The Hatred of Peyton Manning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: The Hatred of Peyton Manning

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When it comes to women, Brady is not exactly a saint.

[/QUOTE]

Who are you to judge? You don't know the people involved, or the circumstances.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

let me put it this way: any fans whose team had a possible TRIPLE MURDERER on their roster has absolutely no right judging anyone

[/QUOTE]

You're such a jerk at times...such as this time. Lawrence Taylor was, in my opinion, the best football player that ever lived. But, off the field, has there ever been a bigger dirt-bag? Are we to blame Bill Parcells for this? The Mara Family? The Giants' franchise, or their fans??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On a football note the national media pimps for him... Adam Schefter wrote an apology piece in ESPN insider blaming most of his playoff losses on things like the weather, an onside kick, the kicker, his offensive line, the wife of one of the defensive backs etc...

I can't ever recall a national writer pimping for Brady like that.

[/QUOTE]

No. All you hear from them is that Brady hasn't won a SB since "spygate". Just as is the case with liberals...the media has clearly taken sides.

[/QUOTE]

TP, here is the piece from Schefter... he actaully blames Nick harpers wife for one of the playoff loses.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10259145/schefter-blitz-all-falls-peyton-manning

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Sticking to the basic issue:

1)  The sexual assault allegation has always troubled me about PM.  I don't really know all of the facts but everything I've read about the case gives me pause.

2)  Muzz pretty much sums up my perception of him as a player.

3)  The media has annointed him (positioned him?) as the face of the NFL.  Why would that be? 

Now as an aside: I'm an old white man (relative to most posters on this board), my politics are my own business and I have a grown son and a grown daughter.  What that has to do with anything any of us posts on this board regarding football is beyond my ability to understand.  That said, if someone decides to fly their colors about their views on women, equality or any other issue involving humans that makes 'em fair game in my book.  Post at your own peril on this board and if you can't stand the heat that's your problem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Interesting responses.  Thanks, gang.

I should have expected the stupid "hate is a strong word" stuff.

It's not his fault that the media lays off him.

In 2005, after getting sacked 5 times by the Steelers, he said they had some "protection problems".  Big f'ing deal.  What's wrong with a guy telling the truth once in a while?  It's not like he said, "#77 really made like a turnstile and that's why we lost".  But, unlike most other stuff, if this is why you don't like him, at least it's semi-legit.

As for the assault stuff, well, no one knows.  It's all he said/she said so I'm not looking one way or the other.  My life remains the same either way.

Texas Pat had a good reason.  He doesn't like watching Manning play.  His pre-snap stuff bugs him.  That's understandable.  That's an actual reason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who are you to judge? You don't know the people involved, or the circumstances.

[/QUOTE]

You mean like the judging of Manning, which is the basis of this entire thread? And if you've read it, I know more than you think

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

There's a lot of self-righteous moral outrage here. 

Lets be PERFECTLY clear.  There are plenty of current and past patriot players/coaches with current and past legal and/or moral issues. 

I'll get into only a few:

Belichick - adulterer and NFL cheater

Hernandez - known legal issues at Florida.

Kaczur - caught with Felony amounts of prescription drugs likely with an attempt to distribute. 

Talib - charged with aggrevated assault with a deadly weapon.

Blount - punched an opponent on national TV after losing a game. Could have been charged with battery. 

Dennard - currently awaiting trial for a second legal incident in less than a year.  Fortunately for the pats his legal team has gotten stays on the case until the season is over. 

I am more than sure that with a little digging I could go on and on and on find more about players you've rooted for who had prior legal moral issues, but the sample here is more than enough to demonstrate the hypocrisy of those who are outraged.  Your outrage tells me that you should HATE the pats, but you don't.  So please, find some of your own decency.

To the non-hypocrites - good luck to your pats today. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

let me put it this way: any fans whose team had a possible TRIPLE MURDERER on their roster has absolutely no right judging anyone

You're such a jerk at times...such as this time. Lawrence Taylor was, in my opinion, the best football player that ever lived. But, off the field, has there ever been a bigger dirt-bag? Are we to blame Bill Parcells for this? The Mara Family? The Giants' franchise, or their fans??

This statement about LT, while of itself valid, makes practically no sense in the context of a response; but I'm not surprised. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

The hate is what makes this rivalry so great. While we all know Brady and manning have tons of respect and admiration for each other, there's no doubt that come 3pm est today they will hate each other. As far as the fan hate of manning, many may take it too far but it's all in good fun. I know manning is a good guy from what I've seen and I'm sure if I met him he would be nothing but respectful. with that being said, I'll take Brady over horse face any day of the week. Go Pats!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The hate is what makes this rivalry so great. While we all know Brady and manning have tons of respect and admiration for each other, there's no doubt that come 3pm est today they will hate each other. As far as the fan hate of manning, many may take it too far but it's all in good fun. I know manning is a good guy from what I've seen and I'm sure if I met him he would be nothing but respectful. with that being said, I'll take Brady over horse face any day of the week. Go Pats!!!

