The Pats need a real OC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

The Pats need a real OC

This is not a call fro Charlie Wies so dont mistake it as that. What I am saying is that I think the lack of a true OC has hurt us a lot this season. The play calling has been pretty bad, and Tom Brady has been burning timeouts for what seems like no reason game in and game out which I think has a lot to do with O Brian not being able to get the play call into the helmet head set fast enough and then Brady has to burn a timeout cause the play wasnt in on time or the coverage didnt match or whatever. I think that these things would be fixed if we go out and get a real OC in the offseason. I am not suggesting we do it mid season cause thats a bad move but as soon as we can I would like to bring in a real OC. Thoughts? do we need one? If so what coaches OTHER THEN CHARLIE WEIS would you like to see on the staff as a OC?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: The Pats need a real OC

KILLA!  WE THOUGHT YOU DIED OR SOMETHING.

....and yes the Pats need a better offensive mind at the helm.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Agree 100% and Welcome back. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Yea I thought I died after Monday night too lol I just couldnt care about football this week or i might have gone off teh deep end so i just took a step back and said f*ck it. But now I am ready to talk some football haha. I just think that alot of the offensive problems we have had this year stems from the OC. I mean Brady takes some blame as well but I think if we still had Josh McDanials at the helm we would be a very good offense. Plus like I said I dont think Brady is just burning timeouts so I think that falls on teh OC as well. He has to get teh play in there faster so we dont have to burn a timeout.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

yes I do see a ABC with a check next to it. And I can see that you are still a D bag pretty clearly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Did I miss something. What abc icon?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

You are correct Killa.  I don't think O'Brian is cutting it.  That said, let me offer a counterpoint.  What if we take Kraft at his word that one of the things he loves about BB is his philosophy of promoting from within?  Kraft did say this and went on to talk about that being one of his beliefs too.  What if Kraft and BB realize there will be growing pains with this?  What if they still would rather promote from within anyway?

Like I said, I agree with you.  as a fan we want wins and little else matters.  I'm just saying they might know he's struggling and simply might be willing to put up with it as long as he learns and improves.  We'll know after the season is over if they think he is learning and improving.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Just like the Jets 

LOL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

Someone with an HD camera....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

DJ I agree with what you are sayign and I hope you are wrong. Cause it would be a giant shame if they were willing to throw a year of Bradys career away for teh sake of promoting from within. He does not have all the time in the world left and wasting a year for a coaching switch up is a big deal. I like that we promote from within I just hope he is at least getting better so by next year he is not slowing us down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats need a real OC:
    [QUOTE]Did I miss something. What abc icon?
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

Leon was here for about 5 minutes.  He took a shot at Killa then got erased.

Picture that pathetic fool sitting hunched over at a computer with a Note Book full of crossed out fake email addressed and user names.  I kinda wish I knew who he was so could get him some help.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Thanks kmax this to funny. Yesterday I suggested some names for leon
    notforlongleon

leonisagonner

leonghost

thedisappearingleon

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

K max that would be a waste of time, however you posting more Megan Fox photo's is 100% not a waste of time hahahahaha

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Pats need a real OC : Leon was here for about 5 minutes.  He took a shot at Killa then got erased. Picture that pathetic fool sitting hunched over at a computer with a Note Book full of crossed out fake email addressed and user names.  I kinda wish I knew who he was so could get him some help.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Leon writes 20-30 posts a day, and that's not counting his fake fan accounts that he denies using on gameday and the day after.  So imagine all that writing for something that lingers only minutes on average.  And the real funny part is that he does all this yet insists we are obsessed with all things NY?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats need a real OC : Leon writes 20-30 posts a day, and that's not counting his fake fan accounts that he denies using on gameday and the day after.  So imagine all that writing for something that lingers only minutes on average.  And the real funny part is that he does all this yet insists we are obsessed with all things NY?
    Posted by carawaydj

His level of mental illness is astonishing yet hilarious.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

What they really need is a defense....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Killa, I wasn't around yesterday but I just posted the same thing on another thread before reading this one. I can't agree more with this being a huge problem this year. O'Brien has absolutely no imagination and it's getting wicked predictable for opposing D's.

1st down-deep route incomplete
    2nd down-hand off to Maroney with eight up front
    3rd down-force it into Moss or Welker while the D only rushes three

I am saying bring back Charlie. He was great at playing the short game until the deep routes opened up in the second half. Look at the opening drive against the Saints, short routes, screens and a balanced running game. When they stick to that nobody can stop them. When they strayed and went downfield in the second quarter they couldn't move the ball and at the same time we lost momentum and got spanked. Without a solid third receiver (or one TB can trust) they need to shorten the field and keep the chains moving. It also keeps the D rested and the opposing offensive sitting on their azzes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I agree with you guys about the offensive game plans not being up to snuff.  Lack of a solid 3rd receiver has also hurt a lot this yr.  Remember the saying that Brady's favorite receiver was the guy that's open??  He use to spread the ball around to 6 or 7 different receivers during the game but now they force everything to Moss and Welker.  They hardly use the tight end at all in the passing game, except for blocking.  Seems like the only route they even try to hit the TE on is the seam route up the middle, which has resulted in some Watson TD's this yr. but has been shut down the past few games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with you guys about the offensive game plans not being up to snuff.  Lack of a solid 3rd receiver has also hurt a lot this yr.  Remember the saying that Brady's favorite receiver was the guy that's open??  He use to spread the ball around to 6 or 7 different receivers during the game but now they force everything to Moss and Welker.  They hardly use the tight end at all in the passing game, except for blocking.  Seems like the only route they even try to hit the TE on is the seam route up the middle, which has resulted in some Watson TD's this yr. but has been shut down the past few games.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

This is a part of the  problem, too. For a team that not too  long ago had so many options at WR how did we let the cupboard get so bare?

Watson showed some definate improvement early this year making big catches and holding on to the ball but I can't remember the last time tommy went to him. What's up with that?

We really need a major improvement at OC. Nevermind this "promoting form within" BS, go out and hire the best OC out there. Mr. Kraft can use the money he's saving from Romeo and charlie to pay the new guy.

Our offense is so limited and predictable its pathetic. If often looks as if our playbook consists of one page.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Pats need a real OC : This is a part of the  problem, too. For a team that not too  long ago had so many options at WR how did we let the cupboard get so bare? Watson showed some definate improvement early this year making big catches and holding on to the ball but I can't remember the last time tommy went to him. What's up with that? We really need a major improvement at OC. Nevermind this "promoting form within" BS, go out and hire the best OC out there. Mr. Kraft can use the money he's saving from Romeo and charlie to pay the new guy. Our offense is so limited and predictable its pathetic. If often looks as if our playbook consists of one page.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Why are you guys so worried about the offense? The defense cant stop a girls high school volleyball team....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Yesterday was the best example of this, we lost in Miami due to coaching. IMO

The OC is not up to snuff, if we had McDanials we win that game. We need to go out and get a real OC someone who can close out a game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

not that brady needs another OC for he should just call his own plays.he see,s all the changes the defense makes and can call the audibles needed,but if a oc is needed then it is weiss.for brady may not be that good period learning a new system under a new oc.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Charlie Wies wont be back in NE but there are still plenty of good coaches out there we could bring in. But giving Brady all the control is not a good idea.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

either is bringing in a new oc out side the system he knows. for him to learn a new system will set him and the team back farther.now if they were to work around to his strengths,and get the proper players needed i could see it working,but that would be the only way it could work.as for weiss? never say never.next year is a ways off.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Execution, execution, execution.
    Great teams that reach the 5 yard line twice;
    score 14 or 10 points
    Good teams;
    score 6 points
    Poor teams;
    score 3 points
    Lousy teams;
    score 0 points, can't make one yard and throw INTs in the endzone