The Jets are who we thought they were

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

The Jets are who we thought they were

Crown Them! Most overated team in the NFL. 5 interceptions against Buffalo. What a Joke. 8-8 at best. The Big mouth will be kissing Belichicks rings before the season is out..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: The Jets are who we thought they were

How soon we forgot that it took some serious bonehead maneuvering on the Bills' part to hand the Pats a victory in week one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

They have some talent. But they don't have the ponies to legitimately contend for the crown. Even when they beat NE I maintained that.

8-8? Maybe. But I have a feeling they will be hanging around sniffing for a wildcard at the end.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

F-L-O-P-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

The Jets don't care anymore.  They already won their Superbowl.  They have only one more meaningful game to play.  We all know when that is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

Yes - a long season left to go and the Jet's fans were booing Sanchez - who looked ineffective today.

Also, announcers mentioned that Sanchez has NEVER palyed a game in freezing weather. I am not sure if that is true or not [he is from CA], but that could be a factor down the road. I am not saying he will never adapt, but it might take some getting used to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Do you think bugboy has picked out his Saints fan personae yet?

Living in upstate NY I was forced to watch the game. Sanchez was completely unnerved by the cold windy weather. Not a good thing for a QB playing in the Northeast. This week was the first time he ever practiced or played in under 50 weather. Should make for an interesting late Nov and Dec.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: The Jets are who we thought they were:
    [QUOTE]How soon we forgot that it took some serious bonehead maneuvering on the Bills' part to hand the Pats a victory in week one.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

We scored after the boneheaded play. The Jets were handed the game several times in regulation and OT and got zilch. Big difference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]How soon we forgot that it took some serious bonehead maneuvering on the Bills' part to hand the Pats a victory in week one.

And it took a coin flip to beat us last week. Your point is?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Full confession: Just today I picked them to win the East. I had already sensed Sanchez was an overblown flash-in-the-pan, but I thought the rest of team would carry him.  Boy, was I wrong!

Well, let the annual tailspin begin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

Well yea on Brady's first full game since losing the super bowl in feb or 08.  It's not a very good comparison.  Jets have lost 3 straight, it's not a good sign, when was the last time the Pats have lost 3 in a row?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Let's see how Ryan handles adversity.  His coaching style is downhill, momentum type motivation.  Teams like that can go into a tailspin fast like the 07 Ravens.  Sanchez took his postgame like a man, though.  Put the loss on his own shoulders.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]Yes - a long season left to go and the Jet's fans were booing Sanchez - who looked ineffective today. Also, announcers mentioned that Sanchez has NEVER palyed a game in freezing weather. I am not sure if that is true or not [he is from CA], but that could be a factor down the road. I am not saying he will never adapt, but it might take some getting used to.
    Posted by OldDomPats[/QUOTE]Sanchez has played up in Washington and Oregon where it gets very cold. He is just still a rookie. If Jenkins is out for any length of time that will hurt the Jets Defense big time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Well because I live out in sunny Tucson AZ right now the Pats game was on the TV until the end of the first drive in the second half and the network went to the Jets game. So I got to watch two teams who did not seem to want to win the darn thing!!!! LoL Of course I was pulling for the Bills so we have the top spot in the AFC East!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Pats!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

They said in the game that Sanchez had never played in weather below 55 degrees in college or high school.  So when it starts staying windy, cold, rainy/snowy up there then he's going to struggle.. they'll have to really rely on that running game.

Can't wait til he gets to experience a cold late-November night in foxboro!! I'm so pumped for that game, I feel like we're going to stick it to them.  I think if Bill has his way we'll intentionally run the score up on them if given the opportunity.. show them what it means to embarass a team (like what happened to the Titans today).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

...and we let them off the hook

Let's get out of Wembley Stadium with a win and without injuries on their notoriously trodden turf, then look to the bye.

After that, we play the Dolphins and Colts.  There are bigger things than looking to beat the Jets on Nov. 22 (although that won't stop me from reveling in their misery in the meantime).  I hope by then the Patriots will be rolling at full steam when they play again.  The element of surprise only works once.  Let's see how the Jets react to their 3 game losing streak.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Jets are who we thought they were : Sanchez has played up in Washington and Oregon where it gets very cold. He is just still a rookie. If Jenkins is out for any length of time that will hurt the Jets Defense big time.
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

I said it after the Pats handed him the game. He's overrated and if you can get up on him he won't have what it takes to bring his team back. He's young but this team's heading in the wrong direction and I don't see this guy having what it takes to hold them together. 
    He may have jumped up north to play a game but he always went back to sunny Cal where he's from, went to high school, went to college... 

Ryan will be the scape goat at the end of the season.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Blaming it on the weather is loser talk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

welll people seem to forget  that sanchez is a rookie, well  he played likea rookie on sunday

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Jets are who we thought they were : And it took a coin flip to beat us last week. Your point is?
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

First of all, a coin-flip didn't beat the Pats last week.

It wasn't a coin-flip that held the Pats scoreless in the second half.

So there's that.

But to answer your question, my point is that this game is all about matchups and preparation. Any team can beat any other team under the right circumstances. The Pats were more than fortunate to beat the Bills in week one. The guy who said the difference between that game and yesterday's Jests-Bills tilt is that Green New Jersey didn't take advantage of the Bills being . . .   well . . .

the Bills . . .  was spot on.

But those who believe that Green New Jersey is a bottom-feeder because it couldn't bury the stake when it should have at home against Beefalo should get together with the people who think the Pats have turned their season around because they pounded a winless team and have a big delusion party.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Jets are who we thought they were : Sanchez has played up in Washington and Oregon where it gets very cold. He is just still a rookie. If Jenkins is out for any length of time that will hurt the Jets Defense big time.
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

Not true. It doesn't get very cold along the coast. He has never taken the field for a game or practice in below 50 degrees so how can you say that? That includes high school too.

Interesting that the only sports writer who expressed doubts about him when everyone else was singing his praises was Bill Plaschke ofthe LA Times. He has followed Sanchez his entire career starting in high school.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I think the Jet's are still headed in the right direction.  It's just that now there is a track record on Sanchez and teams are beginning to scheme him. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Agree with Yapple on this one blaming it on the weather is loser talk. And yes we will crush them in the rematch...which for them will be Super Bowl II....