The Patriots DB's and injuries...Why so many?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

The Patriots DB's and injuries...Why so many?

First off, congratulations to the Patriots for a great win yesterday. I read today's article on Edelman playing corner. Is it just me or do others think the Patriots get more than their share of secondary injuries, certainly over the past 2 or 3 years...Is it due to their way of utilizing their secondary? Poor LB play forcing the DB's to make more tackles? Do you want your leading tackler to be a corner like Arrington with 10 tackles in yesterday's game? Anyone have any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: The Patriots DB's and injuries...Why so many?

Every year it seems that we just get nailed with injuries at some position.  I guess because DBs run fast and get hit on almost every play they are more likely to get hurt.  But yeah, we seem to lose lots of them.  Good thing we cross train receivers.  THAT is something BB does not get enough credit for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

I realize more downfield passes completed means more tackles made by the DB's running at high speeds...maybe that has something to do with this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

It's just the "Patriot Way"...EVERY year we get hit HARD on the injury front.  It just so happens that it's to the secondary this year.