The Krafty one is starting to get reflective

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: The Krafty one is starting to get reflective

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

I agree with Kraft on BB.  The cap is the reason. He's also the best GM ever for the same reasons.

Brady, I can't put him above Montana. I wanted to do it twice in SB 42 and 46, but without winning 1 of those by playing better in them, he's not the best ever. Yet.

I don't ever recall Montana having to try to win a Super Bowl with a defense that has been as porous as ours the last three years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I agree with Kraft on BB.  The cap is the reason. He's also the best GM ever for the same reasons.

Brady, I can't put him above Montana. I wanted to do it twice in SB 42 and 46, but without winning 1 of those by playing better in them, he's not the best ever. Yet.

I don't ever recall Montana having to try to win a Super Bowl with a defense that has been as porous as ours the last three years.

Montana had what he had.  He won his games. Hardto argue he's not the best ever. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I wonder why no mention of Mayo being the greatest LB ever?  Heck, the guy averages 80 tackle assists a year.  That's got to be a record of some type.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Montana had what he had.  He won his games. Hardto argue he's not the best ever. 

Put Montana's career numbers up against Brady's and I think there is an argument. Brady won three...Montana won four. Brady has gotten to five of them and if he had something that resembled a Super Bowl defense in that last one...he would have four as well.

I'm saying it is debatable. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Put Montana's career numbers up against Brady's and I think there is an argument. Brady won three...Montana won four. Brady has gotten to five of them and if he had something that resembled a Super Bowl defense in that last one...he would have four as well.

The D allowed 13 measly points waiting for the offense to just get a FG and not turn it over. Brady threw an awful INT and they never got just a FG.

There is no way around it. The D played closer to its ceiling by a mile as opposed to the offense. You can't blame that fact on the D.

We lost to the Giants 13 to 10? Hmm...historically speaking everyone around the world thinks the Giants scored 21 points. Seeing how you don't even know what round your favorite new tackle was drafted in...why don't we start with something simple? The patriots lost super bowl 46, 21 to 17. 

And if we won that game Brady wins the MVP hands down..no one is even close. The guy was under pressure that entire game and had the longest scoring drive in Super Bowl history going something like 7 for 7 during it. You lose, thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

hmmm u forgot Tom Brady and that awful division again- just like always

once Brady hangs them up and the AFC Easy goes form awful to good (well...) then we will see how great a GM Bellichick is and how Kraft's "budget" really works

but I will say-as I also always do-that BB learned what Parcells and Young taught him exceptionally well

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

The D allowed 13 measly points waiting for the offense to just get a FG and not turn it over. Brady threw an awful INT and they never got just a FG.

There is no way around it. The D played closer to its ceiling by a mile as opposed to the offense. You can't blame that fact on the D.

We lost to the Giants 13 to 10? Hmm...historically speaking everyone around the world thinks the Giants scored 21 points. Seeing how you don't even know what round your favorite new tackle was drafted in...why don't we start with something simple? The patriots lost super bowl 46, 21 to 17. 

And if we won that game Brady wins the MVP hands down..no one is even close. The guy was under pressure that entire game and had the longest scoring drive in Super Bowl history going something like 7 for 7 during it. You lose, thanks.

No, we lost 17-14 and 21-17.  Each time our offense underperformed.

His 4th qtr was atrocious in SB 46.  The INT to Gronk is literally the worst INT of his career and one the game before on the Slater end zone ball was the worst just prior to that.

Everyone in the room said the same thing "Just turn it over". Whamo, Brady does it on 1st down.

UGH

Again, I can live with it becasue if HE is the reason for these collapses late in games with a shotgun spread, it has to change.

Bye, bye Welkie, hello more balanced offense and a possible SB title.

PS I have no idea why you keep saying I don't know when Cannon was drafted, troll. That one is getting annoying. 

one day you will eventually give some credit to the opposing D's, especially the Ravens and Giants-but then that would blow ur whole agenda so u won't

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Back in the mid 80s to mid 90s the NFC was mush better than the AFC.  The real SB was the NFC championship game and Montana lost a few of those.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:

Back in the mid 80s to mid 90s the NFC was mush better than the AFC.  The real SB was the NFC championship game and Montana lost a few of those.

Thank you!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Sure it's debatable but Brady didn't win 2. I watched the sb in Ireland last year.  There was a rabid sf fn there.  He agreed that if Brady drove down the field and won the game he would be the best ever.  But we know the rest of the story. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:

Well, by that argument, you could also make the case that Montana makes more Super Bowls if he was in the weaker conference...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

His 4th qtr was atrocious in SB 46.  The INT to Gronk is literally the worst INT of his career and one the game before on the Slater end zone ball was the worst just prior to that.

Everyone in the room said the same thing "Just turn it over". Whamo, Brady does it on 1st down.

UGH

Again, I can live with it becasue if HE is the reason for these collapses late in games with a shotgun spread, it has to change.

PS I have no idea why you keep saying I don't know when Cannon was drafted, troll. That one is getting annoying. 

one day you will eventually give some credit to the opposing D's, especially the Ravens and Giants-but then that would blow ur whole agenda so u won't

42 and 46, as a Giant's fan did you worry about the Patriot's defense in Super Bowl 46? Did you worry about our pass rush, or our pass coverage? Personally the only thing I'd worry about if I was Giant's fan heading into that game would be Tom Brady...that's it. I wouldn't worry about a pedestrian rushing attack or our defense. It would be Tom and that's all.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I wonder why no mention of Mayo being the greatest LB ever?  Heck, the guy averages 80 tackle assists a year.  That's got to be a record of some type.

Lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Back in Montana's day the Super Bowl was the NFC title game against Dallas 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

hmmm u forgot Tom Brady and that awful division again- just like always

once Brady hangs them up and the AFC Easy goes form awful to good (well...) then we will see how great a GM Bellichick is and how Kraft's "budget" really works

but I will say-as I also always do-that BB learned what Parcells and Young taught him exceptionally well

Keep spouting those fallacies.

DIVISION RECORDS FOR THE DECADE (2000-2009)
    DIV                W        L        PCT
    AFC SOUTH     331     277     .544
    NFC EAST        343     296     .537
    AFC EAST        337     303     .527
    AFC NORTH     320     318     .502
    NFC SOUTH     316     323     .495
    AFC WEST       310     330     .484
    NFC NORTH     302     338     .472
    NFC WEST       283     357     .442

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

UGH

42 and 46, as a Giant's fan did you worry about the Patriot's defense in Super Bowl 46? Did you worry about our pass rush, or our pass coverage? Personally the only thing I'd worry about if I was Giant's fan heading into that game would be Tom Brady...that's it. I wouldn't worry about a pedestrian rushing attack or our defense. It would be Tom and that's all.

He should have because in the regular season meeting the Pats D pitched a shutout in the first half.

The only reason NY came back late is because Chung and Spikes got hurt.

The fact is, the Pats 2011 D was nowhere near as bad as the media claimed. It's morons like you that gobble up that Tony Mazz-speak like it's gospel.

The D improved through the year and played quite well in the postseason. The lockout meant no training camp, which obviously hurt any of the younger Ds in the 2011 season.

You really are a joke.

If this were any one other than BB's D we are talking about here you'd be bashing them left and right.  In fact, you've done it.  You've bashed almost every D in the league including the top ranked ones and others that ranked well ahead of BB's babies.

Zero 3 & outs, 5 minutes on every possession, no picks, stupid penalties, zero rz stops and giving up the game winning drive over and over and over, are just not things I can see you applauding another teams D for.  Nope!  You are a fraud.

Either that, or a fan of another team that enjoys seeing the Pats lose because of their pitiful D, and bashes the QB who has carried that D for years.   Can't have it both ways!!!!!

The D was in every way as bad as the press or who ever says.  Look at the stats.  Look at the losses!  You don't rate in the bottom 2 for yards and 3rd down stops for no reason or because of media bias.

25. This post has been removed.