[/QUOTE]

Good healthy perspective here.  The only issue is that actually there are a few here who are very serious about their hatred while cheering their own flawed players and coaches.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's not his fault that the media lays off him.

[/QUOTE]

That is true. They are mostly another collection of swine. They sell more laying off Manning and trashing guys like TO or Moss. But then, they're only catering to the  customers, and you can see from this thread, there are plenty of swine customers to cater to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lets be PERFECTLY clear.  There are plenty of current and past patriot players/coaches with current and past legal and/or moral issues. 

Kaczur - caught with Felony amounts of prescription drugs likely with an attempt to distribute. 

Blount - punched an opponent on national TV after losing a game. Could have been charged with battery. 

Dennard - currently awaiting trial for a second legal incident in less than a year.  Fortunately for the pats his legal team has gotten stays on the case until the season is over. 

I am more than sure that with a little digging I could go on and on and on find more about players you've rooted for who had prior legal moral issues, but the sample here is more than enough to demonstrate the hypocrisy of those who are outraged.  Your outrage tells me that you should HATE the pats, but you don't.  So please, find some of your own decency.

[/QUOTE]

Hey UD, who are these guys again?

Joe Lefeged - Arrested on gun related charges

John Boyett - Arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct

Samson Satele - Arrested Public intoxication

Fili Moala - Arrested. DWI, public intoxication, speeding

John Gill - Arrested (2x) Public intoxication

Tajiddin Smith - Arrested. DWI

Darrell Reid - '07 possession of Marijuana. Obstruction. '09 arrested for disorderly conduct

Ed Johnson - Speeding, arrested for possession of marijuana

Kenton Keith - Misdemeanor criminal trespassing

Dominic Rhodes - Arrested. DUI

Nick Harper - Arrested. Domestic battery

Mike Doss - Arrested - concealed weapon. Discharging outside of a night club

Montae Reagor - Arrested - Telephone threats to girlfriend

Mustafah Muhammad - Convicted of beating his pregnant wife!

It's pretty obvious that you think that only Colts players are true saints! Now go back to your little corner with you box of kleenex and continue to cry about last weeks beat down!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

[QUOTE]

Darrell Reid - '07 possession of Marijuana. Obstruction. '09 arrested for disorderly conduct

It's pretty obvious that you think that only Colts players are true saints! Now go back to your little corner with you box of kleenex and continue to cry about last weeks beat down!

[/QUOTE]
    hey rodimus - I am not the one demonstrating fake moral outrage.  That's your fellow fans.  Wake up my friend.  Apparently your comprehension level is not too strong OR you are so blinded by your fandom that it clouds your ability to think clearly.  At any rate, my point was every team has players with less than great pasts.  The pats in particular relish the opportunity to rehab players with bad pasts - and you cheer for them.  Why would you denigrate fans of other teams and players for doing the same. Its called fake moral outrage. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

OK, let's get a few things straight, shall we? 

Nothing hypocritical about expressing concern about the conduct of an opposing team's player while at the same time rooting for your own team regardless of what they have done.  It's the nature of being a fan.  One can deplore the conduct of a player while still rooting for his success on the playing field.  Doesn't mean you're excusing the conduct.

Hate is a strong word that I rarely use. In the case of PM, speaking for myself it's use is totally inappropriate.  I don't care for his style nor the deification that the media has bestowed upon him.

Brady is the Pats QB; the Pats are my team (no, I don't own them); I root for Brady.  I also, without being at all objective, think TB is the best ever.

Manning is the opposing team's QB; the Pats are playing against them; I don't root for them but I do respect their ability to win football games.  I think Manning has had issues winning big games regardless of his level of skill.

I liken the comparison to Chamberlain/Russell.  Many would argue that Wilt was more skilled and physically gifted than Russ.  Russ one 11 champtionships; Wilt 2.  No question in my mind who the greatest NBA center of all time is.  I never hated Wilt either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    hey rodimus - I am not the one demonstrating fake moral outrage.  That's your fellow fans.  Wake up my friend.  Apparently your comprehension level is not too strong OR you are so blinded by your fandom that it clouds your ability to think clearly.  At any rate, my point was every team has players with less than great pasts.  The pats in particular relish the opportunity to rehab players with bad pasts - and you cheer for them.  Why would you denigrate fans of other teams and players for doing the same. Its called fake moral outrage. 

