligence when they disagree with you, but the second soemone does it to you, you get your panties in a bunch and complain.  You are such a fraud.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]This of course also ignores all of the other names you called me in your previous thread after the draft which I won't bother digging up.  You have no problem calling other posters names and deriding their intelligence when they disagree with you, but the second soemone does it to you, you get your panties in a bunch and complain.  You are such a fraud.

Go ahead and cherry pick. Anyone who wants to look back over that thread will see who kicked the name calling in gear. In fact, you had two of your posts deleted by the mods because of it. Talk about being a fraud...

But this is who you homers are...guys like you, and Rusty.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I miss garytx....

I am enjoying these old threads being dug up!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

So Tex it's no longer who started it, but "who kicked it into gear" huh? That sounds like a backpedal to me.  Of course this is no surprise coming from the guy who maintained for multiple days and 5 pages of a thread that I hadn't answered your questions and called me a coward.  Now that 2 other posters have reposted my answers to your question (and of course I linked it multiple times) you have gone mysteriously silent. What are you going to do now? Make another wizard of oz joke to try and insult me fraud?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Actually, quite opposite is true. Who started the name calling in the other thread, you or I? Anyone who dares criticize whatever the Pats do gets savaged by you homers. This stifles what could otherwise be good conversations.

Well that didn't last long.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well that didn't last long.

[/QUOTE]

If only we could say that about you being here.