The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pilillo. Show pilillo's posts

The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL

anyone agree? they have barely won their last 2 out of 3 games. Pass interference call vs denver, now the lions, idk jets are getting exposed. theyre not as good as i thought

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL

You gotta be lucky to be good. The Pats had some luck in their 6 wins, but I'm not complaining.

It suck$, definitely. Having the division would've been nice, but all you can do now is bounce back and beat Pittsburgh. The Jets will lose theirs, we just need to take care of ours.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL:
    [QUOTE]anyone agree? they have barely won their last 2 out of 3 games. Pass interference call vs denver, now the lions, idk jets are getting exposed. theyre not as good as i thought
    Posted by pilillo[/QUOTE]

no they just played the lions. bad teams find ways to lose

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]anyone agree? they have barely won their last 2 out of 3 games. Pass interference call vs denver, now the lions, idk jets are getting exposed. theyre not as good as i thought
    Neither are the Patsies.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL : no they just played the lions. bad teams find ways to lose
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]
    According to most of the posts last week, the Brownies are a bad team. What does that say about the Patsies?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL : Except the Browns.  I guess that makes them good.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

browns have played alot of tough teams this year very close, and they were coming off a bye

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Vertigho is right.

Good teams win even when they don't play well, and "luck" is often the residue of design.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Great defense with luck... thats a good formula.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]Vertigho is right. Good teams win even when they don't play well, and "luck" is often the residue of design.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I hear ya' p-mike - no such thing as luck in the NFL - Sanchez and the Jets came through in the clutch, won the toss in OT and put the game away.  Great win by a team that didn't give up as the Pats seemed to do.  Of course, we'll have to listen to a week's worth of BS from the Jets faithful, and what's worse, we'll have to eat the BS - but gotta give credit where credit is due - the Jets overcame almost four quarters of mediocre play and eked out a victory.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

There's luck in the NFL. If Stafford and the Lions' kicker don't get hurt in that game it's completely different. If the Lions ran for it on third down it would have changed the game. The Jets are lucky those players got hurt and the Lions' coaching is terrible.

Every team gets lucky. Sometimes it's bad calls, etc. You can't say luck doesn't exist. It's like the game the Lions should have won this year, but they ruled Calvin Johnson's catch incomplete. If that isn't luck for the other team I don't know what is.

The Jets got lucky they played like crap for most of the game, faced an incompetent team that can't close games, and two of the Lions' most important players got hurt.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Browns were first lucky that Denver wanted to trade away a perfectly good bell cow running back for little value.

Then they were lucky that Colt McCoy turned out to be the real (er,,) after dropping all the way to the third round.  In all fairness to the draftnicks the guy is short and he had a dink-and-dunk of an arm on draft day, but arms get stronger and the guy really works at his game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

That was an obvious hit out of bounds.   Would have made little difference anyway since Folk would have knocked it thru from 50 if necessary.  Jets defense are bad as ses and they keep every game close enough for Sanchez to have a shot at the win. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]There's luck in the NFL. If Stafford and the Lions' kicker don't get hurt in that game it's completely different. If the Lions ran for it on third down it would have changed the game. The Jets are lucky those players got hurt and the Lions' coaching is terrible. Every team gets lucky. Sometimes it's bad calls, etc. You can't say luck doesn't exist. It's like the game the Lions should have won this year, but they ruled Calvin Johnson's catch incomplete. If that isn't luck for the other team I don't know what is. The Jets got lucky they played like crap for most of the game, faced an incompetent team that can't close games, and two of the Lions' most important players got hurt.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]
    The Brownies were using their 5th QB in the last 9 games. How do your Patsies lose to them? Notice Crusty's on vacation. Usually is when his team loses.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Jets must be the luckiest team in the NFL : Absolutely!  If the Jets don't crush the QB and kicker, they don't get hurt.  If Holmes doesn't make that catch in OT... If the Patriots don't give up 34 points... 
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]
    I'm not talking about the Patriots at all here, so there's no point in bringing it up. The point I'm making is that there is such a thing as luck in the NFL and the Jets had some of that today.

The Jets are lucky those players got hurt on those plays. They could have gotten right back up but those guys were unlucky and something popped inside them. Still, they are lucky to have played badly against a crappy opponent that gave them the loss. If they played like that against a good team they would have lost.

Everyone benefits from luck in the NFL (except the Bills), this was the Jets' week.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pilillo. Show pilillo's posts

Watching the Browns game, I will bump this topic. because title says it all

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pilillo. Show pilillo's posts

yupp I stand with what i said =)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

It's better they are hot now then hot going into the playoffs. There's plenty of time left for them to get cold and implode.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]There's luck in the NFL. If Stafford and the Lions' kicker don't get hurt in that game it's completely different. If the Lions ran for it on third down it would have changed the game. The Jets are lucky those players got hurt and the Lions' coaching is terrible. Every team gets lucky. Sometimes it's bad calls, etc. You can't say luck doesn't exist. It's like the game the Lions should have won this year, but they ruled Calvin Johnson's catch incomplete. If that isn't luck for the other team I don't know what is. The Jets got lucky they played like crap for most of the game, faced an incompetent team that can't close games, and two of the Lions' most important players got hurt.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

Don't agree completely; they had a brilliant 19 play drive (and Sanchez was excellent all Game, even after getting hurt) in the 3rd Q  and got Zilch because their FG K Suked today; he missed 3, 1 in OT; one could argue the game should have been out of reach at the end of Regulation if it wasn't for him.