The Most Encouraging Loss Ive seen in Some time...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

The Most Encouraging Loss Ive seen in Some time...

Seriously. Maybe im getting old, but I just cant let a loss bring the rest of my day or week down.

Would you rather have a struggling offense early in the year that you know will get better, or have a high flying offense early on with a defense that gives up 48 points?

I'll take our position every day of the week. Im not bummed cuz I knew Cincy was legit esp. on Defense and I did not underate them. What I liked is that our D showed they can win a game. Did they? of course not, but how many times is this offense gonna score 6 points. Poor Playcalling by Joshy early on. He didnt get it going until it was too late. If they are playing man and pressing and blitzing up the middle, Where are the hot reads over the middle? They didnt drag the WR over the middle until that late Dobson play. Playcalling can Improve. Weve played without a TE for the 1st 5 weeks. Every other team that is playing well has a Good one, maybe 2. Hopefully Gronk returns vs the Saints.

Mayo had maybe his best game as a pro, IMO. If he plays like THAT every week, you wont see many "Mayo Sux" threads

Spikes had a Monster game as well and was  needed yesterday. Hightower was pulled early in favor Collins because of lack of effort. You guys still wanna drop Spikes? We have a good Crew. I hope they keep them together. DMC finally made a big play, but the offense squandered in the theme of the day. Hey, It happens. We are still 4-1, which many predicted, except a loss to ATL. WHo cares. 4-1 is 4-1.

All morning I heard the fruads on EEI gushing about Manning and him scoring 27 pts a game more than us....smh. They dont know football. I would rather have a lower scoring Offense with a very good D which we have. Gonna need some help on the D line but we will be ok.  It was a  boring game, no doubt. Afterwards, I got over it real quick. No way Brady was gonna lead them back in that timely Down pour! Get back to Work, gotta have a good week of practice. Put those Chins up!

Noone said it was gonna be easy. Im trying to positive. My one gripe though is...if we are gonna pay Logan 8mill/yr, the least he could do is show up against the better tackles. That run play that was stuffed on the goal line? The whole left side collapsed and the Bengals right side was IN the backfield. Brady is struggling with these new guys as it is, if his O-line doesnt help, its gonna look Ugly. We always bounce back. I would rather have the Saints coming after a loss anyway. D-line Depth? Kelly going down? yea time to trade for someone

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Re: The Most Encouraging Loss Ive seen in Some time...

In response to TripleOG's comment:

...Poor Playcalling by Joshy early on. He didnt get it going until it was too late. If they are playing man and pressing and blitzing up the middle, Where are the hot reads over the middle? They didnt drag the WR over the middle until that late Dobson play. Playcalling can Improve...

Shouldn't have come to this.  This guy has been a coordinator/coach for some time now.  There shouldn't be that much room for improvement.  He knows the system.  He helped build it!!  And all this running the ball on third and long this season has to stop.  He has to go!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Seriously. Maybe im getting old, but I just cant let a loss bring the rest of my day or week down.

Would you rather have a struggling offense early in the year that you know will get better, or have a high flying offense early on with a defense that gives up 48 points?

Good post summed up in the first two sentences.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Good post from you, Shizzles, even finally admitting why we have Logie at 8 million in a monsoon and refuse to get him angry with Bolden blowing through the line behind Develin and Hooman.

My main concern remains Brady.  I know you will explode with exclamation points and get all weird and angry, but he was why we lost. I just hope we botched the 1st and goal from the 1/2 yard line due to his poor throw to Amendola, for reasons other than him chasing that TD streak that Brees has.

Agree on McDaniels, but that's also Brady, too. Turn on Gresh and Zo right now. Gresh is talking about approach/philosophy right now.  Tune in.

I just hope that's not why they threw it, once to a Tackle.

Agree on Denver's D. The media is still refusing to talk about Denver's obvious awful D this morning. I've heard no talk of it.   

We will beat Denver and I don't fear them in the playoffs either. I think BB can debut his gameplan this week vs NOs which will be the one on defense he brings out for cocky Gomie and Co in November here. Can't wait.

Hightower has a hamstring injury. Please do not speculate.  Arrington is battling through one as well.   Hightower was not pulled for poor play at all. He was pulled due to the hamstring. Please read up on it.

Also, Kelly said he was good, postgame.  

Spikes had 8 tackles and an INT by halftime. Navarro Bowman had that for a game about 2 weeks ago and the media raved about him for a week. I am stunned how the media ignores the best D in the AFC. Imagine if our offense could move the ball to help them?

