The real elephant in the room.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: The real elephant in the room.

TB with 50, 41, 52 pass attempts the last 3 weeks ... All W-I-N-S with 2nd half comebacks.

So much for the disproved theory that 40+ attempts = defeat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The O-line. These guys look absolutely terrible way too much. A 4 man rush is eating them alive much of the time.

[/QUOTE]

They are terrible.........

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ummm...defeat or eeked out wins. This was clearly an eeked out win with an onside kick and a gift PI call.

We ain't getting of Rd 1 with that crap from the offense through 3 qtrs at home. Won't happen.

My god, do you lack IQ.  

[/QUOTE]

A win is a win.  You can't take this one down.  The defense got torched again.  Brady's receivers had jelly on their fingers.  Brady threw over 35 times.

Pats win.

Don't you hate when your pre and early season preachings are completely dismantled for all to see?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

This has been a problem since the 2007 superbowl. The Giants completely destroyed the Oline that day and they have been an achilies heal in the biggest games and against tough defensive fronts ever since.

I've been saying the O-Line sucks since the 2007 SB. They absolutely collapse against a good D.

I'm surprised to see a thread where people are finally starting to see that because usually when I bring it up there is either dead air or denial.  Even better I don't know how many times fans here have come out and said they are one of the best lines in the league which is a bad joke. 

Brady has among the fastest release times in the league and the Pats play out of the shotgun to give him more time.  For some reason the refuse to run 2 back sets with Devlin to stay in and block. Blame McDaniels for that I guess.

It's always fun to watch Solder block no one as D linemen and linebackers stunt and confuse him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the real elephant in the room is that there is a lot of areas on this team that aren't very good, but but a great quaterback and a great coach cover up a lot of it (thank god). Today I watched our offensive line look like they have all season...poor. Then I watch our defense send four guys on a rush and have their offensive line form a perfect pocket for Campbell to throw in all day, that's not good football. Hey with Gronk out for the year, at least it won't be a surprise when the first team that walks into our stadium in January kicks us in the teeth, because for the last ten years we've all been so surprised that has happened.

Our season didn't end today when Gronk went down, it ended in April when we did nothing in free agency for the fifth year in a row.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the real elephant in the room is that there is a lot of areas on this team that aren't very good, but but a great quaterback and a great coach cover up a lot of it (thank god). Today I watched our offensive line look like they have all season...poor. Then I watch our defense send four guys on a rush and have their offensive line form a perfect pocket for Campbell to throw in all day, that's not good football. Hey with Gronk out for the year, at least it won't be a surprise when the first team that walks into our stadium in January kicks us in the teeth, because for the last ten years we've all been so surprised that has happened.

Our season didn't end today when Gronk went down, it ended in April when we did nothing in free agency for the fifth year in a row.

[/QUOTE]

You should've stopped watching in April Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to gogogopats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like to torture myself...I've been doing it for ten years now while the best GM ever ruins this team...piece, by piece.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nobody needs to stop watching but anyone who can't admit the failures of this GM in FA AND the draft, obviously needs a laxative as you are FOS.

This has to go down as the worst off-season ever and the worst team around a HoF QB in history.

Thank you BBYell

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We never give the other team, credit.

[/QUOTE]

The only defense that ever gets credit is NE's,  lol. The rest all just sit there while Brady screws up. .. because he is sooooo bad. Lol.

[/QUOTE]

What?

Our D was raped of a fumble recovery, Brady's two INTs and the idea that the putrid offense carried over into the 3rd qtr.

THe only reason we came back vs Denver is because the offense responded in the 3rd qtr.

You idiots put every single thing on the D after constant strong play.  Meanwhile, the offense makes fools of themselves at home for those 3 qtrs and you excuse them.

How can you be so phony all the time?

Josh Gordon makes one play the entire game and it's the end of the world and Brady has numerous chances to help our team as the QB over 3 qtrs and you think it's doesn't matter.

So many poor throws and bad reads. That's not on anyone but Brady. Or, give some credit to Cleveland's D.

