The Pats will turn it around this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

The Pats will turn it around this year

Alright, so they just lost to the Broncos in Denver.  So what?  The Broncos are the hottest team in the NFL right now that doesn't play in NY or NO.  They had home field advantage and Brady is clearly not his Brady-esque self.  Remember, it took the Colts a full 7 games to start to click last year when Manning was coming off his knee surgery and he didn't miss time the previous year. 

We need to be patient and allow this offense time to gel.  They will get it together and eventually return to being a top notch team.  I predict they will finish 12-4 and win the AFC East.  I'd feel a lot better about my prediction if they had a truly dynamic running game, but that's life.  The defense continues to improve and will be a force for the rest of the season.

What say you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

Re: The Pats will turn it around this year

The Patriots are yesterday's news.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats will turn it around this year:
    [QUOTE]The Patriots are yesterday's news.
    Posted by baddawg[/QUOTE]

Very insightful.  Care to elaborate?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Soxfan I am complete agreement with you.  Does anyone recall the Bills starting out 5-0 last season?  Where did they FINISH at?  7-9?  This was a brutal loss there is no denying that, but it is a tough environment, and the Pats did put up back to back Ws against two solid teams.  It is all about the finish, not the first five games of the season.  Compare that to baseball, and it is like saying the Sox are done after playing 50 games, or the Royals are going to win the AL Central because they are only 2 games out (what did they finish about 30 games out?).  I love the passion this city exudes, but sometimes it just comes across as knee-jerk lunacy.  Brady is a great QB - he will rebound.  You are right about the Colts last year and Manning was AWFUL for the first 7 games, and if memory serves me correct they finished 12-4 and he won the MVP.  Also this is a young defense, and they made some big stops today in the 4th quarter.  I still think this team is good enough to win the division, and like you said give them time and they will gel - they have the best coach in the league - hands down.  My prediction is they will be 5-2 headed into the bye week, and come out of that and smoke Miami to be 6-2 headed into Indy.  I think most Pats fans will be ok with that.  One more thing, I don't think the Sox loss today made things any better.  Ok I gotta get off my soapbox. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i agree that they make the playoffs (and could win the afc east). but dont be surprised if the playoffs come in the form of a wild card berth.  this is not the same patriots team we saw two years ago. this is a patriots team that will have to really work for everything they get. that being said, so far this season we've either won the game, or lost by a single possession. they are not being blown out, expect this team to end anywhere b/w 10-6 to 12-4 and make the post season. dont give up on this team, remember we were 2-3 after five weeks in 2001.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If we play like we did against the Ravens and Atlanta, if the defense keeps progressing and the offense plays a balanced game than we're the best team in football.  The lack of consistancy on offense has me concerned though, nothing can make a great team look real bad faster than poor play calling. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

The first half of 2007 was the anomaly.  That will not happen again, and I think most folks just thought insert #12 and we will go 19-0 this season.  They had many a close game in the 2nd half of that season, and the playoff games were all dogfights - and we all know what happened in the last game of the season.  Bottom line is this several teams are good, and to your point Fowler about 2001 they were also 5-5 after week 10.  Give it a few weeks, and everyone will be lauding this team again.  They are far from done. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[QUOTE]i agree that they make the playoffs (and could win the afc east). but dont be surprised if the playoffs come in the form of a wild card berth.  this is not the same patriots team we saw two years ago. this is a patriots team that will have to really work for everything they get. that being said, so far this season we've either won the game, or lost by a single possession. they are not being blown out, expect this team to end anywhere b/w 10-6 to 12-4 and make the post season. dont give up on this team, remember we were 2-3 after five weeks in 2001.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

Plus we were 3-2 in 2003 so 2 of our Super Bowl years we weren't looking too Super at this point in the season. Both years we came together and went on a long winning streaks right through the post season. The biggest problem I have on this team is the inconsistency in offense. They seem to put a couple good plays together then hit a wall. Brady needs to get on track with his accuracy which will take time. We have Tennessee and Tampa coming up, good chance to start a win streak and go 5-2 into the bye week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

this is what being a fan is all about. i'm so sick of the b*tching and moaning that goes on on some of these "fan" forums. i agree 100% with DBAZ and Wizardsjag. mark my words... THIS TEAM IS FAR FROM DONE!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

It hard to win when your constantly out coached.

Who our Offensive coordinator?  Were playing like we don't have one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

They need an event that will galvanize the team. A fight, a death, an atom bomb going off .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlimo. Show jlimo's posts

I agree. I am also sick of all these fans wanting to bench Brady after a bad game. I mean, I live in DC, and Snyder is the perfect example of how a knee-jerk reaction doesn't produce results - he pulls coaches at a minute's notice and how many playoff games have they gone to??

Anyways, I agree that they will definitely make the playoffs. I think they're going to have to fight with the Jets for the AFC East. Also, Miami may not be as easy a win as we all think - the Pats struggle with Miami even when Miami is horrible. I do, however, think the Pats will start to gel and get better. But yea, where is the offensive coordinator? Where are the long bombs? Call a few of them anyways...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to The Pats will turn it around this year:
    [QUOTE]Alright, so they just lost to the Broncos in Denver.  So what?  The Broncos are the hottest team in the NFL right now that doesn't play in NY or NO.  They had home field advantage and Brady is clearly not his Brady-esque self.  Remember, it took the Colts a full 7 games to start to click last year when Manning was coming off his knee surgery and he didn't miss time the previous year.  We need to be patient and allow this offense time to gel.  They will get it together and eventually return to being a top notch team.  I predict they will finish 12-4 and win the AFC East.  I'd feel a lot better about my prediction if they had a truly dynamic running game, but that's life.  The defense continues to improve and will be a force for the rest of the season. What say you?
    Posted by soxfan33928[/QUOTE]

I think their problems are very fixable.

-I think reps will get Brady up to game-speed with his reads
    -I think reps will get Brady's mechanics back in order which will improve his accuracy
    -I think tipped passes will eventually become interceptions if they just realize fundamental football and hit the nearest receiver to prevent him from breaking up the play, and if f*riggin Wilhite doesn't bat the ball away from his teammates
    -I think Vollmer will learn as quickly as every other lineman who's ever had to step into the line of duty on a moment's notice (Hochstein, Britt, O'Callaghan, et al)

And I think that those four things alone cost the Patriots the game today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

[QUOTE]It hard to win when your constantly out coached. Who our Offensive coordinator?  Were playing like we don't have one.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Hard to argue that.

Our offense looks like amateur hour compared to other teams.  We show run, then run.  We show pass, then pass.  We run in run situations, we pass in pass situations.  Ultra predictable.

And I don't care if there is a "shut down corner" on Moss all day, there is no excuse for not getting the ball to him.  You're basically admitting that the other team is better if you are that scared of Champ Bailey.  You are beat before you take the field.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

chalk it up a loss, there are three more games to give, maybe?
    11-5 should be enough. it's not the end of the season,
    maybe this can be acceptable if the team can get better.
    a few losses here and there in the first half of the season can be acceptable if the team is put in position down the stretch. I expect this team to have a winning streak towards the end of november going to the end of december, hopefully taking some momentum into the playoffs like a typical Belichick coached team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The Pats need to make a decision on the #3 WR, they just can't have nobody at that position.  They need to find quality talent or forget another trip to the superbowl.