The reality

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The reality

It's a shame I gave up drinking.

After watching this debacle, drunk and melancholy doesn't sound so bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

The reality

I think the Superbowl loss hurt even more in week 1 when Brady got hurt as if they had beaten the Giants then it wouldn't have hurt as bad b/c they could still say they won last year, but in reality they haven't won since the 04/05 season and they let golden opportunities to add to more trophies in 06/07 and the lost opportunities hurt even more now b/c now we don't know when or if the Patriots will ever get back to the top of the mountain. You have to thankful for the ones they got in 01, 03, 04, but also bitter b/c the 06, 07 titles were there for the taking and they were given away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

The reality

you lose the reigning league mvp, things are going to be tough--the pats are 3-2 and need to adjust to make the playoffs, maybe o'connell gives them a shot in the arm? nevertheless, the pats are the pats of old next year when brady takes over-

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The reality

Silly thread... If Brady was here we would be undefeated. The defense has been on the field all day long because Matt Cassel can't convert on third downs, what Tom does better than anyone. The run isn't over, next year is a new one and Kevin OConnel could possibly be good enough to salvage this one. My only criticism would be to hire a new offensive coordinator for next year, McDaniel lost the superbowl for us last year and doesn't have the skill to train a new guy the way Weiss did with Brady.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from willt65. Show willt65's posts

The reality

Teams play differently when they don't have confidence that they will score points. I don't see the killer instinct from the Pats right now. Losing Brady has shaken their confidence both offensively and defensively. The Pats got used to scoring on nearly every drive and getting out to an early lead, therefore putting pressure on the other team. That advantage is gone now. This does not look like a confident team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from deckbose. Show deckbose's posts

The reality

I feel sorry for those posters that think when Brady comes back next year, everything will be swell. And that's not even to enter the discussion of whether Brady can return from such a serious knee injury (it doesn't happen often). More to the point is the embarrassment that the Patriots have become. The old and immobile defense, the ineffective offense (led by a visibly disinterested Moss and Cassell, a lifelong second-stringer) and the overall lack of energy and attack that is the 2008 New England Patriots.

Did they simply give up when Brady went down, or were these deficiencies brewing all along? No team stays on top forever, and the Pats' run was long and fruitful.

But IT IS OVER. Look at the Rams. Remember the Greatest Show on Turf? How they're celebrating their first win of the season like it's the seventh game of the World Series. That's how far they've fallen.

Why should the Pats be any different?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The reality

The Greatest Show on Turf succeeded for two years. The Patriots have dominated this century.

Why should the Pats be any different?

Because the organization is run efficiently from the top down. Perhaps wholesale changes do need to be made (or perhaps not), but do not expect the Patriots to be anywhere near where the Rams are now anytime soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The reality

rcap/deckbose: I concur. In fact, I've been posting much of the same. Don't get me wrong, I love the Pats. However, it's time to anny up. It's just too bad the team went out on this note- losing a Super Bowl to that team from ny and becoming so bad this quickly.

It's hard to hold a group like they had together, which is why they should NEVER take the SB trips for granted, like I believe they did last year.

R-E-B-U-I-L-D. There, I said it. Oh, well.

There is no running game- period. Maroney is not the answer. Stop telling us how good he is when he plays, partricularly when he hardly does!

The CB's are horrible. Any QB can score on the Pats. In fact, the entire secondary is atrocious!

The O-line has been suspect since the start of this year. (Now, their starting QB is out.) Are they supposed to be better next year? More holes?

Contracts will play a role, as there are so many holes to fill.

However, it was a lot of fun, while it lasted. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The reality

[Quote]Teams play differently when they don't have confidence that they will score points. I don't see the killer instinct from the Pats right now. Losing Brady has shaken their confidence both offensively and defensively. The Pats got used to scoring on nearly every drive and getting out to an early lead, therefore putting pressure on the other team. That advantage is gone now. This does not look like a confident team.[/Quote]

I know it's fun to think that if Brady were playing, they'd be running up the scores. However, the team didn't look good in their last 5 games at the end of last year. It carried over through the off-season and translated into their QB be subtracted from the team.

Let's be honest, there are too many holes to fill. They cannot run and/or stop the run. They cannot protect their QB. They cannot stop the pass. In fact, they cannot score more than they give up, by game and/or in total.

Brady is not going to fix all of this, simply put. In fact, he'll have been out for quite a bit. He's in his 30's, now. If it takes the team a few years to build up, ole Tom will be making a few final runs. I believe the plug-n-play days are over, as there are too many aspects of the game that lack.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

The reality

[Quote]rcap/deckbose: I concur. In fact, I've been posting much of the same. Don't get me wrong, I love the Pats. However, it's time to anny up. It's just too bad the team went out on this note- losing a Super Bowl to that team from ny and becoming so bad this quickly.