[/QUOTE]

Brady had one interception - again, do you watch the games?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

The O-line has been over-rated and inconsistent for several years now. I can recall during this preseason many posters saying we have a top 5 O-line. The struggles of the O-line the past few years just underscores how inept Belichick is as GM. He has TB to minimize many of the flaws of the offensive line and BB has one of the best O-line coaches in the league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nobody needs to stop watching but anyone who can't admit the failures of this GM in FA AND the draft, obviously needs a laxative as you are FOS.

This has to go down as the worst off-season ever and the worst team around a HoF QB in history.

Thank you BBYell

[/QUOTE]

LOL calm down man. I'm not saying BB is perfect.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

I agree that our O-line is not good enough to win a Super Bowl.  

But I still think the biggest hole we have is WR.  Look at Gordon from the woeful Browns, and compare him to the shlubs we have.  Amendola, supposedly a replacement for Welker, has "2" TDs on the year. 

The lack of elite WRs is the reason why our season is over now that our TE is out for the year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We never give the other team, credit.

[/QUOTE]

Well, Rusty certainly doesn't when it comes to Brady, I'll give you that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wendell shouldn't be a starting lineman in the NFL. Connolly either. Vollmer is gone, and Svitek shouldn't be either. 

NE only has two real starting O-lineman. One is only an adequate pass blocker in Mankins.

The other has been inconsistent this season, in Solder. 

NE *needs* to address this in the draft. They never really dominate the LOS, but get dominated by good front sevens. I'm tired of seeing it. 

You can't run and you can't pass if your O-line isn't getting its job done.

[/QUOTE]

and it isnt....

[/QUOTE]

Well, at least not consistently. 

They really wilt against good fronts. It's been the same for a long time. 

NE needs, crucially needs, to address this in the draft with quality selections (1st/2nd).

They need talent in the trenches on both sides, really. NE just isn't a team that wins at the LOS very often. 

[/QUOTE]

This is true.

I have said for years that the O-line were overachievers, but also overrated. This well kept secret was exposed only occasionally in the past, usually at the worst time. But this year it's obvious.

This is my greatest fear in the playoffs. Give Brady some time and he can keep you in and probably win most any game. But these guys are just too inconsistent to believe that decent protection will happen all the way to a Lombardi.

And this is also indicative of the huge cost of all those bad defensive picks from BB. When you have to keep drafting for D year after year because of bad misses, other areas suffer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The O-line has been over-rated and inconsistent for several years now. I can recall during this preseason many posters saying we have a top 5 O-line. The struggles of the O-line the past few years just underscores how inept Belichick is as GM. He has TB to minimize many of the flaws of the offensive line and BB has one of the best O-line coaches in the league.

[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right about the offensive line - put Bledsoe behind it and we give up the most sacks in the NFL. Brady gets rid of that ball quick and does as good a job sliding away from pressure as Marino used to...he is so underrated in his ability to find that tiny little space behind that line where he can set his feet and throw the ball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LMAO, Mels-witless with NO PROOF AGAIN.  Who woulda thunk? oh, yeah - everyone knows that about mels-witless

he's just mad cuz Brady, even with his off game, helped w/ a comeback win

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Look...there's a Jet's troll for Phat Rex, one for Fletcherbrook, one for Section 136, and last and certainly not least, one for BUST-CHISE!!!!

[/QUOTE]

LOOK. NO EVIDENCE - how stupid do you feel?  oh, wait....since ur so stupid...u wouldn't know, would u?

[/QUOTE]

Would you please put him on ignore... he never has anything interesting to say and just spams the same saying or picture.... suck to have him on ignore and have to see it anyway.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought it ended with the final episode of Breaking  Bad

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This is the worst the o line has looked in a decade, coincidentally it is the worst the d line has looked in a decade.Both are due to injury but it is what is. Lets just hope that somehow we can overcome these glaring holes, change our offense to a 3 receiver set, teach ridley ball control so we can get back a semblance of a run game, figure out a new redzone threat as we just lost the best TE in the league, pray to God to somehow find a player that can get within 3 yards of an opposing QB on the pass rush, and somehow start scoring points in the 1st half of football games. 

If we can solve all these problems we should have a chance.....of winning a playoff game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought it ended with the final episode of Breaking  Bad

[/QUOTE]

i miss that show

[/QUOTE]

Just like your Jests, constantly missing the playoffs