the indianapolis cult

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

the indianapolis cult

the colts fans obsession with peyton manning is a cross btwn the cult of stalin and gay.
    i'm glad that i can be a fan of an entire team rather than just worshipping at the feet of a very fallible qb with almost no clutch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: the indianapolis cult

"Not that there's anything wrong with that."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: the indianapolis cult:
    [QUOTE] "Not that there's anything wrong with that."
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I'd like to go ahead and forward a wager that every gay person and bolshevik on planet earth just might disagree with your statement...  And IF they didn't?  Welp...Then I've definately placed homosexuality and the russian revolution, on WAY to high of pedastals above Colts Fans... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

People who live in glass houses.... One word: Belichick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Its pretty interesting that even people that consider belichick to have cheated almost unanimously consider him the greatest football mind of the last decade

we all know that the media is looking- why havent they found a specific example of how "cheating" benifited the pats yet- theyve had years

[QUOTE]People who live in glass houses.... One word: Belichick.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Its pretty interesting that even people that consider belichick to have cheated almost unanimously consider him the greatest football mind of the last decade we all know that the media is looking- why havent they found a specific example of how "cheating" benifited the pats yet- theyve had years In Response to Re: the indianapolis cult :
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

"Greatest football mind" now? I thought they thought he was the best coach. Define, greatest football mind.

Any damned fool knows any benifit from cheating was insignificant. It's the fact Belichick arrogantly ignored the memo that is the dirty deed here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]Its pretty interesting that even people that consider belichick to have cheated almost unanimously consider him the greatest football mind of the last decade we all know that the media is looking- why havent they found a specific example of how "cheating" benifited the pats yet- theyve had years In Response to Re: the indianapolis cult :
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]
    Lots to comment on here.  1.  does not the same worship exist with Brady with Pats fans?  As noted, it certainly does with Belichick. 

Further, how does being the greatest football mind have anything to do with cheating?  Paranoia can exist in anyone. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I'm trying to figure out how being a great mind and cheating must be mutually exclusive. 

And doesn't the hero worship also apply to Brady?  I've yet to see anyone here be critical of his play.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

[QUOTE]I'm trying to figure out how being a great mind and cheating must be mutually exclusive.  And doesn't the hero worship also apply to Brady?  I've yet to see anyone here be critical of his play.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

As  a long time pats fan I can say this .It wont last for ever here.The day will come when the pats dont make playoffs every year and in contention,then we all will see who the real fans are.I dont blame you for being a fan  of your team stick by the though thick and thin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Thanks lippa - I guess my point is, there are some here who think the hero worship applies only to everyone else while hypocritically doing the same. 

Like you, I don't mind that it's done.  Support your team.  Argue that I, a fan of another team, am wrong for my perspective.  that's fandom. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

"im trying to figure out"....  yes yes we know.... how to get your head out of your @ss....      hey...how is trent dilfers neck???   oh sorry i mixed him up with gomer....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I'm trying to figure out how being a great mind and cheating must be mutually exclusive.  And doesn't the hero worship also apply to Brady?  I've yet to see anyone here be critical of his play.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

There have been some criticisms of Brady. He has had a couple bad playoff games, and some of his off-field choices have been attacked.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Yea I dont really get this, are Colts fans not supposed to root for their star starting QB who yes is a choke artist IMO but has won them at least 1 super bowl and gotten them to two. I mean we love Brady and they love Manning and for years Brett FArve was a living legend in Green Bay? Who cares, thats how fans work.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Yeah, fans are supposed to root, even to the point of overrating. But if that tendency goes too far, like it does for Manning and Belichick, then it's too much.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]This has nothing to do with Belichick, you really cant help yourself can you? LOL Not trying to start with you man just laughing thats all.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Step back and look. You will see the worship in both cases is much the same thing. All success is venerated, all failure is excused, and even some failure is postured as success.

I know you're not trying to start with me. You are a decent fellow and a good fan. My hat is off to you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the indianapolis cult : There have been some criticisms of Brady. He has had a couple bad playoff games, and some of his off-field choices have been attacked.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Off field choices - yes, but all of that is forgotten as noted here when the guy wins an MVP. 

