the hero and the jets.VS The Pats,and there cassel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Well every media is Advertiseing favre as a hero.and that he has all these abilities.yes they are rideing on a winning streak.there confidence is up.watching us just plain out beat them down will be priceless.we dont need any hero,s. our team as one Defeats Hero,s.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

When the Pats played the Jets earlier this year, I never felt the Pats were ever in danger of losing the game because I knew that sooner or later Favray would throw a killer interception (which, of course, he did). His own coach, douchebag that he is, admits Favray often makes bad decisions and this whole "gunslinger" thing is just another way of saying that Favray will ultimately do something stupid. "Hitting on 20," is what Mangini calls it. The Pats are markedly better now than they were when these teams first met and I just don't see the Jests coming in and challenging the Pats.

Mark it down. Favray throws at least two picks in this one.

Pats 27 Jests 13

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Too bad Adalius won't be there to sack him and Washington again at the same time. I'm sure that played gave them both nightmares for a few weeks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Yet another statement game in the AFC East. Does anyone really think the Pats want to be dethroned by Mangina and the J-E-T-S??? Not gonna happen. Not Thursday. Not with this group of Pats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Both teams are playing at a much higher level compared to when they played earlier. As a fan of that "other team" I am looking forward to this Thursday. I expect it will be close and maybe my team can pull it out. They always seem to play well in your yard.... As for yesterday's game, it was a classic "trap" game but the Jets came thru as they should have. For this week..keep Favre's attempts down, get the rushing game going (really clicking at this point) and keep the D pressure up. Who knows???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The way for the Patriots to win this Thursday's game is to stop the run. That, coupled with ball protection should do the trick. If the Jests cannot run the ball they will be forced to rely on Favre slinging it all day...which he'll be more than happy to do. And that will invarably lead to picks. On this issue Mangini actually knows what he's talking about, and his fears are justified. I'm sure BB will emphasize this in practice. If they can stuff Jones and make them one dimensional they will have an excellent shot of winning. Losing AD will hurt, but if guyton and Woods can be at least adequate they should be able to force Favre into some desperation throws. Cassel needs to stay smart and keep up what he's been doing. A little better accuracy on some of those tosses to moss would be nice, too. This game will truly be on the defense's shoulders, as we've seen what Favre can do when he's on his game (i.e. the games against the Rams and Cards). But the game will be for first place, so I believe the right game plan (and good execution) can stop Mr. "Hero". It makes me sick that they only come out with this crap when they play the Patriots! Emotions will be running high on Thursday night. Let's hope our boys can stay focused and show the rest of the league who really owns this division!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The game will be close the way the Pats have had many close games this season and the killer for the Jets will be that sooner or later Farve will throw a pick in a bad situation and cost his team the W but that wont stop the Leons of this world from acting like we didnt beat them once already.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

stopping the run is key,and our O-line needs to step it up.not just for cassel,but to get our running game going.if we can continue to have balance on the offense,and our defense dosent give up the big plays.we will have this game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gatech34. Show gatech34's posts

I agree that the game will be on the shoulders of the defense. The secondary will definitley need to step and make big plays for turn overs. Whoever AD's replacement is needs to try to attack Farve and keep him running.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Both teams are better since the last time they played. But I think the key here is that out of all of the improvements on both teams, who has improved the most? Cassel. Could the Jets throw any more at him than they did the last time? I don't think so. Cassels' first start. He played OK. He's better now.

