The Implosion Of Incognito

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: The Implosion Of Incognito

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jeff Ireland is a Parcells protege and I just can't say it enough: What has Parcells ever built?

Meanwhile, the Chiefs, with Pioli (trained by BB) leaving behind a bounty for Andy Reid, are set up for years.

[/QUOTE]

Parcells built Belichick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

And subsequently, the 2013 Dolphins.  

They always try to sneak in to make it seem like flash and fluff to fool the media in some way every year. Many fall for it.  RKrap is one.  Every single year, there is some kind of flash and every year they don't make the playoffs. 

Jeff Ireland is a Parcells protege and I just can't say it enough: What has Parcells ever built?

Meanwhile, the Chiefs, with Pioli (trained by BB) leaving behind a bounty for Andy Reid, are set up for years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Parcells built the season ticket base for Kraft.  It made all the news.  The day he was named coach sales went through the roof.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

So true TBF12. There is no need for another Icognito thread. That's one of my biggest complaints here. He could have just easily added to the Original Incognito thread. UUUGHHH

Don't know where you get these photos but they add to the laughter here....lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Rusty, the Incognito story is a fascinating one. A story that could bring about some legitamate conversations on bullying or use of the "N" word in todays culture. Like what is the difference between Riley Cooper (a white man) yelling the N word at a black person, or Richie Incgnito (white man) calling his teammate (black) this over and over? (and not in a friendly way) Cooper was blasted in the media and had to take time off to attend counseling. Incognito was ignored by the media. embraced by his teammates, adn overlooked by the Dolphins until Thomas' fianlly walked off and his reps filed a complaint. Quite frankly I dont think either situation should be tolerated, and I beleive the NFL should make an example out of Incognito. There is no room for racism in a civilized society.

But Rusty, you missed the opportunity to have these conversations when your initail post strayed off topic to just attack of jump on other BDC posters here, and express your man love for BB. Not sure how BB or BP even figure into this? Blaming Parcells for the culture in Miami now is like crediting Dick Macpherson for the Pats winning years. Let it go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty, the Incognito story is a fascinating one. A story that could bring about some legitamate conversations on bullying or use of the "N" word in todays culture. Like what is the difference between Riley Cooper (a white man) yelling the N word at a black person, or Richie Incgnito (white man) calling his teammate (black) this over and over? (and not in a friendly way) Cooper was blasted in the media and had to take time off to attend counseling. Incognito was ignored by the media. embraced by his teammates, adn overlooked by the Dolphins until Thomas' fianlly walked off and his reps filed a complaint. Quite frankly I dont think either situation should be tolerated, and I beleive the NFL should make an example out of Incognito. There is no room for racism in a civilized society.

[/QUOTE]

I would certainly agree the two situations have some parallels. To what degree the action was outwardly displayed in front of management/teammates I think may be the difference, but who knows. I fully agree that the racist remarks are out of line, but I wonder how publicly those were made. If I recall correctly, the whole "hazing" or "bullying" culture doesn't seem to be disputed. I just wonder if that aspect was embraced by the teammates, but Incognito behind the scenes went above and beyond and was the catalyst behind Martin leaving. After all, the media hasn't come forward with any other direct quotes from any other players to date. I think that scenario offers a possible explanation as to why his teammates "embraced" him and management "overlooked" the situation, if that is even fully accurate.

Regardless, I agree that his actions were intolerable in any work environment, particularly one where you become a public figure. I also wonder how much the rookie hazing aspect will be scrutinized or if this will focus on the racial slurs being spewed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, heck, NAS.  We agree on something! And I commend you on pointing that out.  

Parcells truly did groom Belichick.   BB's Cleveland years were medocre; he came back to work for Parcells; and, well, the rest is pretty much the stuff of a good pupil coming into his own.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This new move of putting GIFs on every thread is getting tiresome.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the alternate angle on this thread was to take a sideways shot at me because I bulgeoned him repeatedly the past few months.

It's funny, I was never around Parcells/BB in the Giants days. But in the short time they were here, I see absolutely zero in common between these 2 guys. They could not be any more opposite than they already are. I would even say that Parcells has had zero influence on BB in any way imaginable...how they treat and develop players, drafting philosophy, free agent philosophy, media relations etc...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Um has anyone considered the possibility that Richie INcognito is gay...?   My GF is convinced he is a closet homosexual based on the totality of his actions and persona.

