The Patriots' 2010 Schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

The Patriots' 2010 Schedule

I just looked over the Pats upcoming schedule for next season, and I have to say that it looks as though it will be really really tough!  We have to play the likes of Indianapolis, San Diego, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Cinncinatti, Baltimore, & Green Bay.  Those are 7 really tough matchups considering that Pittsburgh should fully bounce back from the down year that they're currently having, not to mention that Cincinnatti & Green Bay have identical records to ours a may be on the rise.

The Pats can't afford to let guys like Mankins & Wilfork go.  They also can't afford to draft poorly this year (they'll definately have to hit on a few guys) if they expect to be competitive next season.  As currently constructed (not factoring improvements to this team via free agency or the draft) we will not make the playoffs (especially if we duplicate the one road win crap that we did this season).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Re: The Patriots' 2010 Schedule

yeah it does look tough.  you're talking about the best teams in the AFC, when conference record can be important, and two very good ones in the NFC.  there are some (hopefully) easy games like CLE and DET but then there are teams like Chicago which may be improving.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

What do you think the other guys are thinking when they see our names on their schedules?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I personally would rather play the good teams during the regular season. We may lose to them but it keeps you on your toes and hopefully helps you destroy all the teams you should beat. The only thing I don't like is that it most likely means more primetime games which I don't care for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

The roster environment will largely depend on the presence or lack of a salary cap.

I believe that some players won't hit free agency if next season is uncapped.  They would also be easier to re-sign without prohibitive salary cap implications.

I do think Mankins and Wilfork will be even more important, though, because of the schedule including physical teams like Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Baltimore, and Cincinnati.

I like the home game slate next year, though.  Getting Indianapolis at home will be big.  Same goes for Minnesota if it's late in the year and it's cold outside (assuming Favre really is signed through next year).

The only one I really don't like is the game in Pittsburgh.  That field is poor and players always get injured there (like when the Pats lost Ty Law and Matt Light when neither two made contact with another player)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

for next season, i hope our final regular season game will be at home. we haven't wrap up at home since the 2005-06 season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

The only team that scares me of the group is Indy. But next year the pats will pick up a good,hopefully great, veteran defender along with the draft and be much better on D next year and the Pats O will be more consistant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from STP43FAN. Show STP43FAN's posts

I think you undersell the Patriots' drafting ability, and as far as Wilfork goes he'll be franchised while Vollmer looks more than enough to replace Mankins. 

The 2010 season looks to be one of the toughest, but the Patriots will be a better team next year as well with everyone (players, coaching staff, etc.) having had a full season under their belt as well as time to heal up before the season kicks off.