Indy people have been suspect of some of Manning's off field things as well. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

coldhardfootballfacts.com has a term for the Marino apologists who try to lay the blame on "no defense and no running game" for his never winning a Super Bowl: The Cult of Dan.

The fact is that Marino was a pretty average (sometimes below-average) playoff QB, and that the Dolphins didn't run the ball well when he was there because they never really tried: Marino wanted to air it out, and Shula let him pretty much do whatever he wanted. Late in his career, when Jimmy Johnson told Marino that they were going to run the ball, Marino balked and he and JJ clashed repeatedly. As for the defenses, well, they weren't great, but they weren't ALL bad during his career either.

The situation is a little different with Manning, since he's won a Super Bowl (with a big assist from the zebras--sorry, I had to mention it), but in those playoffs he really didn't play all that well over the four games, except for a few bursts of brilliance. It was a confluence of fortunate events that came together to help Indy get over the hump that January/February.

That said, as much as I admire Manning's ability, and as much as I admire him as a person (seems like a very nice guy), I never cease to marvel at the excuses Colts fans--like Dolphins fans before them--will make on his behalf whenever Indy is bounced from the post-season. The fact that under Manning the Colts have gone "one and done" 7 times does not reflect well on him as a post-season QB. That fact simply cannot be spun enough so as to render Manning blameless (but Indy fans try; oh Lord, how they try).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Funny how hardright's analysis mentions the excuses made by Marino apologists but then uses excuses in order to not give appropriate credit for the colts super bowl win. 

Further, Manning is not blameless.  He's responsible for his share of the failures as well, but if we are to simply look at his performances, I think we find that Manning has performed much better than he is given credit for. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Heres  some stats I found this is a head to  head match up for brady and manning.From what I can tell is that it shows brady  has better numbers but its close over all.

PlayerTD/INT ratioYPARating
    Brady2.49/17.3794.94
    Manning2.01/17.6294.93

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Heres  some stats I found this is a head to  head match up for brady and manning.From what I can tell is that it shows brady  has better numbers but its close over all.   Player TD/INT ratio YPA Rating Brady 2.49/1 7.37 94.94 Manning 2.01/1 7.62 94.93
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

And breaking iy down Outdoors/indoors:

Outdoors:

TD/INT Ratio              PR

Brady               2.58/1                   94.4
    Manning            1.71/1                   90.8

Indoors:

Brady               2.23/1                      103.1
    Manning            2.32/1                   98.7

Looking at it in this light, Brady is clearly ahead.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Babe - credit given for the effort, but an overall difference of .3 in the RG season only after Manning's worst rated season in 8 yrs when every skill player on his side of the ball had some kind of injury or was out for the season, an awful Oline, and a defense that was also decimated by injury (they played their 4th string strong safety most of the year with their starting corners also missing much of the season and other d starters out) requiring him to carry the team and take chances well beyond normal is not indicative of some definition Brady superiority. 

Further, if passer rating is your defining statistic then along with postseason success (which is always the pro Brady argument's end all), isn't it counterintuitive that Brady has a lower passer rating than Manning over the same # of postseason games?  And if .3 points is significant enough to use a definition of the better player, then a 2.7 differential (that's how much Manning is better than Brady in the postseason - 900% better) when its supposed to matter most should seal the deal for Manning being better - or do you want to now go back to that team stat?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Its Peyton vs. Brady all over again.

Peyton is good in the regular season, superior in the statistical categories during the regular season. That I can admit, but look how that team is built. Its built to be run by Peyton, He calls the plays for pete sake. Ofcourse they no longer have a running game, Its all about passing with the Colts. Peyton has had a ton of good pass catchers over his career.

Brady's number in the regular season don't truly compare to Manning's but Brady played in a more conventional offense for most of his career. In the Playoffs, Brady shines while Manning struggles, that you can't debate. Manning has been to two superbowls, winning one. Brady has been to 4, winning 3.

You can use the injury exuse to your liking but for one season, Manning's weapons were brought down to the level of Brady's weapons prior to 07. Manning still had Wayne, still had Garcon, still had Addai and Brown. Three of the 4 are 1st round picks. Can you name the first rounders Brady had when he won his superbowls? Manning had Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison and Dallas clark in his one superbowl win. Superior weapons by far compared to the best Brady has had over the years.