He appears to have these recurring issues ... Hard to explain otherwise...perhaps?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Um has anyone considered the possibility that Richie INcognito is gay...?   My GF is convinced he is a closet homosexual based on the totality of his actions and persona.

He appears to have these recurring issues ... Hard to explain otherwise...perhaps?

[/QUOTE]

I never think about whether or not someone is gay.  I couldn't possibly care less.

Why do you care?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay, so what are you suggesting? Icognito had a man crush on Martin and acted like a first grader because he doesn't know how to express his true feelings? Maybe little richie was snubbed by Martin after an advance in the shower? What are you suggesting?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay, so what are you suggesting? Icognito had a man crush on Martin and acted like a first grader because he doesn't know how to express his true feelings? Maybe little richie was snubbed by Martin after an advance in the shower? What are you suggesting?

[/QUOTE]

GF brought it up.  When you think about it.  It fits. That's all.    Displaced hostility, etc...   Psychology of big bully 101.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

All I am going to say is this is a sad sequence of events that may change the culture of an NFL locker room forever.  All because of the actions of one person who went way too far.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have been doing it forever, sometimes I do it a lot, sometimes I go through periods of not doing it at all.  It all depends. Some people like it, apparently you don't.  Never had anyone complain before. You have just started coming here the past what, 6 months?  Deal with it.  It's not like I'm going to the hockey forum doing it.  Get what I'm saying?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

GF brought it up.  When you think about it.  It fits. That's all.    Displaced hostility, etc...   Psychology of big bully 101.

[/QUOTE]

So that's why Rusty calls names and is basically a jerk...  acts like he does?  He is a closet homosexual.  I knew it.  Once again Babe is correct!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I have been doing it forever, sometimes I do it a lot, sometimes I go through periods of not doing it at all.  It all depends. Some people like it, apparently you don't.  Never had anyone complain before. You have just started coming here the past what, 6 months?  Deal with it.  It's not like I'm going to the hockey forum doing it.  Get what I'm saying?

[/QUOTE]

A little defensive, TFB?

Relax.  I'm not the enemy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So true TBF12. There is no need for another Icognito thread. That's one of my biggest complaints here. He could have just easily added to the Original Incognito thread. UUUGHHH

Don't know where you get these photos but they add to the laughter here....lol

[/QUOTE]

actually this isn't even an icognito thread.  This was just a way for Rusty to get some page hits (as I am doing now) so that he may bash other teams, praise everying Belichick and hope that Belichick sees such praise and smiles kindly upon him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Even BB credits Parcells for many things he has incoporated into his coaching philosophy but he did not "build" him.

if you read most books on BB and watched his NFL network special he credits most of coaching acumen from guys like Ted Marchibroda, Red Miller and Ray Perkins. Besides his father I beleive he credits Marchibroda for being the one of the most influential coaches he has worked for.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't look at them then and if you do it's 2 words...how long does it take to get the message from 2 words?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

A little defensive, TFB?

Relax.  I'm not the enemy.

Nope, why would I be defensive?  Were you attacking me?  I don't see how my remark was defensive, I was just letting you know how it is over here since you just recently started coming here this season.

Never said you were the enemy, and I never acted like you were the enemy.  I'm cool with everyone here with the exception of 2 people.  Like I said, I'm just letting you know it's not a new thing, been posting all types of graphics since I started here.  Photos, photoshops, gifs, that is part of what entertains me posting here.  Other get a kick too, and probably some don't but it's just like a message, some like what a person writes, some don't.  There is no difference, they both take up space.  Look at it or move past it, your choice.

Not sure why you are so touchy about my reply.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I hate to tell you folks....there ain't any choir boys in the NFL

Bill Parcells

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

And subsequently, the 2013 Dolphins.  

They always try to sneak in to make it seem like flash and fluff to fool the media in some way every year. Many fall for it.  RKrap is one.  Every single year, there is some kind of flash and every year they don't make the playoffs. 

[/QUOTE]

Pioli was fired and Cassell was dumped. Those two things have a lot to do with KC's season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Richie is no longer Incognito