The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

Jets safeties plan to get physical with tight ends

Yeremiah BellAP

When it comes to the use of tight ends in the passing game, the Patriots are at the front of the curve.  The Jets safeties hope to change that.  Violently.

“We’re just not going to let guys run down the field,” safety Yeremiah Bell said Tuesday, per Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com.  “That’s one thing we’re not going to do.  We’re going to get our hands on them early and beat them up a little bit and make them earn that catch.”

Bell also had a more specific warning for the tight ends they’ll face.

“When you come over the middle, and you have me and LaRon sitting there, that’s something to think about,” Bell said. “So, yeah, we’re going to give guys something to think about.”

The goal is to disrupt the rhythm between quarterback and tight end.

“The big thing in this league is timing,” Bell said. “If he has to take two extra steps to get around us, that’s one extra second the quarterback has to [look] off him.  [Tom] Brady can’t key on him the whole time.  We’re going to get our hands on him and rough him up a little bit.  We’re going to come after them.”

That’s fine.  But there are now significant limits on the manner in which safeties can come after tight ends and other receivers.  Consider this quote from Bucs defensive back Ronde Barber, which appeared in Peter King’s most recent Monday Morning Quarterback column, regarding Tampa’s longstanding Cover 2 defense:  ”Our theory was all these guys got to the ball and intimidation was a physical act.  It was, ‘Get guys to run through zones.  We’ll shoot our guns and separate them from the ball.’  The rules will definitely affect it. . . .  I know we don’t play cover-two now the way we used to.”

So Bell and Landry need to keep that in mind.  Or they’ll be making plenty of donations to the league’s favorite charities.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

This worries me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm just glad people on our team don't talk like these morons. There are times I wish the Patriots were more open with stuff (perhaps cut loose once in a while), and then I read stuff like this from a safety that has done nothing in the NFL...on a team that has won nothing...and it just makes me laugh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, if the safties are busy with the tight ends, I guess its single coverage on Lloyd and whoever.  Plus, replacement safties after these two clowns get their heads knocked off their bodies.  So, all good.  Typical Jest plan, 5 or 6 plays of success, followed by the rest of the season of failure.  But they will crow about those 5 or 6 plays for the rest of the year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He has a long and difficult road ahead of him

Tim Tebow balancing faith, fame and football with Jets

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!):
    [QUOTE]This worries me! http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8267717/chad-pennington-visits-new-york-jets-tutor-mark-sanchez-tim-tebow
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?   Pennington have been one of the most over-rated QB in the league.  When he was hurt and could nt play for the rest of the season for the Miami Dolphins, and he was trying to help Chad Henne.  Chad Henne became the worst Dolphins QB ever!!!    

Quit worry about what the Jets are doing.  They got no chance to go pass the Buffalo Bills this year!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

No they brought tebow to mentor sanchize.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]Well, if the safties are busy with the tight ends, I guess its single coverage on Lloyd and whoever.  Plus, replacement safties after these two clowns get their heads knocked off their bodies.  So, all good.  Typical Jest plan, 5 or 6 plays of success, followed by the rest of the season of failure.  But they will crow about those 5 or 6 plays for the rest of the year.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I have this vision of Jets safeties 'getting physical' with guys the size of Gronk and Hernandez. It makes me laugh. The only physical they'll be capable of is holding. Besides if Brady has time it won't matter if they're held up for a second.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]No they brought tebow to mentor sanchize.
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]

