the pats need to go after vincent jackson or merriman.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the pats need to go after vincent jackson or merriman.

either one of these guys would be a huge boost to the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssmilloy36. Show ssmilloy36's posts

Re: the pats need to go after vincent jackson or merriman.

merriman is a joke

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Wow, I do have to say that these people are entertaining......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Merriman is washed up and his character issues/off-field drama is nowhere near an equalizer for any talent. Plus, we need to continue getting younger and more talented, not older and barely-hanging-on.

Maybe Merriman has a good year this year because he's finally recovered from his knee injury (similar to Tommy Brady) but then, to me at least, he's not the type of guy we want to put in our locker room. Imagine him and Adalius boosting each other up...

Vincent Jackson, I'm more inclined to take on but he won't come cheap. Still, I read somewhere that he was out partying a night or two before the Jets game last year. Again, if we had a few toxic personalities in the locker room last year, you'd think we'd avoid guys like this even if they're supremely talented.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: the pats need to go after vincent jackson or merriman.:
    Wow, I do have to say that these people are entertaining......
    Posted by m1021us
    only you are.i will hate to say come this season.i told you so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Neither, thanks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

I agree moss.some people here are still living in the past,or think the draft will be the anwser for them.many will be in for a rude awakening.out side the core of the team there are to many un-proven players.jackson would be huge,and i think merriman could do very well in a diffrent scene.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Mosse, u normally make good posts, but this one I have to totally disagree with.  Both would cost us in high draft picks AND a HUGS contract.  So no way at all what so ever. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Mosse, u normally make good posts, but this one I have to totally disagree with.  Both would cost us in high draft picks AND a HUGS contract.  So no way at all what so ever. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon
     I can understand if its the compensation that is tagged on these guys.but it dosent mean a trade couldnt happen for less.we have seen some good players so far get traded for far less then we thought.and some are not until 2011,and 2012 draft picks.vincent they may not want to trade,but merriman i think they would,and could do well with the pats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Mosse, yes we have seen some go for less than we thought, but most of those are under contract and not tendered to a certain level.  That is the big difference here. 
    Also, next year I hope we get WR Floyd from the Dolts.  I think the price to performance level will be better from him for us. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

now that i wouldnt mind.that would be a nice trade possibility.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Merriman stinks.  If he comes back and can become a productive player again, props to him, but right now there is way too much risk involved to fork over what it would take to get him.

Jackson is an absolute monster and if we had a 3rd round pick I would trade a 1st and 3rd for him in a second.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Merriman stinks.  If he comes back and can become a productive player again, props to him, but right now there is way too much risk involved to fork over what it would take to get him. Jackson is an absolute monster and if we had a 3rd round pick I would trade a 1st and 3rd for him in a second.
    Posted by pyegian
    the reason i posted this is because they are saying several teams are going to go after him.not that the chargers wouldnt match there offers,but if anything it would make them pay more then they were exspecting.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3202

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Better going after Brandon Marshall rather than vincent jackson. Jackson requires a first and a third, while marshal only a first ..... both a pricey though.

Negative on the Merriman front- had it been for cheaper yea but they gave him a high tender

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: the pats need to go after vincent jackson or merriman. : only you are.i will hate to say come this season.i told you so.
    Posted by mosseffect43

All you have told me is that you want a washed up LB with a bum knee and a WR that would cost us an arm and a leg to get......

I am waiting for something else to laugh about......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I agree moss.some people here are still living in the past,or think the draft will be the anwser for them.many will be in for a rude awakening.out side the core of the team there are to many un-proven players.jackson would be huge,and i think merriman could do very well in a diffrent scene.
    Posted by Vladtheimpaler1

LOL!!  I hate to tell you, but each year is different....the answer is not to go out and over pay for mediocre talent like many of these fools have been crying about.....we have the core team intact and need to build off of that, through the draft AND in get good deals in free agency.....there is plenty of time left.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Lots and lots of time left, chill boys...well be good, and everything will get done in true Patriot fashion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

No way, No how!  The Pats aren't going after either of these guys.  Time to face reality Pats fans, nothing is going to happen until the draft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

In Response to the pats need to go after vincent jackson or merriman.:
    either one of these guys would be a huge boost to the team.
    Posted by mosseffect43

for a 1st and 3rd round pick because that is what they are tendered at.   not a chance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: the pats need to go after vincent jackson or merriman. : All you have told me is that you want a washed up LB with a bum knee and a WR that would cost us an arm and a leg to get...... I am waiting for something else to laugh about......
    Posted by m1021us
    you keep telling people its early in the free agency,and that what is out there is weak.so tell us what will be better out there in four weeks from now?please humor us since you have all the anwsers. no im gonna have the last laugh when i say i told you so.so you better pray.because im gonna rub it in good when it happens.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: the pats need to go after vincent jackson or merriman. : you keep telling people its early in the free agency,and that what is out there is weak.so tell us what will be better out there in four weeks from now?please humor us since you have all the anwsers. no im gonna have the last laugh when i say i told you so.so you better pray.because im gonna rub it in good when it happens.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Wow, you are too funny.....

Are you trying to tell me that it isn't early in free agency?  Or that 95% of the free agents that are out there are not still there?  Are you telling me that it isn't possible to make any trades on draft day or that there won't be anyone let go in the next couple of months?

You do realize that we have signed as much or more free agents as anyone this offseason thus far, right?

people like you sounds very desperate when you complain the way that you do.....

You act like you are a new fan to the team, you should know by now how things work around here.....crying isn't going to get it done.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: the pats need to go after vincent jackson or merriman. : Wow, you are too funny..... Are you trying to tell me that it isn't early in free agency?  Or that 95% of the free agents that are out there are not still there?  Are you telling me that it isn't possible to make any trades on draft day or that there won't be anyone let go in the next couple of months? You do realize that we have signed as much or more free agents as anyone this offseason thus far, right? people like you sounds very desperate when you complain the way that you do..... You act like you are a new fan to the team, you should know by now how things work around here.....crying isn't going to get it done.
    Posted by m1021us
     I do know how it works,and if you have known me for sometime you would know that i will post things just for discussions rather if im serious or not,but you took a sarcastic shot at me from another thread that has lead it up to here.yes it is early in the free agency.this is why i asked you,who do you think will be released 4 weeks from now,and i wouldnt mind seeing a gamble taken on one of the receivers that is out there now.even if it is just for a year,but i also cant see anything better later on unless its by a trade.i like our re-signings.but receiver and pass rusher is needed badly.i love the draft.it builds the team for the future.im just focused on this season.