Please refrain from posting on this thread. There are plenty today. Please. I mean really? Like texpats, you are put it all on Tom? Now you are gonna blame Amendola not scoring on Brady because the pass was bad?? Oh My! Forget it. Im not doing this today. You guys have fun today. I refuse to get all worked up over a game with these agenda driven miserable people. ! Jeeez! JUST ONE DAY RUSTY! Give us ONE DAY< without your Brady Bashing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Good post from you, Shizzles, even finally admitting why we have Logie at 8 million in a monsoon and refuse to get him angry with Bolden blowing through the line behind Develin and Hooman.

My main concern remains Brady.  I know you will explode with exclamation points and get all weird and angry, but he was why we lost. I just hope we botched the 1st and goal from the 1/2 yard line due to his poor throw to Amendola, for reasons other than him chasing that TD streak that Brees has.

Agree on McDaniels, but that's also Brady, too. Turn on Gresh and Zo right now. Gresh is talking about approach/philosophy right now.  Tune in.

Agree on Denver's D. The media is still refusing to talk about Denver's obvious awful D this morning. I've heard no talk of it.   

We will beat Denver and I don't fear them in the playoffs either. I think BB can debut his gameplan this week vs NOs which will be the one on defense he brings out for cocky Gomie and Co in November here. Can't wait.

Hightower has a hamstring injury. Please do not speculate.  Arrington is battling through one as well.   Hightower was not pulled for poor play at all. He was pulled due to the hamstring. Please read up on it.

Spikes had 8 tackles and an INT by halftime. Navarro Bowman had that for a game about 2 weeks ago and the media raved about him for a week. I am stunned how the media ignores the best D in the AFC. Imagine if our offense could move the ball to help them?

Please refrain from posting on this thread. There are plenty today. Please. I mean really? Like texpats, you are put it all on Tom? Now you are gonna blame Amendola not scoring on Brady because the pass was bad?? Oh My! Forget it. Im not doing this today. You guys have fun today. I refuse to get all worked up over a game with these agenda driven miserable people. ! Jeeez! JUST ONE DAY RUSTY! Give us ONE DAY< without your Brady Bashing.

See, I knew it. You won't let me have my opinion. A dozen Pats fans called in after the game and questioned why weren't hammering the rock into the end zone there.  And yes, Amendola makes a great catch on another wild throw.

Put on 98.5

I talked to my uncles last night after the game like I do every (season tickets since 1978), and one asked the other what I asked about the TD streak. That was BEFORE we even spoke about the game.  So, that means more than 1 human on this planet are thinking like I am thinking. Stop acting like I am the only one.

"They invent reasons to bail out on their own running game.' - Andy Gresh on 98.5 30 seconds ago

If you want to get a good fan overview of the offense's problems in recent years, where we go huge chunks of the game not moving the ball or scoring points, please turn on 98.5 and learn something.

I saw it years ago even with Welkie here.   It's a serious, serious problem with what we have here and Brady/McDaniels being buddies.  BB may have to slap Brady again.

Oh gosh, here we go again> When did Brady get promoted to Head Coach? Do you lay ANY blame at ALL at the GUY WHO RUNS THE SHOW!!??? of course not. Dont talk to me about 98.5 and a bunch of drunk eediots like yourself calling in to rant. I know football buddy. You are the one struggling to learn basic concepts like Coaches coaching players. ...smh

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

In response to 347pg's comment:

...Poor Playcalling by Joshy early on. He didnt get it going until it was too late. If they are playing man and pressing and blitzing up the middle, Where are the hot reads over the middle? They didnt drag the WR over the middle until that late Dobson play. Playcalling can Improve...

Shouldn't have come to this.  This guy has been a coordinator/coach for some time now.  There shouldn't be that much room for improvement.  He knows the system.  He helped build it!!  And all this running the ball on third and long this season has to stop.  He has to go!

I used to blame O'Brien because it was convenient. Then, I realized it was Brady.  

McDaniels had a bag game yesterday, as did Brady.   Do you want to trade Brady mid season?

After 5 games, they're averaging 19 points per.  Don't want to "can" Brady.  I want someone who still has an imagination.  Josh is done.  O'B was too inconsistent.  Too up and down.  19 per won't hack it.  D can only do so much and they've been great this year.  TB needs to be let loose.  Seems to me Josh has a stranglehold on him, for whatever reason.  Play calling is the worst I've seen in a long time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Agree with you that the op is right on to sum up and dismiss this game for many of the reasons that are correctable and the main reason that isn't which would be a bad defense that pats don't have.  Hope you enjoyed that long sentence...

Sorry to keep bashing McDitz (had to resurrect his 2005-6 nickname finally) but your complaint about the toss to solder illustrates it perfectly... Its all about TIMING of play calls.

The tackle toss would have been perfect on 1st and 3 inches since the incompletion gives you 2nd and 3"...or  a touchdown.  On 2nd down after a run stuff, you're not fooling anybody , they're expecting the play action.

Time to go back to OC 101 class , and learn the art of doing the unexpected...  Joshy mcDitz .  I think they show movies of Charlie Weis coaching Brady and calling his plays back in the day.  Wow...  How can it be so  vexing for a guy with McDaniels experience. Again we can hope this is correctable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Who says every game has to be perfect?  Even during the 2007 undefeated season, the Pats played some games in which not all was going well but somehow pulled out a win.  They did that a few times this season already, right?  Besides, it seemed a lot was going against the Pats yesterday. Like the heavens letting loose during their last possession after all the Bengals fans were seen kneeling and praying to the rain gods!!  Just one of those days that happen.  If they run off 4 - 5 wins in a row, this game will all, but, be forgotten!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I'll take our position every day of the week. Im not bummed cuz I knew Cincy was legit esp. on Defense and I did not underate them. What I liked is that our D showed they can win a game. Did they? of course not, but how many times is this offense gonna score 6 points. Poor Playcalling by Joshy early on. He didnt get it going until it was too late. If they are playing man and pressing and blitzing up the middle, Where are the hot reads over the middle? They didnt drag the WR over the middle until that late Dobson play. Playcalling can Improve. Weve played without a TE for the 1st 5 weeks. Every other team that is playing well has a Good one, maybe 2. Hopefully Gronk returns vs the Saints.

Mayo had maybe his best game as a pro, IMO. If he plays like THAT every week, you wont see many "Mayo Sux" threads

Spikes had a Monster game as well and was  needed yesterday. Hightower was pulled early in favor Collins because of lack of effort. You guys still wanna drop Spikes? We have a good Crew. I hope they keep them together. DMC finally made a big play, but the offense squandered in the theme of the day. Hey, It happens. We are still 4-1, which many predicted, except a loss to ATL. WHo cares. 4-1 is 4-1.

All morning I heard the fruads on EEI gushing about Manning and him scoring 27 pts a game more than us....smh. They dont know football. I would rather have a lower scoring Offense with a very good D which we have. Gonna need some help on the D line but we will be ok.  It was a  boring game, no doubt. Afterwards, I got over it real quick. No way Brady was gonna lead them back in that timely Down pour! Get back to Work, gotta have a good week of practice. Put those Chins up!

Noone said it was gonna be easy. Im trying to positive. My one gripe though is...if we are gonna pay Logan 8mill/yr, the least he could do is show up against the better tackles. That run play that was stuffed on the goal line? The whole left side collapsed and the Bengals right side was IN the backfield. Brady is struggling with these new guys as it is, if his O-line doesnt help, its gonna look Ugly. We always bounce back. I would rather have the Saints coming after a loss anyway. D-line Depth? Kelly going down? yea time to trade for someone

Good post Jay...  Agree that the strength of the D makes a loss less agravating.  I wish they held that goal line stand, though.  Refs twice gifted bengals with questionable spots of the ball on that sequence. Daltons scramble looked like he was down outside the one and the ball was placed at the 1 foot line.  But hey they battled hard .

Agree with Spikes assessment... Monster game especially 1st half.  First he finishes off TE Gresham after TE toasts Hightower in coverage... Then the pick  and the run blitz tackle for loss...  He's all over the field wit a nose for the ball .   I don't care if he's a half step slower.  Having him patrol that middle for hits after catches is just as important IMO, and of course the occasional pick which is instinct reading the QB...

Wanted to bump my" re-sign spikes" thread while watching that game.  I can't believe he only had 4 snaps against Atlanta...  Maybe he was nicked up.  Any connection there to the fact that falcons gained 500 yards?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rusty, as it stands now, this is an entirely differenct season for all sorts of reasons.  Everything we have come to expect out of the Pats is out the window.  The offense, will it find its groove some day?  If anything, what has turned around is the D playnig at a level we did not expect.  It is actually performing, overall, better than the offense when the norm in the past was the other way around.  To some degree, some folks called that with some levels of expectation that the D may be the saving grace for the team this season.  Hard to believe, huh?

