The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

"Mark Sanchez went 6-of-11 with three interceptions in Jets OTAs Wednesday.

One pass was picked off by UDFA DT Damon "Big Snacks" Harrison. Geno Smith wasn't much better, going 4-of-10 with a pick of his own. Coach Rex Ryan called Sanchez's display "unacceptable." The Jets' QB competition is going to get worse before it gets better"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

One pass was picked off by UDFA DT Damon "Big Snacks" Harrison. Geno Smith wasn't much better, going 4-of-10 with a pick of his own. Coach Rex Ryan called Sanchez's display "unacceptable." The Jets' QB competition is going to get worse before it gets better"

"Blasphemous.  Sanchez is a phenomenal QB.  He CLEARLY is a better QB than Brady considering he OUTPLAYED Brady in the playoffs.  I don't care if it was 3 long years ago that my team was considered to have an iota of relevancy.  You patsies fans just continue to ignore facts.  Sanchez put the team on his back to a tune of back-to-back 'Final Fours' for christ's sake!"

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

Sanchez's career qb rating of 71.7 combined with his two "final 4" appearances should easily get him into the HOF as well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

That's okay, they've got Mr. Three-of-Ten-with-One-Interception Smith ready to step right up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

James WalkerJames Walker @JamesWalkerESPN

QB Mark Sanchez on whether he agrees with Joe Namath that he will have a bounce-back year: "Of course....I feel like this coaching staff is really going to get the best out of me."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

LOL this thread jsut keeps giving and giving with no sign of an end in site!!

Mark Sanchez picked off 3 times in practice, Rex Ryan calls it ‘unacceptable’

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I know he is not a Jet anymore but......

Chuck Norris on Tim Tebow: He reminds me of myself Posted

by Michael David Smith on May 23, 2013, 8:59 AM EDT Premiere Of Lionsgate Films' "The Expendables 2" - Red CarpetGetty Images

Tim Tebow doesn’t sleep. He waits.

Tim Tebow has counted to infinity. Twice.

When Tim Tebow does pushups, he isn’t lifting himself. He’s pushing the earth down.

Yes, we can now take Chuck Norris Facts and turn them into Tim Tebow Facts, because the man himself, Chuck Norris, has given Tebow his seal of approval. Norris wrote a column in which he decried Tebow’s current unemployment and said that Tebow is a lot like Norris himself.

“Tebow is a player who rises to the occasion and delivers big in critical game moments,” Norris wrote. “He reminds me of myself when I used to compete in martial arts. I would spar with my black belts in class, and sometimes they would outscore me. Yet in the tournaments, I would defeat them. My students used to ask me, ‘Why can we contend equally against you in class, but we can’t beat you in the tournaments?’ My answer was always the same, ‘When it counts, I rise to the occasion.’ The same is true of the former Heisman Trophy winner: When pressure mounts and the game is on the line, Tim’s turbo turns on!”

Truthfully, Norris should probably stick with the roundhouse kicks and leave the football analysis to others, because his analysis of Tebow leaves a lot to be desired. If it’s true that when it counts, Tebow (like Norris) rises to the occasion, how are we to explain Tebow’s last game as a starter? That was in the playoffs following the 2011 season, and Tebow went 9-for-26 for 136 yards as the Broncos lost to the Patriots, 45-10.

Norris refers to Tebow as the “ultimate clutch player,” but this NFL season, Tebow is probably going to be missing in action.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

LOL this thread jsut keeps giving and giving with no sign of an end in site!!

Mark Sanchez picked off 3 times in practice, Rex Ryan calls it ‘unacceptable’

Not just three interceptions in practice...but three interceptions in just 15 snaps...including one by a DT: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/sanchez-practicing-ints-jets-otas-article-1.1352326

Yikes!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Here's more laughs, from the thread that keeps on giving:  

After arrest, questions raised about why Jets signed Mike Goodson Posted by Michael David Smith on May 25, 2013, 6:58 AM EDT Mike GoodsonAP

In four NFL seasons, Mike Goodson has totaled 160 carries for 722 yards and three touchdowns, with seven fumbles. Those aren’t exactly the kinds of numbers that would seem to justify the three-year, $6.9 million contract the Jets gave him this offseason.

