the jets are saying week 2 is a statement game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the jets are saying week 2 is a statement game.

this game will be crazy.the jets are saying this is a statement game.if the pats can take the crowd out of it early,it will be a lot easier for them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/15/jets-preparing-for-pats-like-its-the-super-bowl/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: the jets are saying week 2 is a statement game.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Jets are right. This is a statement game. The red, white, blue, and silver wagon got smaller while the black and gold's grew overnight. 

People are already counting us out. This is a statement game for the Patriots. They need to win and win big. They are competing against great teams for home field advantage. The Ravens, Steelers, Colts, and Chargers will probably be 2-0 next week, the Patriots don't need to play catch up this early in the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Isn't that what the Jets said last season?

They love statement games. Their problem is that the statement they keep making is that they stink.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

The Jets have been chirping ever since Skinny has taken over the helm.  I think we'll be ok.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

They sure do talk a lot......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Dog is barking, in the night,
    Dog is barking,
    Do he bite?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In Response to Re: the jets are saying week 2 is a statement game.:
    [QUOTE]They sure do talk a lot......
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]..I am not here to make any kind of guarentee about a Jet win (unlike that other fan) but these games are always very competitive and anything could happen. As to this comment, all I can say is there sure was a lot of big talk before last nites game about "blowouts", "running up the score" and "humiliation" by some on this blog. I don't hear any boasting or chest thumping now. Let's see how the game goes and then let the comments fly

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to the jets are saying week 2 is a statement game.:
    [QUOTE]this game will be crazy.the jets are saying this is a statement game.if the pats can take the crowd out of it early,it will be a lot easier for them. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/15/jets-preparing-for-pats-like-its-the-super-bowl/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

If we play like yesterday, then the Pats will have some serious problems.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

No it is not!! It is the second game in the season. the Jets  may win this game, the Patriots are finding out about themselves. brady is starting to get comfortable with offense again. Mayo may not be back for awhile They need to win this game more than the Patriots do . I liked what I saw last night , a young defense with a lot of energy. I hope Peese understands the energy out there on he field and turns them loose!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Did they happen to mention what kind of statement?I see Sanchez having a Ryan Leaf type locker room meltdown Sunday evening.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonJetsLeon. Show leonJetsLeon's posts

Mahalo or Aloha I'm not sure which-But How are ya seems to work too.
    You better watch it Bubba this a tough homer crowd.You say anything against the pats and they ostricize you!

You and I must have watched the same game-These people must have watched a different one.

Does the game look different in rose colored glasses??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

I watched a very good game between men who know a lot more about what they were trying to do than I do.Enjoyed every minute of it though and never gave up hope.MOOOOOOOOOOOOO PATS!!!!!!!!! BTW Sanchez is dainty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]Ugh-There goes Moss with another outside link-If you click on it it takes you out of BDC and you have to come all the way back in. Do us all a favor Moss-You read the article and summarize it for all of us.Thanks from everybody. Here's a statement for all of you-The Jets win in a luagher this weekend.By week 8 you'll ALL be second guessing BB and wondering why is Brady still QBing....if he makes it that long with that glass knee and now the shoulder. I gave the lock of the week last week with the Jets and the points.Same thing this week.This week is easier to pick then last week after watching the Jets trounce the Texans and the pats barely get by the Bills.You lucky son's of b itches! Oh How could I forget...How are ya!?
    Posted by leonJetsLeon[/QUOTE]

Somebody get the exterminator for this cockroach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonJetsLeon. Show leonJetsLeon's posts

Hey Crono-It's always nice to see you to! How are ya!?

I call them like I see them!-You must see them differently then I do with those rose colored glasses on.
    To each his own I guess.So how's the family?Everybody have at least one piece of team logo wear on before they hit the hay?

LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Crono-It's always nice to see you to! How are ya!? I call them like I see them!-You must see them differently then I do with those rose colored glasses on. To each his own I guess.So how's the family?Everybody have at least one piece of team logo wear on before they hit the hay? LOL

I dont' care if they win 1 point every game, as long as they keep winning

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Out here on the range we brand our kin with the patriots logo.I turned my 1978 Vega into a tailgating paradise,chicken dogs and Natural Light everywhere.Afraid to take the stickers off though,not much left underneath.Even had the Vet/Mayor/Mechanic put patriots caps on the kids teeth.Cost me 2 dozen hens and a 6 pack of Tab. Thanks for asking,my little but monkey. BTW Sanchez has a special friend named Renaldo,is there something he's hiding? Cya Leon

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The SB is next week in NY?  Wow, what a short season!!  If only ONE game made a season.  I think the Jets need to rethink this and realize there are 14 more games to play just to say "we are in the playoffs".  The Pats think this is one game in 16 on the road to the SB.  The Jets are thinking this is their ticket to the SB.  Who will get let down the most?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonJetsLeon. Show leonJetsLeon's posts

Ah Cow the only guy in here with a sense of humor!MOOOO!

Vet/Mayor/Mechanic  

On that note it's time that Leon said goodnight-Early to bed and early to rise makes Leon not only healthy but wealthy and oh so very wise!

Y'all have a nice night now....ya' hear?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]Ah Cow the only guy in here with a sense of humor!MOOOO! Vet/Mayor/Mechanic   On that note it's time that Leon said goodnight-Early to bed and early to rise makes Leon not only healthy but wealthy and oh so very wise! Y'all have a nice night now....ya' hear?!

just lay off brady. He is trying to come back from one of the worst injury in sports. I can't believe you give him no credit for last nights performance

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from eldrik. Show eldrik's posts

The only reason the Jets are saying that this week is a statement game is for two reasons: 1) their coach's big mouth in the offseason will have Belichick wanting to kick their teeth in and 2) the only way they can get themselves up for a game is to say it's a statement game.  They probably say it in the locker room every week.  The truth of the matter is that it is a statement game for the Patriots.  They rediscovered what makes them the Patriots at the end of last night's game, and this week they'll be out there to not only prove they're the class of the AFC East, but that the first 55 minutes of Monday's come-from-behind victory was the abberation, not the last 5 minutes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]Ugh-There goes Moss with another outside link-If you click on it it takes you out of BDC and you have to come all the way back in. Do us all a favor Moss-You read the article and summarize it for all of us.Thanks from everybody. Here's a statement for all of you-The Jets win in a luagher this weekend.By week 8 you'll ALL be second guessing BB and wondering why is Brady still QBing....if he makes it that long with that glass knee and now the shoulder. I gave the lock of the week last week with the Jets and the points.Same thing this week.This week is easier to pick then last week after watching the Jets trounce the Texans and the pats barely get by the Bills.You lucky son's of b itches! Oh How could I forget...How are ya!?

How about a little wager--if the Jests lose, you stop pestering this board? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

In a less than memorable movie i.e.:Street Fighter ."the day you met me  I changed your life,I destroyed your village,I conquered your world, I killed your parents and crushed your existence. To you this was the most significant day of your life, to me it was just another Sunday.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Mahalo or Aloha I'm not sure which-But How are ya seems to work too. You better watch it Bubba this a tough homer crowd.You say anything against the pats and they ostricize you! You and I must have watched the same game-These people must have watched a different one. Does the game look different in rose colored glasses??

Leon, how did you know I am vacationing in Hawaii?  BTW, I registered on TheGangGreen.com tonight.  You know, that Jets forum.  I am going to test your theory that Jets fans are so much different than Pats fans.  I'm going to take the "theme" of some of your posts and post on that board.  We will see just how civilized Jets fans are.  I'll see if Jets fans are so polite when the Jets are criticized.  If you are right then I will publicly admit it.  BTW, my screen name will be easy for you to find.  It's LeonLovesPats.  See Ya Girl!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry Crono-I have no respect for a guy that gets hurt in the 1st game of the year and doesn't show up once ...not once in Foxboro to support his teammates.F him!You may give him a pass because you are blinded ,like everybody else in here,by BB.I'm not and neither are his teammates.This is going to be a long year for the pats. I can't wait to see you all turn your backs on the organization. I just got a chill!Good Night everybody!

how can i argue with somebody so sick in the brain. Fans like you are bad for football.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollslayer. Show trollslayer's posts

Leon did you play football?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wait....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA