So much for all the preseason predictions about the Patriots. As is to be expected, some of the offseason free agent acquisitions haven't  panned out, injuries occur and loss of talent starts to show. As Bill Parcels would say "We are what we are". 
At some point you need talent on the field. You also need leaders on both sides of the ball. The Pats have some but not enough. In the past they had Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, Mike Vrabel, Teddy Bruschi, Ted Washington, Asante Sammuel, Richard seymour etc. I see a revamped defense with young players combined with free agents. Not much of any pass rush. No big hitter at safety. No stud corner back. You can run on the Pats D and you can pass on it. 
Opposing teams watched the Pats play the Giants in the Super Bowl and the formula is simple. If Brady is going to throw early and often make him pay by hitting him every chance you get. This is a consequence of a unbalanced offensive attack. The Patriots super Bowl teams had balance. They usually had a power running back like Corey Dillon and they could bound the rock particuarly 
come December. As for wide receiver, they're go to guy is Moss but he is NOT
tough football player like a Hines Ward. I like David Givens. I like David Patten and ofcourse Troy Brown. Those players would die trying to win a game. I am a big fan of welker and I do like the new kid number 11.