The Gronkowski infection is very serious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

Re: The Gronkowski infection is very serious

Here is the deal......its the beginning of April.......the Season starts in Sept.............thats 5 months.......I could honestly care less about all the speculation on a potential infection etc.......I really don't care if Gronk is in training camp, or the preseason games..........heck I dont care if he is out until Oct. or Nov...........IMO him and the medical staff have 6 plus months to get whatever problem is going on corrected........IMO, let the guy miss training camp, the preseason games and even the first quarter to half of the season.......I just want him back and fully healthy for the 2nd half of the season and playoffs.

In the meantime, we already have an excellent plan B in place with Ballard(Who is a fantastic and highly underrated TE), which we literally stole from the Giants. We are all set at the TE position to start the year off with WITHOUT Gronk.

TIme to see this thread die.....its literally pointless and full of useless speculation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/11/gronkowski-decides-to-put-off-another-surgery-for-now/related/

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/11/gronkowski-decides-to-put-off-another-surgery-for-now/related/

So, this proves what Borges sold the public was a sensationalized piece of garbage. Is it possible that they might go back in? Yes. Is it also possible they don't have to? Yes.

It's early April here.

He can still work out, keep up conditioning, etc.  I want Gronk for title games and SBs, not for preseasons.

So what is the status of Gronks prior surgery? Item #1, we cannot accurately ascess the healing staus because the metal plate doesn't allow us to gain x-ray information.

#2. We suspect that the healing has been delayed and attribute the cause to persistent infection, an abscess (could be a sterile abscess merely requiring drainage), an infection not responsive to antibiotics.

Question: Have antibiotics been ineffective because of poor circulation (i.e., the metal plate reducing adequate nutrition to the area), because of poor lifestyle choices (diet, alcohol..which can reduce the effectiveness of antibiotics when used to excess), or to a virulent bacterial strain resistant to the antibiotics currectly being used?

#3. What are the signs and SYMPTOMS indicating that healing has been compromised? Answer...there has been no information forthcoming. We are left in the dark!

#4. What has changed to allow Gronk to postpone surgery?  A good question. Perhaps some of the signs and symptoms indicating delayed healing have improved or disappeared? Or, perhaps new or different antibiotics are being tried?

#5 We can only wait to hear what lies ahead. If new treatments (i.e., antibiotics) are being tried we can expect to revisit Gronks status in 3 weeks if the treatment approach changes (i.e., surgery) or perhaps hear only that healing is back on tract.

#6 The season starts in 5 months and avoiding further surgery would be desirable so there is still time to try another treatment approach.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Does anybody read these articles?

They are not going to replace the plate untill they see if the infection is gone.

Anyone wanna guess why he was on high dose antibiotics for 6 weeks....

Ding..ding...ding....he had an infection..

It's so much better for him if this round of antibiotics did the trick..

HOWEVER....they are still going in AGAIN and replacing the plate...

They are being cautious and hopeful that this pace gives him the best chance for a full and complete recovery....

Those that insist that this story is somehow a fraud piece would most likely test positive for Adderall...

Hate to be a bit testy but read and comprehend the damn story and take of the tin foil hats already.........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Do you know why they do everything humanly possible to eliminate the infection before going in and disturbing the area....anyone....

What do you think happens to the infection when it is disturbed....anyone...

It can break away from the infected area and migrate quickly throughout the persons bloodsteam....in serious cases it can cause septic shock.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph.............

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

^^Dude, we're not doctors here. I'll leave it up the best medical advice, arguably in the world, with the doctors in Boston.

The point is, the Borges article is littered with doom and gloom speculationa and basically lies to cause drama and sell newspapers/clicks on his column.

The guy is a compelte gutless weasel and a crappy human being.

Yes, you could be right. On the other hand we don't have the typical kind of information that usually addresses  HEALING COMPROMISE.

Let me explain. Eighteen months ago my wife broke her forearm in a fall. It was placed in a stent for healing but the broken bones shifted and surgery was required (as was a metal brace). Healing was delayed but the SYMPTOMS were tenderness and persistent pain indicating some type of infection.

I'm sure that Gronk also has some of the same syptoms but none of that information has been shared with the public. In fact we're left in the dark so we can only rely on what little news we hear. If the doctors won't share Gronk's symptoms (or discuss his signs of infection) they're also likely to be quiet about how Gronks case will be managed.

In the event that Gronk has persistent infection due to an antibiotic resistent bacteria there is real cause for concern. That perhaps is the reason for the DOOM and GLOOM but a bit premature at this stage.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

And now we know the Crown is one of Tin Foil......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

http://www.thevictoryformation.com/2013/04/09/a-doctor-explains-to-us-just-how-serious-rob-gronkowskis-infection-is/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

"We have people in here blaming excellent surgeons and all kinds of conspriacies because of your thread."

Words escape me in trying to understand the complete magnitude of the incredible stupidity of this statement.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Action-Jackson. Show Action-Jackson's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

And here's another that was started with sincere intentions but drifted off into the dark side...again..many posts have been removed....