The Jets look awful

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Re: The Jets look awful

Personally I thought Clemmons looked a lot better than Sanchez. He just seems more prepared and confident than Sanchez. I really would love to see Ryan choose Sanchez as the starting quarterback; and I feel he will probably do it because this is what the fans and NY media want. If he does the opposite and goes with Clemmons, I think I would respect the guy more. 

I think Sanchez will get destroyed if he is chosen as the starter. Belicheck has a ridiculous record against rookie quarterbacks as well. They will totally confuse him.

I thought the Jets Defense looked upgraded over last year. I will say that seemed to blitz on almost every down. It would be very interesting to see if Ryan would try to employ a scheme to blitz Brady constantly. I know his father's famous 46 Bears defense had large element of this.

They did look awful early, but improved as the game went on. Lets hope as Pats fans that Sanchez is chosen as the starter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from superflygraham69. Show superflygraham69's posts

THE JETS JUST PLAN OLE STINK!!!!!!!!!!  THE LAST TIME THE JETS WHERE A GREAT TEAM, CHARLES MANSON WAS A FREE MAN.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fargo. Show Fargo's posts

Sonieboy:  Your Jets s*ck.  Just accept it and move on.  And your coach is an fat bag of sh*t.  Okay, bunky?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from superflygraham69. Show superflygraham69's posts

REX RYAN LOOKS LIKE RALPH KRAMDEN!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Rex is just like his dad is a large fat floundering blow hard who actually hit one of his fellow coaches on the sideline one game, the only difference of course was that Buddy Ryan was a talented defensive coordinator... in Baltimore Brian Billick was the architect of that D and Ozzie Newsome assembled the talent; Rex inherited one of the best D's in the league, he didn't build it from scratch.

Truly nepotism runs the world... or he would be working in a garage somewhere with his a ss crack hanging out and overcharging housewives for work on their SUV's.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

wozzy that is not even correct on any level. Brian Billick is an offensive coach not a defensive coach and he deserves no credit for the defense at all. That team went through DC's like nobody else and the D kept on being good. They fired Billick and they were still a good D. The D is good because of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and that is that. Ozzie Newsome gets teh credit for keeping that D strong not Brian Billick. Rex Ryan is a good coach but he wont be able to out coach a guy like Belichick its just not going to happen. Heck he cant even out coach the phins or the bills. He has always been a coach I liked but he just wont get it done in this div.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Frankly, I never understood what the fascination was with Sanchez, and I think Green New Jersey may have occasion to repent in leisure their decision to trade so far up to draft him in haste. This year's quarterback draft was admittedly weak and Sanchez' body of work was woefully limited. He essentially solidified his draft position on the strength of a choreographed pro day with all his own guys around him. This is not to say that Sanchez could not one day develop into an actual NFL quarterback, but the Favre experiment set that team back and they were'nt going anywhere this season anyway. Suffering the inevitable wash-out season with K.C. at (or Danny's nephew) at quarterback could have lined Green New Jersey up to draft an actual solid prospect in next year's draft.

As for coach Yap-a-lot, I liked the comment from the guy who said he built his reputation on his father's name. I think maybe having Ray Lewis and Ed Reed to coach didn't hurt. It remains to be seen what Ryan the Younger can accomplish on his own merits, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Green New Jersey win a few (a couple? one?) defensive struggles this year. But the early evidence suggests that this team is going in the wrong direction -- which is good news for fans like me, who enjoy nothing so much as a 30-point win over the Jests (unless of course, it's a 35-point win over Miami).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: The Jets look awful:
    [QUOTE]wozzy that is not even correct on any level.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

The Raven's won their only superbowl, assembled and cultivated all this defensive talent under Billick and Newsome.  Jerry Jones might have been able to squeeze another championship out of the Cowboys after Jimmy left with Barry Switzer but Jimmy was the reason they won not Barry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Brian Billick had nothing to do with the defense on that team. He was brought in to fix teh offense which he never did. Ozzie Newsome gets all the credit and Billick gets.....fired like he was for being a bad head coach.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Brian Billick had nothing to do with the defense on that team. He was brought in to fix teh offense which he never did. Ozzie Newsome gets all the credit and Billick gets.....fired like he was for being a bad head coach.
    Wasn't Billick the head coach who drafted most of the defensive players on the superbowl team of 2000 except Ray lewis, who I think the old colts coach Tony M drafted the first year back in baltimore in 96. Like Billick or not you don't get lucky and win the superbowl. Unless you are the steelers and you get lucky enough to not play The Patriots in the play-offs twice to coast to a superbowl.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Ozzie Newsome drafted those players, he is the GM not Billick. I am sure he had a say but does he get all teh credit for that D? No f*cking way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Ozzie Newsome drafted those players, he is the GM not Billick. I am sure he had a say but does he get all teh credit for that D? No f*cking way.

I agree but I think Billick deserves more credit then Ryan. Its easy to use a 46 defense with that personel on board and as you said Newsome and Billick were responsible for the players brought in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to The Jets look awful:
    [QUOTE]I just saying.  Rex Ryan is so full of BS.   He only got the job because of his last name, and his dad wasn't even that good. It's going to be a long, long season for Jets fans.   It couldn't happen to a better bunch of db's.
    Posted by Ltown1[/QUOTE]

For a (new head) coach who has accomplished nothing in his new job to call out an established peer is kind of laughable. It appears the apple didn't fall far from the tree w/Ryan. He fits into the NY frame of mind perfectly. My guess he's trying to show his team he ain't scurred (sp) of Bill. 
    That deer in the headlights look on Sanchez's face is gonna be even more HI LAR IOU S when he faces a veteran team with a coach who knows what the hell he's doin'!
    Oops, almost forgot - that's assuming he wins the job from Clemens...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The fact is Ryan cant out coach Belichick and thats all that matters. And a rookie QB will not beat a Bill Belichick team....ever

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

[QUOTE]The fact is Ryan cant out coach Belichick and thats all that matters. And a rookie QB will not beat a Bill Belichick team....ever

This is a BOLD statement...do you mean EVER or EVER AGAIN...because if you mean EVER then I would like to make a wager.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]I have not seen anyone look as awful as Rex in a long time.  The guy must have swallowed a Volkswagen Beetle whole.  That car must have tasted swagger-licious.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for being late - I just read this. Paul, this is hilarious. I busted a gut laughing. A Beetle whole. Have you seen him try to run? Too funny.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

I don't no, they looked good 2 me, U guys smoking crack, were gona have a tuff time beating them and we better hope Brady's back 2 100% himself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Mr. USC didn't look that bad, he threw a nice TD 2 leon, not bad 4 a rookie. All U guys better hope the D puts a lot of pressure on this kid cause he looks like he can make plays. The Mother F er is brimming with confidence, U can see it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Wouldnt it be funny if Mangini was actually a football super genius and the Jets were actually 5 games/year worse than what their record said?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Jets look awful : This is a BOLD statement...do you mean EVER or EVER AGAIN...because if you mean EVER then I would like to make a wager.
    Posted by RETROP[/QUOTE]

I'll take that bet.  I'll even give you odds.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

[QUOTE]Mr. USC didn't look that bad, he threw a nice TD 2 leon, not bad 4 a rookie. All U guys better hope the D puts a lot of pressure on this kid cause he looks like he can make plays. The Mother F er is brimming with confidence, U can see it.
    Posted by ZigZig[/QUOTE]

He looked terrible.  He looked like a little boy out there. 

He didn't look confident to me at all. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I want some of what zigzig is putting in his zig zags if he thinks Green New Jersey is going anywhere but down this season.