[/QUOTE]

your man crush on jughead really is comical...he goes to a different team and your still in full apologist mode....cant let go can you LMAO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As for the assault stuff, well, no one knows.  It's all he said/she said so I'm not looking one way or the other.  

[/QUOTE]

The words of an eyewitness to the incident have been published.

The judge wrote "The court further finds that there is sufficient evidence to permit the conclusion that the defendants entertained serious doubts as to the truth of the passages in this case."
    (The judge is saying there is sufficient evidence to conclude Manning lied about the incident.)

And that witness wrote, "
    You might as well maintain some dignity and admit to what happened. ... Your celebrity doesn't mean you can treat folks that way. ... Do the right thing here."

(The eyewitness is stating that Manning was not admitting to what really happened with his "mooning" explanation.)

And the "call it mooning" strategy was not even concocted by Manning. Associate trainer, Mike Rollo, in deposition stated when asked if the woman ever referred to it as a "mooning", "No, unfortunately, I think that tagging is with me".

And you sum all this up as a simple he said/she said?

Do you think Manning paid her off rather than go to trial and have this elaborated eyewitness testimony plastered in every paper in the USA?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

your man crush on jughead really is comical...he goes to a different team and your still in full apologist mode....cant let go can you LMAO

[/QUOTE]

This isn't apologizing for anyone.  Its demonstrating the child-like logic of a few here.  LMAO at you CC - keep your ishtty logic coming, too, my friend.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The pats in particular relish the opportunity to rehab players with bad pasts - and you cheer for them.  Why would you denigrate fans of other teams and players for doing the same. Its called fake moral outrage. 

And what players are Pats fans rehabbing that have assaulted an innocent woman, liar?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

This isn't apologizing for anyone.  Its demonstrating the child-like logic of a few here.  LMAO at you CC - keep your ishtty logic coming, too, my friend.

[/QUOTE]

Elaborate on this child-like logic you are claiming troll.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

This statement about LT, while of itself valid, makes practically no sense in the context of a response; but I'm not surprised. 

RESPONSE: Why am I not surprised that a logical comparison between the two make no sense to a lover of all things New York...LOL!!! Tell me, is Parcells or the  Giants to blame for LT's behavior off the field? 

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Brady was a serial multi-womanizer impregnator;

[/QUOTE]

Which multiple women did Brady impregnate through womanizing?

Are you just another liar, or stupid?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady has no record of treating women badly like Manning does. You're a dishonest kind of guy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK, let's get a few things straight, shall we? 

Nothing hypocritical about expressing concern about the conduct of an opposing team's player while at the same time rooting for your own team regardless of what they have done.  It's the nature of being a fan.  One can deplore the conduct of a player while still rooting for his success on the playing field.  Doesn't mean you're excusing the condcut.

Hate is a strong word that I rarely use. In the case of PM, speaking for myself it's use is totally inappropriate.  I don't care for his style nor the deification that the media has bestowed upon him.

Brady is the Pats QB; the Pats are my team (no, I don't own them); I root for Brady.  I also, without being at all objective, think TB is the best ever.

Manning is the opposing team's QB; the Pats are playing against them; I don't root for them but I do respect their ability to win football games.  I think Manning has had issues winning big games regardless of his level of skill.

I liken the comparison to Chamberlain/Russell.  Many would argue that Wilt was more skilled and physically gifted than Russ.  Russ one 11 champtionships; Wilt 2.  No question in my mind who the greatest NBA center of all time is.  I never hated Wilt either.

[/QUOTE]
    Not sure I agree with this ATJ, but maybe I am being too harsh.  It's fine to root against other players and teams, even passionately.  And I am willing to accept that fandom, in and of itself, basically allows for a lack of judgement or critical thinking, but a line has to be drawn somewhere, right?  

And I've got a real problem with the moral outrage thing, because every team has players with much less than savory pasts. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey UD. My comprehension level is a lot higher than you think. I'm fully aware that every team in the NFL (or any pro sports team) has a bunch of DB's on their roster. I read about them and their stupidity every year and shake my head. My point is that you should not be so quick to just point out the character flaws in the team that you have such a high hatred for, when your own team also has players who have had legal issues. Yes I do cheer for them, but I only cheer for what they do on the field. And yes I do hate Manning...but only as a Pats fan. 

Oh and since you want to bring up comprehension...please explain to me how person A, can hate person B, yet person A joins a forum filled with a lot of person B?  

"Why would you denigrate fans of other teams and players for doing the same." 

I don't do that. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Elaborate on this child-like logic you are claiming troll.

[/QUOTE]

you tell me what I mean. I'll tell you whether you are right or wrong.