The play of Jerod Mayo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

The play of Jerod Mayo

He has something like 35 tackles the last 2 games.......nice to see him playing well now that he is relatively healthy. I am convinced that the knee injury bothered him more than he let on last year.  With him and Spikes ( who is also playing pretty well for a rook) the middle of the d looks pretty set for years to come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: The play of Jerod Mayo

In Response to The play of Jerod Mayo:
    [QUOTE]He has something like 35 tackles the last 2 games.......nice to see him playing well now that he is relatively healthy. I am convinced that the knee injury bothered him more than he let on last year.  With him and Spikes ( who is also playing pretty well for a rook) the middle of the d looks pretty set for years to come.
    Posted by Hannahman[/QUOTE]

Add to that Wilfork and you have a deadly triangle with a devils tail "Cunningham"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

In Response to Re: The play of Jerod Mayo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The play of Jerod Mayo : Add to that Wilfork and you have a deadly triangle with a devils tail "Cunningham"
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the HUMAN MISSILE Pat Chung behind them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I can't confirm this yet but I know Mike Reiss was pointing Mayo's better play on the fact that he finally had his knee brace removed.

He had a torn MCL last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It was absolutely the injury that slowed him down, glad he's back to being healthy. I mean, really, people marveled at how quickly he came back from a serious injury, and then were merciless in their criticism! Nothing like playing both sides...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

he has 61 tackles through 5 games.....thats crazy.......he is back to his rookie form for sure...........knew he was hurt last year but didn't know it was a mcl....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I've bashed him all year and then I see that he's leading the league in tackles, lord knows we need him playing well every week. When you're a top ten pick, a lot is needed and expected of you, lets hope he's on his way to becoming a difference maker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

he would be leading the nfl tackles but for the bye. landry jones has played 6 games so far

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

With Mayo and Spikes playing so well and strong against the run the Pats are able to move Wilfork to right end so he control that side of the ball. This D is starting to gel and its fun watching them. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Mayo has been playing out of his mind and finally playing on the level he needs to be. Obviously Mayo was not healthy at all last year because this Mayo is just insane right now. 

Once Spikes begins to get his technique down and the Pats get back Warren and pick up another D-Linemen this team looks incredibly dangerous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Um... they look incredibly dangerous now

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I know I've said it from before the draft,but this young Deadrick is truly a keeper and has the potential to be an outstanding DE B.B.'s 34 defense.Terrific explosion off the ball,explosion and a motor that runs at full capacity every play.His strength is more than adequate now,but give him a year with the Pats strength and conditioning guys and he'll even better aginst the run than he has been.Certainly he needs to continue to work on learning all the nuances of N.E.'s complex defense,make all of his reads correctly and quickly and learn the players he goes against more thoroughly(through film work and practices installing each game plan)but I believe youngster has all the makings of a very good DE.The same goes for Cunningham,who missed most of the pre-season and is just getting into top playing condition,McCourty,whose intellencework ethic and skill set has the makings of a true shut down corner(I really want to see him and Bodden together at CB,Spikes who seems to be handling the complexities of a complex defensive system and he and Mayo,who when he is healthy is among the elite at MLB,ccould be as good as any pair of MLB's in any 34 defense.On offense you have a pair TE's who have very different skills sets both will be a handful for every opposing defense,Gronk as the classic two way TE who is already blocking everyone he has faced very well and I feel he will become more involved in the offense as the season goes(he has already proven he is a force in the red zone and will continue to be used more in that and other situations)and Hernandez is match-up nightmare for all opponents and don't go jumping off of bridges because of his two drops against the Ravens,he was just being a young rookie trying to make a play for his team in a critical situation and I believe that will end as gets more experience in  tense situations(and has it drummed into head by the coaches).Finally,I liked Woodhead when he was with the Jets and even more now that he a Patriot and am now convinced(assuming he is re-signedand I bet he will be)he can assume Faulk's roll when Faulk calls it a career(I would love to have Faulk become a coach with N.E. when he calls it a career)and I'm beginning to think he could fulfill even a larger roll as he is short but well put together and he is tough(he can flat out pass block as we saw twice in the Baltimore game),motivated and obviously studies the game like McCourty does on defense.The could be real tough by the end of this year if they have any luck staying healthy and even better in the ensueing years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

and they played well against the run with brace  and deaderick struglling. man, oh man, it is just a player or two away from a suffocating defense

In Response to Re: The play of Jerod Mayo:
    [QUOTE]Mayo has been playing out of his mind and finally playing on the level he needs to be. Obviously Mayo was not healthy at all last year because this Mayo is just insane right now.  Once Spikes begins to get his technique down and the Pats get back Warren and pick up another D-Linemen this team looks incredibly dangerous.
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]