Patriots 24 Jets 17

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Come on guys, give a little more respect to Favre. Everyone knows he throws a lot of picks, but he still wins games. Give credit where credit is due. That said, his team f*cking sucks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1994nyr. Show 1994nyr's posts

Everyone here sounds like they obviously have not watched the Jets of late. You think the Pats are better than they were in Week 2...and the Jets aren't? If the Pats have to rely on Cassel, this game is over. The Jets played tentatively the first game. They won't this time. They're going to blitz every down and hit your quarterback in the mouth. They're also going to dominate your running game. You guys will get one or two big plays to Moss but it won't be enough. Keep underestimating the 2008 Jets because they're about to walk out of your house with sole possession of first place. By the way, how is Brady's knee doing? Damn those infections! It was good a run New England.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[Quote]Everyone here sounds like they obviously have not watched the Jets of late. You think the Pats are better than they were in Week 2...and the Jets aren't? If the Pats have to rely on Cassel, this game is over. The Jets played tentatively the first game. They won't this time. They're going to blitz every down and hit your quarterback in the mouth. They're also going to dominate your running game. You guys will get one or two big plays to Moss but it won't be enough. Keep underestimating the 2008 Jets because they're about to walk out of your house with sole possession of first place. By the way, how is Brady's knee doing? Damn those infections! It was good a run New England.[/Quote]

First off, it was said on this post more than once that both teams have improved since they last met. You think the Jests played tentatively in their first game? Yea, nice of them to let the Patriots win. That, I believe would be 13 wins out of the last 15 meetings. Those Jets---what a bunch of nice guys. Oh by the way az wipe--your HOF qb---he'll be gone after this year--retired AGAIN. He didn't want to be in NY anyway. Never did. This will be your last chance for a long time for a victory against the Patriots. Because our HOF qb will be back. The run continues! But not for you. Your run never started. Never got off the ground. But your Jests did win 1 SB. You remember don't you? It was way back in the sixties. Yea, that's right--about FORTY YEARS AGO! Congrats to you, belated. Your team won------with a drunken qb! Quite an achievement! Good luck with your team---you'll need it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

One only needs to look at his handle (1994nyr...I guess that stands for New York Rats) to know this pimple faced child has no idea who Broadway Joe is! His mother was probably still a virgin when the Jests won SB3 (maybe not, though, if she was at least 9 years old back then)! So let's take a hard look at the Jests of 08. They were 3-2 the first week of October. Then they went to Oakland and LOST! The Raiders couldn't even find the end zone last Sunday after Delhomme tossed 4 picks to their secondary! Then came their big "winning streak". Only the teams they beat were KC, Buffalo, and St. Louis! A combined record of 8-19, and 5 of those wins were by the Bills. Being from NY, and led by the media darling Brett Favre, these guys get a lot of press. So our new "junior" member thinks his team is hot stuff. Well, there's an old saying in the NFL. To be the champs, you have to beat the champs. Other than two lucky outings in the last eight seasons, the Jests have failed to beat the AFC East champs! Now they go and sign Ty Law. But as much as I loved Ty as a Patriot, does anyone really believe at his age he can still cover guys like Randy Moss? And on only two days of practice with a new team? I think it's just Mangini playing head games with BB. And if it comes down to a battle of wits between those two, the rat-boy is surely not only the "unarmed" man, but mentally handicapped as well! If the Jests indeed try to blitz Cassel all game then guys like Moss and Welker will run wild in their secondary, and BJGE will have a lot of open space to run once he hits the second level! We can let this troll have his fun now. But I'm betting after Thursday (if the game is not indeed on after his bedtime) he will be nowhere to be found...just like that moron Leon!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

[Quote]Everyone here sounds like they obviously have not watched the Jets of late. You think the Pats are better than they were in Week 2...and the Jets aren't? If the Pats have to rely on Cassel, this game is over. The Jets played tentatively the first game. They won't this time. They're going to blitz every down and hit your quarterback in the mouth. They're also going to dominate your running game. You guys will get one or two big plays to Moss but it won't be enough. Keep underestimating the 2008 Jets because they're about to walk out of your house with sole possession of first place. By the way, how is Brady's knee doing? Damn those infections! It was good a run New England.[/Quote]