Tebow was brought in for profit. He's responsible for a lot of gear sales and will fill seats. Could he be an issue for defenses inside the 10 yard line? Yes. But the Jets have to get close enough to the goal line for the Tebow/wildcat to have an effect. Tebow can't help that problem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to The Jets......(A thread of laughs!):
    [QUOTE]Jets safeties plan to get physical with tight ends Posted by Mike Florio on August 14, 2012, 9:58 PM EDT AP When it comes to the use of tight ends in the passing game, the Patriots are at the front of the curve.  The Jets safeties hope to change that.  Violently. “We’re just  not going to let guys run down the field ,” safety  Yeremiah Bell  said Tuesday, per Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com.  “That’s one thing we’re not going to do.  We’re going to get our hands on them early and beat them up a little bit and make them earn that catch.” Bell also had a more specific warning for the tight ends they’ll face. “When you come over the middle, and you have me and LaRon sitting there, that’s something to think about,” Bell said. “So, yeah, we’re going to give guys something to think about.” The goal is to disrupt the rhythm between quarterback and tight end. “The big thing in this league is timing,” Bell said. “If he has to take two extra steps to get around us, that’s one extra second the quarterback has to [look] off him.  [Tom] Brady can’t key on him the whole time.  We’re going to get our hands on him and rough him up a little bit.  We’re going to come after them.” That’s fine.  But there are now significant limits on the manner in which safeties can come after tight ends and other receivers.  Consider this quote from Bucs defensive back  Ronde Barber , which appeared in Peter King’s most recent  Monday Morning Quarterback  column, regarding Tampa’s longstanding Cover 2 defense:  ”Our theory was all these guys got to the ball and intimidation was a physical act.  It was, ‘Get guys to run through zones.  We’ll shoot our guns and separate them from the ball.’  The rules will definitely affect it. . . .  I know  we don’t play cover-two now the way we used to .” So Bell and Landry need to keep that in mind.  Or they’ll be making plenty of donations to the league’s favorite charities.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

If tough talking won SBs, the Jets would have a dynasty...LOL!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Jets......(A thread of laughs!) :      If tough talking won SBs, the Jets would have a dynasty...LOL!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

good one :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Not Jets related but Patriots related:

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Rumack: Mr. Striker, the passengers are getting worse. You must land soon.Ted Striker: Surely there must be something you can do.
    Rumack:
     I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley. 

Don't forget... Now Mangione... blow up the auto pilot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

(Jets beat writer for the NY daily news)

Rex Ryan says it's a given that the Jets will have a Top 5 defense this season. Won't guarantee top spot just yet. Commends other defenses

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/15/eli-manning-jets-sanchez-will-be-a-good-quarterback-for-a-long-time/

Eli Manning Goes Long On Sanchez’s Future, Says Jets QB Has Plenty Of ‘Upside’

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I just think it's funny that Bell believes they can get physical on Gronk.

Good luck with that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I was thinking top 3!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Isn't it funny that our resident jets troll hasn't jumped on this thread to defend his team. Instead he's spending all of his time defending Babe.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]I was thinking top 3! http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/08/jets-linebacker-bart-scott-expects-mark-sanchez-to-be-one-of-the-top-10-quarterbacks-in Jets linebacker Bart Scott expects Mark Sanchez to be 'one of the Top 10 quarterbacks in the league' this season
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

We never heard that before have we. It's filed next to the 'Jets will win the SB' predictions.

I will give Sanchez one thing. He MAY have developed into a decent NFL QB had he not had a buffoon for a head coach. I'll have to thank Rex. One rarely gets to use the word buffoon in a sentence but it's almost like the word was made just for Rex.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

It seems I'm being stalked by our internet tough guy Jets fan. He ignored this thread until I posted. Not that I'm worried. First of all I doubt his tricycle could make it up to Syracuse from NYC and second he's only a tough guy while hiding on the net.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/14225/rex-report-coach-compares-coples-to-jpp?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Rex report: Coach compares Rookie Quinton Coples to Jason Pierre-Paul

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/14225/rex-report-coach-compares-coples-to-jpp?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter Rex report: Coach compares Rookie Quinton Coples to Jason Pierre-Paul
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Someday NYC/NJ might realize what the rest of the world already knows. Nothing that comes out of Rex's mouth is worth paying attention to.

The more interesting quote in the story is the one that looks like he's starting to lean toward Tebow. Once again Rex is doing his best to ruin the confidence of his supposed 'new contract starting QB'. Even better he's hallucinating that Tebow will somehow do better against a defense with a strong pass rush. I guess he missed the Denver playoff game against us when our guys cleaned Tebows clock every time he carried the ball across the line.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

Patriots' Super Bowl confetti used to celebrate 4th of July

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]Patriots' Super Bowl confetti used to celebrate 4th of July
    Posted by CoolPat[/QUOTE]

And this has what to do with the jets being a joke. Is this another pathetic attempt by a Jets fan to morph into a Giants fan? If it is I hope you realize that if there are any NFL fans that laugh at the Jets more than Pats fans its Giants fans.