And that’s before we get into his off-field problems.

Goodson was arrested last week on drug and weapons charges, and that kind of issue arising apparently came as no surprise from NFL people who knew Goodson’s background. ESPNNewYork.com quotes a scout from another team saying of the Jets, “Do these guys do background checks?” The Jets say they do, in fact, investigate players before signing them, although they declined to comment specifically on Goodson's past. 

That past, according to ESPN, includes a slew of lawsuits over everything from child support to repeated failure to pay his rent to refusing to pay the bill after buying jewelry on credit to skipping car payments.

Goodson has been sued by three different women for child support for a total of six children he fathered with them. He also didn’t pay a $56,465 bill at a jewelry store, and after the store sued him, the amount he owed was garnished from his Raiders paychecks. And when Goodson was playing for the Panthers, he failed to pay his rent so often that he was sued for it three times and received two eviction notices. Goodson was also sued by a man who sold him a $49,000 Mercedes and said Goodson didn’t make the payments.

So either the Jets knew all that about Goodson and wanted him anyway, or they signed him without fully exploring his background. It’s tough to say which would be worse: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/25/after-arrest-questions-raised-about-why-jets-signed-mike-goodson/

LOL!!!!!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The Best from Faust:

Photo: The NY Jets have a crazy idea to increase ticket sales...

Rex Ryan foot fetish

Rex Ryan foot fetish

Thanks again, Faust!! LOL!!!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-05-25/mike-goodson-jets-running-back-legal-problems-drug-weapons-arrest-charge

New York Jets running back Mike Goodson has had a litany of other legal problems beyond his recent arrest on drug and weapons charges in New Jersey, ESPN.com reported.

The ESPN.com investigation into Goodson didn't uncover any other arrests, but it found a lengthy list of incidents that led to other legal action against him during his stops in Carolina and Oakland. Goodson, 26, signed a three-year, $6.9 million contract (including a $1 million signing bonus) with the Jets as a free agent in March.

According to the ESPN.com report, Mike Goodson has been sued for paternity and child support by three women, with whom he has fathered at least six children. (AP Photo)

The ESPN report said he was sued for paternity and child support by three women from August 2010 to May 2011, according to court documents in North Carolina and in Texas, where he grew up. He is the father of at least six children with those women, one of whom he lived with for two years, according to ESPN.com.

The ESPN report said one of the women is planning to refile a paternity suit in the next week.

According to court documents, Goodson didn’t pay a $56,465 bill to a Houston-area jewelry store. The store sued him, and he ended up paying $84,423.44. The amount was garnished from his Raiders paychecks, according to ESPN.

In Carolina, Goodson was sued three times by two apartment complexes in the Charlotte area for unpaid rent.

In April 2012, he was sued for failing to make payments on a $49,000 Mercedes-Benz he bought from a South Carolina man.

After news of Goodson's arrest broke, the ESPN.com story reported an unnamed scout from another team posed this question about the Jets: "Do these guys do background checks?"

Goodson missed the Jets' first three OTA practices this week after being arrested May 17 on multiple charges of drug and weapons possession. He offered a plea of not guilty to all charges Wednesday in Morris County Superior Court in Morristown, N.J. Despite the legal problems, he is expected to return to the field for practice beginning Tuesday.

He was charged after he and a companion were found in an SUV stopped in the center-left lane of westbound Route 80 in Denville, N.J., on May 17, shortly after 3 a.m. Goodson faces charges of possession of marijuana (under 50 grams), unlawful possession of a handgun, possession of a loaded handgun, possession of hollow-point ammunition and possession of drug paraphernalia.

One addition to this story:  Goodson has been missing voluntary team activities due to his bust, and he's also going to have to miss the second day of minicamp due to his court date.

25. This post has been removed.