the jets are saying week 2 is a statement game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Re: the jets are saying week 2 is a statement game.

In Response to Re: the jets are saying week 2 is a statement game.:
    [QUOTE]The Jets have been chirping ever since Skinny has taken over the helm.  I think we'll be ok.
    Posted by Kmax[/QUOTE]

Like Muhammed Ali, so far the fat man and his boys have backed up the talk.
    The Patriots need to play a solid game, and a close loss is not devastating on the raod in week two. The Jets need a blow out to make a statement, and cannot afford to lose. Pressure on them.
    But all of our talk, and all of theirs, means nothing. They will play the game, and the game will speak loudly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]The only reason the Jets are saying that this week is a statement game is for two reasons: 1) their coach's big mouth in the offseason will have Belichick wanting to kick their teeth in and 2) the only way they can get themselves up for a game is to say it's a statement game.  They probably say it in the locker room every week.  The truth of the matter is that it is a statement game for the Patriots.  They rediscovered what makes them the Patriots at the end of last night's game, and this week they'll be out there to not only prove they're the class of the AFC East, but that the first 55 minutes of Monday's come-from-behind victory was the abberation, not the last 5 minutes.
    Posted by eldrik[/QUOTE]

We need to realize that BB is not the only smart coach in the NFL. He may not even be the smartest coach in the NFL. Of course he "wnats to kick their teeth in." So what? BB is not playing. Do the Pats have the ability to kick anybody's teeth in this year. We just lost both Mayo and Seymour from two weeks ago. This is not 2007. You need the players to back up any talk or any system. As of now, we are working on smoke and mirrors. It does happen from time-to-time in the NFL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

[QUOTE]Ugh-There goes Moss with another outside link-If you click on it it takes you out of BDC and you have to come all the way back in. Do us all a favor Moss-You read the article and summarize it for all of us.Thanks from everybody. Here's a statement for all of you-The Jets win in a luagher this weekend.By week 8 you'll ALL be second guessing BB and wondering why is Brady still QBing....if he makes it that long with that glass knee and now the shoulder. I gave the lock of the week last week with the Jets and the points.Same thing this week.This week is easier to pick then last week after watching the Jets trounce the Texans and the pats barely get by the Bills.You lucky son's of b itches! Oh How could I forget...How are ya!?
    Posted by leonJetsLeon[/QUOTE]

Leon:

You are right....the Pats' next game will be a laugher....at the Jets' expense of course.....just because they had a bad game and needed the unexpected aid of a idiotic Buffalo kick returner...doesn't mean that the Pats' won't make the needed adjustments play to their usual standard under Brady's leadership....and beat your adored side 40-17....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

[QUOTE]The only reason the Jets are saying that this week is a statement game is for two reasons: 1) their coach's big mouth in the offseason will have Belichick wanting to kick their teeth in and 2) the only way they can get themselves up for a game is to say it's a statement game.  They probably say it in the locker room every week.  The truth of the matter is that it is a statement game for the Patriots.  They rediscovered what makes them the Patriots at the end of last night's game, and this week they'll be out there to not only prove they're the class of the AFC East, but that the first 55 minutes of Monday's come-from-behind victory was the abberation, not the last 5 minutes.
    Posted by eldrik[/QUOTE] you got that right.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/16/rex-ryan-shakes-his-pom-poms/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I think the key to this game is stopping Leon Washington and keeping Brady  upright. I would think we could see a lot of screen passes. I would plan on seeing the Jets bring the house on defense after Brady. Maybe we can get more of a running game this week???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't that what the Jets said last season? They love statement games. Their problem is that the statement they keep making is that they stink.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Herm Edwards, Eric Mangina.  This is the Rex Ryan era of smashmouth in your face football.  Let's see a Pat/Jets game with Rex as the coach before you start pumping your chest about seasons past. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]I think the key to this game is stopping Leon Washington and keeping Brady  upright. I would think we could see a lot of screen passes. I would plan on seeing the Jets bring the house on defense after Brady. Maybe we can get more of a running game this week???
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE] the jets need to put up,or shut up,and they wont be putting up,so they need to shut there pie holes.i think the pats need to give brady maximum pass protection,and let him pick them apart.take the crowd out of it early,and let the beat down begin on the jets.plus look at the threats on brady,s knee.it wouldnt surprise me to see a jet player put the cheap shot on brady.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/17/rex-ryan-addresses-rhodes-comments/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Usually, athletes who say they're going to make a statement are engaging in loser talk. Like saying they're going to be 'competitive'.
    Go Pats!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]No it is not!! It is the second game in the season. the Jets  may win this game, the Patriots are finding out about themselves. brady is starting to get comfortable with offense again. Mayo may not be back for awhile They need to win this game more than the Patriots do . I liked what I saw last night , a young defense with a lot of energy. I hope Peese understands the energy out there on he field and turns them loose!!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Okay, have Peese turn them loose. What a nice way to create more holes in a defense which already is labeled "swiss cheese" by some NFL analysts of Sirius Radio.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the jets are saying week 2 is a statement game. : Leon, how did you know I am vacationing in Hawaii?  BTW, I registered on TheGangGreen.com tonight.  You know, that Jets forum.  I am going to test your theory that Jets fans are so much different than Pats fans.  I'm going to take the "theme" of some of your posts and post on that board.  We will see just how civilized Jets fans are.  I'll see if Jets fans are so polite when the Jets are criticized.  If you are right then I will publicly admit it.  BTW, my screen name will be easy for you to find.  It's LeonLovesPats.  See Ya Girl!
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

LeonLovesPats!!! A beautiful thing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The SB this ain't!  Even if they win, there are 14 games to go and a strong probability the Jets will finish another season watching the playoffs in the comfort of home.!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

beating down the jets sunday will be great,seeing the stunned looks on ryans,jenkins,rhodes,and the fans face,s.priceless!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the jets are saying week 2 is a statement game. : Leon: You are right....the Pats' next game will be a laugher....at the Jets' expense of course.....just because they had a bad game and needed the unexpected aid of a idiotic Buffalo kick returner...doesn't mean that the Pats' won't make the needed adjustments play to their usual standard under Brady's leadership....and beat your adored side 40-17....
    Posted by Belenus555[/QUOTE] hey bel,take a look at this.some people have all the luck.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Meet-the-guy-who-makes-more-per-hole-than-Tiger-?urn=golf,190463

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The Jests' problem is that while this may be a statement game, they all made their statements way too soon! The game doesn't start until tomorrow afternoon. So while Gang Green is all talked out, Brady and Moss will have a couple "statements" to make. And after the game guys like Rhodes and Ryan will suddenly be at a loss for words...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sumthinfishy. Show sumthinfishy's posts

the possibility that the jets could win is very real, its just the law of averages, when you consider that a broken clock is right twice a day they are surely due to win at least one game in this decade maybe with the big tuna wannabe rex trailer at the helm they might get lucky