The Man Ben Jarvis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

The Man Ben Jarvis

Is 72 yards away from a 1000 yard season ... quitely getting the job done for the pats figured id give him a shout out for having a real solid season.... Cant forget woodhead ether with his 500s yards.  Two undrafted players making noise for the greatest organization in football.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Re: The Man Ben Jarvis

I don't understand it but the Pats have a legit running game for the first time in a long time. Lawfirm deserves a hats off for sure. I didn't think he was the answer to the running game but he proved to be the man. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

i would love to see benjarvis get just over a 1000 yards, just because maybe like 1010

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Yeah, and he's such a quite humble kid, class act!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

The best part about him is that he keeps getting better each week. I can't wait to see what he can do as a week one starter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I was surprised this kid went undrafted. He was a force in the SEC, which is the closest to the big leagues you can get in college football. He's a tough runner, and he does not "dance" behind the LOS like Maroney did. The yards after contact he gets is amazing. There's also the fact that he has not fumbled the ball, which is huge for a RB. Even though I've seen dozens of threads here about how BB has "lost it" as a talent evaluator, these young guys on this team are clear evidence that he's still the best in the business. BJGE is a diamond in the rough and should only get better. He should have no problem reaching the 1000 yard mark by the end of the Fins game. They haven't had a ground game this good since Corey Dillon back in 04. Who'd have thought the running game would be this good after Faulk was lost? This kid (and Woodhead, too) is a keeper!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I have noticed lately he has stop trying to run the last defender over. Now he is running away from or he makes a move to get by them. That has added to his yards and his over all game as a duel threat. He also has shown he has another gear when getting into the open. I never thought he could run away from DB's but he's doing it. It has been reported that Faulk has been helping with the RB's. Maybe thats what we are seeing on the field. Anywho Great job Benny!!!! 

On another note I hope Fred T. can give something more than he has shown. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: The Man Ben Jarvis:
    [QUOTE]I have noticed lately he has stop trying to run the last defender over. Now he is running away from or he makes a move to get by them. That has added to his yards and his over all game as a duel threat. He also has shown he has another gear when getting into the open. I never thought he could run away from DB's but he's doing it. It has been reported that Faulk has been helping with the RB's. Maybe thats what we are seeing on the field. Anywho Great job Benny!!!!  On another note I hope Fred T. can give something more than he has shown. 
    Posted by ohyes[/QUOTE]

I hope we never see what Fred has because that would probably mean someone is injured. Sammy Morris continues to be a special teams force and is a better receiver out of the backfield so he'll probably remain the #3 back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He seems faster--or maybe shiftier--to me, too. Once he gets through the line of scrimmage he makes a few quick moves and he's off.  I wonder if he's been working with Fred Taylor.  That's a lot how Taylor runs . . . in fact, maybe that's exactly why BB has kept Taylor around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

had to come back and add that Benny has great footwork in the back field also. Tivo and watch his feet he can dance . It's just not the stop and start dance. He's doing alot more than getting the ball and going through a hole.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I think some of his open field success has to do with how he's attacking the angles on the defensive back field.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]I was surprised this kid went undrafted. He was a force in the SEC, which is the closest to the big leagues you can get in college football. He's a tough runner, and he does not "dance" behind the LOS like Maroney did.... 

Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

NFL scouts are as wrong as they are right. Why was Marion Barber a 4th rounder when his teammate Maroney went in the first? Barber is ten times better than Maroney. Actually, BJGE reminds me a bit of Barber now that I think about it. Similar north/south running styles. Similar toughness. Similar hair.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Man Ben Jarvis : NFL scouts are as wrong as they are right. Why was Marion Barber a 4th rounder when his teammate Maroney went in the first? Barber is ten times better than Maroney. Actually, BJGE reminds me a bit of Barber now that I think about it. Similar north/south running styles. Similar toughness. Similar hair.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

It only proves once again that excelling in the college game doesn't always translate to success in the NFL. They may look similar but in reality they're worlds apart.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Man Ben Jarvis : It only proves once again that excelling in the college game doesn't always translate to success in the NFL. They may look similar but in reality they're worlds apart.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]
    In college FB, most DBs are not that fast. So if you have a 4.4 speed, you can pretty much outrun them, and pile up stats and thats what Maroney did. In NFL, game is much faster and the average spped of a CB is 4.4, so RBs have trouble translating into big league.