Heck, compare this year between the them both. Brady has 36 TD's to 4 picks AFTER loosing his Number 1 WR, having to play with rookies at the TE position, undrafted FA's at RB and two WR's coming off of Knee surgeries( tate and Welker). Manning had Wayne the entire year, Clark for 6 games, Brown played in 11 games, Garcon started 14 games( missing only two) and Colie played in 9 games. Manning had his weapons for a while, longer then most would like us to believe. His stats? 33 TD's and 17 INTs.

Manning had 177 more pass attempts then Tom Brady, yet he couldn't match Brady's touchdown numbers.

And before you tell me Manning let his RB's score in the goaline, realize that NE Pats RB's scored 18 touchdowns split between two Undrafted Free Agents compared to the Colts two first round draft choices who combined for 6 touchdowns on the ground.

As of 2011, Brady is the better QB and its not that close. Overall, like I said in the beggining of this post. Manning has his regular season numbers, Brady is better in the post season. As a fan of my team, I'd take superbowl appearances/wins over regular season dominance.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Babe - credit given for the effort, but an overall difference of .3 in the RG season only after Manning's worst rated season in 8 yrs when every skill player on his side of the ball had some kind of injury or was out for the season, an awful Oline, and a defense that was also decimated by injury (they played their 4th string strong safety most of the year with their starting corners also missing much of the season and other d starters out) requiring him to carry the team and take chances well beyond normal is not indicative of some definition Brady superiority.  Further, if passer rating is your defining statistic then along with postseason success (which is always the pro Brady argument's end all), isn't it counterintuitive that Brady has a lower passer rating than Manning over the same # of postseason games?  And if .3 points is significant enough to use a definition of the better player, then a 2.7 differential (that's how much Manning is better than Brady in the postseason - 900% better) when its supposed to matter most should seal the deal for Manning being better - or do you want to now go back to that team stat?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

This is where you go wrong UD. You cannot, you will not and you refuse to acknowledge the DOME (and its effect on playoff stats as well).

Other than SBs....

Manning has played 11 playoff games in a DOME and 6 outside. Meanwhile Brady has played 14 playoff games outside and 1 in a DOME.

Until you stop ignoring the "dome effect" on stats you cannot be taken seriously.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Its Peyton vs. Brady all over again. Peyton is good in the regular season, superior in the statistical categories during the regular season. That I can admit, but look how that team is built. Its built to be run by Peyton, He calls the plays for pete sake. Ofcourse they no longer have a running game, Its all about passing with the Colts. Peyton has had a ton of good pass catchers over his career. Brady's number in the regular season don't truly compare to Manning's but Brady played in a more conventional offense for most of his career. In the Playoffs, Brady shines while Manning struggles, that you can't debate. Manning has been to two superbowls, winning one. Brady has been to 4, winning 3. You can use the injury exuse to your liking but for one season, Manning's weapons were brought down to the level of Brady's weapons prior to 07. Manning still had Wayne, still had Garcon, still had Addai and Brown. Three of the 4 are 1st round picks. Can you name the first rounders Brady had when he won his superbowls? Manning had Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison and Dallas clark in his one superbowl win. Superior weapons by far compared to the best Brady has had over the years. Heck, compare this year between the them both. Brady has 36 TD's to 4 picks AFTER loosing his Number 1 WR, having to play with rookies at the TE position, undrafted FA's at RB and two WR's coming off of Knee surgeries( tate and Welker). Manning had Wayne the entire year, Clark for 6 games, Brown played in 11 games, Garcon started 14 games( missing only two) and Colie played in 9 games. Manning had his weapons for a while, longer then most would like us to believe. His stats? 33 TD's and 17 INTs. Manning had 177 more pass attempts then Tom Brady, yet he couldn't match Brady's touchdown numbers. And before you tell me Manning let his RB's score in the goaline, realize that NE Pats RB's scored 18 touchdowns split between two Undrafted Free Agents compared to the Colts two first round draft choices who combined for 6 touchdowns on the ground. As of 2011, Brady is the better QB and its not that close. Overall, like I said in the beggining of this post. Manning has his regular season numbers, Brady is better in the post season. As a fan of my team, I'd take superbowl appearances/wins over regular season dominance.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Brady's stats are better than Mannings.