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Spikes had a Monster game as well 

Without Wilfork more plays come to these guys for sure. Glad they are up to the challenge.

..and yes Spikes has become very important to this team.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

See, I knew it. You won't let me have my opinion. A dozen Pats fans called in after the game and questioned why weren't hammering the rock into the end zone there.  And yes, Amendola makes a great catch on another wild throw.

WHy can't I post in this thread. I actually agree with almost everything you said minus a couple of inaccurate comments like Hightower. Do you want accurate info or not?

Put on 98.5

I talked to my uncles last night after the game like I do every (season tickets since 1978), and one asked the other what I asked about the TD streak. That was BEFORE we even spoke about the game.  So, that means more than 1 human on this planet are thinking like I am thinking. Stop acting like I am the only one.

Imagine losing a game because the QB might want to keep the TD streak going? What if that is why McDaniels picked those plays?   Why is this not a possibility based on the behavior from McDaniels and Brady since 2007?

"They invent reasons to bail out on their own running game.' - Andy Gresh on 98.5 30 seconds ago

If you want to get a good fan overview of the offense's problems in recent years, where we go huge chunks of the game not moving the ball or scoring points, please turn on 98.5 and learn something.

I saw it years ago even with Welkie here.   It's a serious, serious problem with what we have here and Brady/McDaniels being buddies.  BB may have to slap Brady again.

"You won't even let me have my opinion."

You have your opinion 200+ times a day dumkoff. My god are you dense. Quick! Post about the Jets again!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

If Brandon Bolden catches the screen pass from Brady in the first quarter he scores

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Encinitas's comment:

Do you ever give it a rest with your retardation?

All on Brady?  Did he drop a perfect screen pass play that would have gone for a potential touchdown?  No, your hero Bolden did.  Did he run inot his own players when he had a perfect path to the end zone?  No, Dobson did.  Did he fail to get into the end zone from the 1/2 yard line first down run?  Nope.  Did Brady drop passes all day long?  Nope.

Arrington gives up a critical and inexcusable play - you make an excuse.  The defense allows to long  scoring drives, one for 93 yards, the other for 60 yards that started inside their own 10.  That also contributed to the loss.

If Brady CARRIES the team for 4 years, burdended by a pathetic defense, he is an ego driven stat monger.

If he can't carry  a completely revamped team riddled with skill position injuries and rookie mistakes,  he is an over the hill ego driven stat monger.

Riddle me this moron - if Brady was SO concerned about his TD streak, why did he call a running play on first down and goal (that lost yards!)?

Idiocracy reigns supreme

+1

Thank you. The troll queen has posted the same thing multiple times on every thread. Enough already.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I knew going in that the Bengal's defense is for real, so no surprise that it was difficult. It also looked like they had a pretty good handle on the plays that the Pats were running, especially when they were critical plays.  I figured this for a low scoring game, but I honestly thought the Pats would take it. Not getting in on the goal line was crazy, and with the way the day was going for the "O" I thought the trick play to Solder was a bad idea. That play was over way before the throw. Of course had they made it it would have been genius right?

I'm with the OP - I don't expect another perfect regular season; I am just hoping to see continuous improvement week to week After all, it doesn't seem like it was that long ago to me that the Pats were a complete joke of a franchise - of course I am getting old:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No need to get down on the loss for we who have been saying the team BB creates around Brady is mediocre. We have expected this. We knew Brady couldn't make up for the deficiencies forever. BB's little house of cards is crumbling because his inability to draft has finally been exposed to the light of day by his amateurish handling of the receiver situation. There were any of a number of holes in the dike, and Brady doesn't have enough fingers to cover for them all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I'm no gambler but it's common knowledge that you don't bet on favorites in the mud.  Any given Sunday plus bad weather affects outcomes.

So the Pats lost a bad weather game, one the road to a good team.  I know it's was a stinker for the offense but if you were thinking this team was going 16 and 0 you need a new hobby. 

Btw, did you notice that the Pats won the toss and elected to receive.  That was the weather affecting coaching even before the opening kickoff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

Good post summed up in the first two sentences.

[/QUOTE]

It was a really good game. The D got the O the ball back then the sky's opened up. There was a lot of worried bengals fans till it rained. I though other then a couple runs the D did a heck of a job.  the receivers need to find their hands, Brady isn't the whole blame for his stat line 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.