Get a clue! YOUR COACH SUCKS! You really think a Mangina led team is going anywhere? GET A CLUE!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[Quote]Everyone here sounds like they obviously have not watched the Jets of late. You think the Pats are better than they were in Week 2...and the Jets aren't? If the Pats have to rely on Cassel, this game is over. The Jets played tentatively the first game. They won't this time. They're going to blitz every down and hit your quarterback in the mouth. They're also going to dominate your running game. You guys will get one or two big plays to Moss but it won't be enough. Keep underestimating the 2008 Jets because they're about to walk out of your house with sole possession of first place. By the way, how is Brady's knee doing? Damn those infections! It was good a run New England.[/Quote]IF i can remember right.we relied on cassel in NY,and won.and he is much better since then.do you relly think favre will do anything for you?the great Hero who chokes under pressure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

MrGrub. If i read the NEP and NYJ schedules correctly, I see that your team still has to play Seattle, Oakland, Ariz and a number of other teams that that Jets have either played or will be playing also. I wouldn't talk up schedule and opponents too quickly. Remember, the Jets beat Miami. Did you? In any case, I expect this weeks game to be hard fought and maybe my team can pull it out. They'll have to be at the top of their game but anything is possible. Also, the jets ARE playing at a much higher level than when you beat us. Patriots are also but these teams rarely have anything other than a tight hard-fought game

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[Quote]MrGrub. If i read the NEP and NYJ schedules correctly, I see that your team still has to play Seattle, Oakland, Ariz and a number of other teams that that Jets have either played or will be playing also. I wouldn't talk up schedule and opponents too quickly. Remember, the Jets beat Miami. Did you? In any case, I expect this weeks game to be hard fought and maybe my team can pull it out. They'll have to be at the top of their game but anything is possible. Also, the jets ARE playing at a much higher level than when you beat us. Patriots are also but these teams rarely have anything other than a tight hard-fought game[/Quote]schedules dont mean anything.on paper it would favor us,but on any given sunday any team can win.this game will be hard fought,and both teams haveing a short week.mistakes will be key in this game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1994nyr. Show 1994nyr's posts

Hey bubthegrub2...would you prefer my handle was BB1972.
    The once proud franchise that were the Bruins.

Jets - 24 Pats - 13

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

First off, I was not trying to compare schedules. Both teams have 12 common games, plus two against each other. Only difference is the Patriots played the Colts and Steelers while the Jests play the Titans and Bungles. I was merely trying to point out that though the media seem to be glorifying them for winning three in a row, the competition was somewhat lacking. Being a division game, and with all the comings and goings between the two, these games are close ones more often than not. We shall see who wins tomorrow night. My main point is that ESPN (again) seems to be playing the Patriots as "villians" against the Jests and their "hero" Brett Favre! As far as your screen name goes, I don't care if it's AH2008! I'm sure you can figure it out. But if you wish to come here and talk smack, expect the same in return. All in all, I'm a lot "nicer" than if you get into a pizzing contest with someone like MVP!!! And your comment about Brady's knee shows you to be a classless troll. But I suppose I shouldn't expect much from some Jests fans. After all, you were probably one of those idiots who was cheering when Pennington went down last season!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[Quote]
    Hey bubthegrub2...would you prefer my handle was BB1972.
    The once proud franchise that were the Bruins.

Jets - 24 Pats - 13
    [/Quote]even without brady we still are kicking the jets butt.and all this time everyone was so releaved when brady went down,but look at us now.this year is the cake,and next year,and yes brady will be healthy,and hungry will be the iceing on the cake.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

AH2008

Hilarious

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

You do realise that we have beaten the Jets many times before. I guess Brady just doesn't have the right doctor to prescribe a multitude of painkillers. A Staph infection is very treatable and does not require an Oprahesque confession on ESPN. Brett needs Dr. Phil and Dr. Feelgood to re-up the morphine supply, or at least he will after this game. Crack is also remarkably cheap in the tri-state area, however it is not a painkiller. Not that I'd know. See now you made me get uncivil.

This will be a tight game, I still see the Pats winning. But even if they don't Brady is still much much better than Favre.