The Ravens' Pollard & Karmic Justice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mykey123. Show mykey123's posts

The Ravens' Pollard & Karmic Justice

Baltimore Ravens' defensive back, Pollard, a player personally responsible for seriously injuring four Patriots players (Brady, Gronkowski, Welker, and Ridley) and who knows how many others from other teams, all I can say is "what goes around, comes around". Karmic justice demands that at some point in his career, he'll be the recipient of a vicious hit that alters his professional career path.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: The Ravens' Pollard & Karmic Justice

In response to mykey123's comment:

Baltimore Ravens' defensive back, Pollard, a player personally responsible for seriously injuring four Patriots players (Brady, Gronkowski, Welker, and Ridley) and who knows how many others from other teams, all I can say is "what goes around, comes around". Karmic justice demands that at some point in his career, he'll be the recipient of a vicious hit that alters his professional career path.

honestly though how many of those hits were dirty? injuries do happen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mykey123. Show mykey123's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

[/QUOTE]

He came in low on Brady when he was a Kansas City Chiefs player (1st game of the 2008 season?) and his hit on Ridley was vicious. The hits on Gronk and Welker weren't bad, but the fact that he was involved when they went down is a bit unusual. And if you watched him at all during Sunday night's game, whenever he had the chance, he went full speed to hit any Pats' ball carrier already on his way down from another Ravens' tackler. Seemed clear that he was just trying to inflict as much pain as he possibly could.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

He came in low on Brady when he was a Kansas City Chiefs player (1st game of the 2008 season?) and his hit on Ridley was vicious. The hits on Gronk and Welker weren't bad, but the fact that he was involved when they went down is a bit unusual. And if you watched him at all during Sunday night's game, whenever he had the chance, he went full speed to hit any Pats' ball carrier already on his way down from another Ravens' tackler. Seemed clear that he was just trying to inflict as much pain as he possibly could.

[/QUOTE]

u may be right i dont know...just wanted some clarification

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Here's some clarification...  You're a stupid dink NY troll. 

anyone can see his intent to injure.  he can hide behind his teammates for only so long.  his head is on swivel and he gets away with it so far.   will be interesting to see his fine this week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Brady hit was dirty.  The others were part of football.  Nothing dirty about the other 3.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I don't believe that very many Pats' fan wouldn't mind having a Rodney Harrison type of player in their secondary. True Pollard is a vicious hitter and he wants to send a message to the opposition not to come back to his side of the field or they'll pay.

Now this not defending him but,

1) In 2008, while Sammy Morris was on his back in the Pats' backfield, Pollard made every effort to get to the QB which was his job on that particular play. Hated to see it happen, but it did.

2) In the Texans game, Welker caught a wide open throw and his attempt to evade Pollard, tore an ACL. Not sure if P even touched him on that play.

3) If you all recall that famous Gronk TD against the 'Skins when he blew by, ran over and carried defenders for that long score. You think maybe P remembered that and made sure that he would make a legal take down, which it was.

4) And lastly, and he may be fined by the league for this one, his KO of Ridley was a helmet to helmet with both players lowering their heads at contact.

To make things worse, he can't shut up. It makes him even more detestable and villified. My 2 sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Every play is reviewed and analyzed by the league and in slow motion. I think they can determine a clean hit verses a dirty one. My 2 sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[/QUOTE]

He was taken to the ground by Faulk when he hit Brady.  What did you expect him to do, fully stand before moving toward Brady?  Don't forget also Brady took one or two huge steps forward stepping into the pocket and his throw.  Had he stayed deep, Pollard wouldn't have reached him. 

As for his physicality, this is what the patriots used to be known for.  I always remember the pats defenders delivering an extra hit after the opposing player with the ball was down.  Rodney Harrison anyone?  The pats lost their nastiness a while ago and have been a finesse team for a while. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I stand corrected if it was Faulk. Thought sure it was Sammy since I like the 'Phins in the AFC.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

3) If you all recall that famous Gronk TD against the 'Skins when he blew by, ran over and carried defenders for that long score. You think maybe P remembered that and made sure that he would make a legal take down, which it was.

TO clarify: When Pollard took down Gronk, by both ankles, he twisted them as to break a leg, which he almost did. He IS a dirty POS.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

I remember when football used to be about hard hitting and intimidation.  I do not like pollard at all and do think he is a dirty player BUT if he was on the pats I would love him.  The game today is designed for offense and any player who attempts to set a physical tone will be fined( like spikes)  I think the pats need to invest in more physical hard hitting players who want to set the tone and scare opposing players.  I think Hightower has that mind set to be intimidating and am looking forward to him and spikes getting mean next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

If anything brady's kung fu kick was more illegal than any of pollard's hits.

I totally get and understand Brady putting his foot up in the air like he did Sunday.  If you recall when they played against the Ravens when Brady and Lewis got in that little face to face conversation the NFL network likes to keep replaying.  On that play Brady ran up field and went into a slide and a Ravens player flopped on Brady when he was on the ground and got a flag for it.  I'm pretty sure Brady remembered that and put his leg up to prevent that this time.  Nobody brings this up of course as they like to bash the Patriots every chance they get.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I have an idea. Let's allow Gronk to run free. Was Pollard fined? Can't recall. Every play is reveiwable during the up coming week. Hating Pollard doesn't make that a dirty play. Bet you never complained when Rodney would physically abuse opposing players. Am I right on that? Of course I am. D ouch.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ASO9771's comment:

TO clarify: When Pollard took down Gronk, by both ankles, he twisted them as to break a leg, which he almost did. He IS a dirty POS.

As does nearly every other defender.  I am always surprised that more injuries don't happen as a cause of tackles like that because they happen so frequently. 

Again, I never recall a pats fan calling out Rodney Harrison for being "the dirtiest player in the league".  In fact, I recall pats fans embracing it. 

My how story changes when the shoe is on the other foot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I totally get and understand Brady putting his foot up in the air like he did Sunday.  If you recall when they played against the Ravens when Brady and Lewis got in that little face to face conversation the NFL network likes to keep replaying.  On that play Brady ran up field and went into a slide and a Ravens player flopped on Brady when he was on the ground and got a flag for it.  I'm pretty sure Brady remembered that and put his leg up to prevent that this time.  Nobody brings this up of course as they like to bash the Patriots every chance they get.

If it was suh who tried the kung fu kick he would have been fined, but because it's tom lady everyone turns a blind eye.

And of course you understand brady doing it, you are a patsies fan.

[/QUOTE]

Um, I believe Suh has a reputation for doing these kinds of things only worse.  Brady doesn't.  Big difference when you campare the two but I guess for someone who has an agenda such as yourself can't see that. Troll!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

test

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Comparing pollard to Harrison is asinine... After Rodney hit Carson Palmer and hurt his knee he cleaned up his act.  You idiots bringing Harrison into this haven't named 1 fg example of Harrison making a dirty hitwhile playing for pats. 

Meanwhile Rodney was the RECIPIENT if dirty crackback that blew out his knee against Pittsburgh! 

Talking about Brady's kick slide is even dumber.  It was a stupid defensive move by Brady, nothing more.  No injury, no intent. 

news flash.. Running and launching your helmet like a missile causes injury.  Watch pollard replay again dimwits.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Comparing pollard to Harrison is asinine... After Rodney hit Carson Palmer and hurt his knee he cleaned up his act.  You idiots bringing Harrison into this haven't named 1 fg example of Harrison making a dirty hitwhile playing for pats. 

Meanwhile Rodney was the RECIPIENT if dirty crackback that blew out his knee against Pittsburgh! 

Talking about Brady's kick slide is even dumber.  It was a stupid defensive move by Brady, nothing more.  No injury, no intent. 

news flash.. Running and launching your helmet like a missile causes injury.  Watch pollard replay again dimwits.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Um, I believe Suh has a reputation for doing these kinds of things only worse.  Brady doesn't.  Big difference when you campare the two but I guess for someone who has an agenda such as yourself can't see that. Troll!

LOL, so because I have a different opinion than you I'm a troll? Too funny.

And while I do agree that suh has a reputation, there is still a double standard, whether you admit to it or not.

[/QUOTE]

You are a troll babe. Sometimes you're a funny one, but still a troll.