The real question....When do we get back to the SuperBowl?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

The real question....When do we get back to the SuperBowl?

The over/under is 3 years. Over or under New England.....????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: The real question....When do we get back to the SuperBowl?

This year or next.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to The real question....When do we get back to the SuperBowl?:
    The over/under is 3 years. Over or under New England.....????
    Posted by seanblaze

next year, assuming no lockout.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Just call it a womans intuition but not for 3 years

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aluvium. Show aluvium's posts

I think we get back in the next two years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

We need one more draft and then the Pats will be off to the races. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: The real question....When do we get back to the SuperBowl?:
    We need one more draft and then the Pats will be off to the races. 
    Posted by garytx

I am thinking the same, but there's another assumption that I did not mention...that a rookie salary cap changes the way that bb goes about drafting players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

When the Pats start picking up some real talent in the FA market and stop making stupid 1st rd picks!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

How many years does Brady have in the tank?  Maybe 4? Let's hopr the plan is before 3 years

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Getting to the Super Bowl this year would be a nice surprise. I still think we are a year away and will say next year barring any lockout in 2011. Otherwise 2012 for sure, and could see us go on a run kinda like the beginning of last decade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

2011 if the first round draft picks ( DE and a running back) produce right away.

2012 id they need a year to develop.

We will be helped along by the total collapes of the Dolfins and Jets.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

the 12th of never, i hope

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

tomorrow, and the next day, this year is it.. believe it, dont hate it, dont scrutinise it, believe in it and it shall happen

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Why not this year? The AFC isn't all that impressive as a whole. If we stay healthy we will contend. The Steelers are a mess, The Jets don't scare me any more than they did last year and as usual the Colts will be the measuring stick when we play them.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Honestly they could get back there this year because there are enough good players on their team it is more a question of how good other teams are and injuries etc.  If there is no lockout I would be willing to bet 2011 if I had to put a specific season down. I think they play in the AFC CHampionship game this year as long as the injury bug doesn't sink them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Hello,

Just because the patriots are doing it the right way I am going to say 2010.

My reasoning;

1) They got rid of all the pollution and signed quality YOUNG Vets as a foundation for there future success.

- Wilfork
    - Bodden
    - Banta Cain
    - Damion Lewis
    - Warren
    - Patten
    - Holt

- None of these player have been recognized as pre madonas.

2) Instead of drafting big names for speed they have drafted high quality leaders, with instincts that come from a good program that knows how to win.

3) Brady and Moss know it is there last year to be great and i think this will drive them to be as successful as they have ever been, just because it may be the last chance they both get.

4) I have a feeling BB is going to have a sick rotation on defense and a lot of younger player are going to step up because they have a legitamate chance to play football... Piere Woods and Sean Crable should be hitting the gym 24/7...

i think the current roster turn over shows that the patriots are investing in good solid young men on and off the field that share love for the game...

That should bring some good carma... as they have shifted from building the team through free agency to building the team through the draft and beefing it up with VETS as they started to do in 2001

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Its funny......I heard Berman, Jackson, McShay, Jaws, all atleasy once say we are in a rebuildng mode. Just incase anyone forgot we won the AFC East last season. The Patriots are the only team i know with the exception (i'm going to hell for saying this) of the yankees (gulp!) that can win their division & rebuild on the fly. Impressive.

Will this be the year we take a step backwards to take a step forward? I still say we are competitive, but with the Jets & Dolphins adding some nice pieces i think the AFC East crown is going to be a dogfight......

January of 2012......Pencil us in for the Superbowl! Brady that cagey Vet does it again!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

In Response to Re: The real question....When do we get back to the SuperBowl?:
    My guess is this year or next.. But the window is closing on Brady and Moss while the revolving door spins on a new era with the focus being back on the D... Whether we admit it or not.  The Jets look good on paper and are making ALL the necessary moves that head in a good direction for their franchise.  Sanchez has young proven weapons & that defense was #1 last season.
    Posted by 617AcrossDaBoard

Yeah but Sanchez SUX!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I know this is every NFL fan's typical response but I'll say it anyway:

We were a few plays away from being a 12 or 13 win team. In three or four of our losses, had we scored a touchdown instead of the customary field goal, chances are we win those games.

Some of you have already alluded to this but the AFC isn't as strong. Colts will be around, Chargers will be around but I see them falling this year to a degree. Of course, it's the NFL and you'll have your one or two sleepers that pull of 10-11 games. Baltimore, to me, is the cream of the AFC right now. Dolphins scare me more than the Jets. The Jets are that team every pundit picks after a season but the last time one of those actually panned out was...guess who, New England (during the dynasty years). They're the sexy pick but ESPN will eat those words. If Henne matures even more as a pocket QB, look out for Miami.

I think we finish 12-4. This year, we've addressed the weaknesses that caused us to lose close games last year. Plus, Brady has a full season under his belt after his surgery.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

We won't make it back until we have a running game worth talking about. Whether that's through FA, Draft, or our current roster flipping some switch, it won't happen.

We also need a D that's angry. Until we have a D that is ready to go out and kill you, it won't happen.

Those are really the only two things wrong with NE right now. Everything else in my mind is right where it should be (some might say the O-line needs it, but I think we're ok for a little longer, and can add depth/talent there as soon as our other needs are met).