It's hard to hold a group like they had together, which is why they should NEVER take the SB trips for granted, like I believe they did last year.

R-E-B-U-I-L-D. There, I said it. Oh, well.

There is no running game- period. Maroney is not the answer. Stop telling us how good he is when he plays, partricularly when he hardly does!

The CB's are horrible. Any QB can score on the Pats. In fact, the entire secondary is atrocious!

The O-line has been suspect since the start of this year. (Now, their starting QB is out.) Are they supposed to be better next year? More holes?

Contracts will play a role, as there are so many holes to fill.

However, it was a lot of fun, while it lasted. :)[/Quote]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

The reality

I agree that NE will not go anywhere this year. In fact, I don't think it would have gone anywhere even with TB. TB's presence would have covered up many the weaknesses, but probably not enough to sustain an SB run.

On the positive side, TB is young enough for a couple more SBs. And the recent events have uncovered the weaknesses early enough that they can retool the team before TB gets too old. I must also say that if they are to retool, they need to achieve better balance.

I agree with other threads. The O line needs to be rebuilt. I don't know if we have the wrong players or there is something missing in the coaching, but this O line would have gotten TB injured sooner or later. And for some reason, they can't run block well.

However, for me, the D is a bigger concern. It's just not scary. Unlike back in the bend but don't break days, they break now. They are not able to rush the QB enough. That just exposes the secondary. They compensate by cheating and that leads to giving up substantial rush yards. Opponents are able to convert too many third downs.

But that's not even what bothers me about the D. What really bothers me about the D is the lack of fire. And it goes all the way back to last year. I am not sure if the focus on TB and the spectacular offense last year just made the D feel like second class citizens. Of course it's always possible that they are just older and slower now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

The reality

The ONLY thing that I'm depressed about is from MY TRUE fellow PAT's FANS that were duped by this Thread... Listen Troll, Ya did good, Particularly impressive was such use lulling most of the REGULARS to sleep with the length of your POST. KUDOS, too, on the little DETAILS such as saying the PATS had "squeeked out 3 Superbowls" and calling People (i.e. your "friends" from Massachusetts) "MASS-HOLES". Great use of ADJECTIVES and KEEPING the FRIENDSHIP FACTOR alive with "Us's" and "We's"... YOU even "pardoned" your candor (well, not in so many words, cause you're an imbecile), but anyway, you "apologized" for saying such anti-Patriot things because you were "drunk"...IMPRESSIVE. IN ALL, REGULARS like CT PAT, PRAIRIEMIKE, BELENUS, and WOZZY, YOU GUYS SHOULD BE ABSOLUTELY ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. I EXPECT MORE FROM YOU GUYS, KEEPING THIS THREAD ALIVE FOR SO LONG.
    p.s. IF "R CAP-238 2" is really DRIZ, please write back 'casue I gotta know how You's Been?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

The reality

[Quote]Silly thread... If Brady was here we would be undefeated. The defense has been on the field all day long because Matt Cassel can't convert on third downs, what Tom does better than anyone. The run isn't over, next year is a new one and Kevin OConnel could possibly be good enough to salvage this one. My only criticism would be to hire a new offensive coordinator for next year, McDaniel lost the superbowl for us last year and doesn't have the skill to train a new guy the way Weiss did with Brady.[/Quote]While your at it hire a new D-coorinator Pee's s**ks!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mwjmckenzie. Show mwjmckenzie's posts

The reality

I blame B.B. There is a certain arrogance in thinking you can make a credible run at a successful season with a life-long back-up who was lousy even in preseason. Cassell never showed the desire or ability to lead this team and thinking he could be taught (after 4 years) to "manage" the team to wins was spitting into the wind. The idea that B.B. wouldn't even seriously consider bringing in experienced QBs after Brady went down is the height of myopia. For God's sakes, even Culpepper, with all his problems, would have offered a measure of excitement and kept things interesting. While there are other problems besides Cassell, he is supposed to be the spark. Right. Never happen in this lifetime...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

The reality

[Quote]Sean:

You are right, no excuses. I was responding to what wozzy and sonny were posting without having read the original posting in detail as I should have.

My mistake.
    [/Quote]

I know You's better den dat B... On a different topic, There was a Jack the Ripper program on the History Channel on Saturday Night (yea, No Girlfriend these days), anyway, I think I'm going to quit everything, and spend my time trying to solve who He really was... I have my suspicions, Has to do with what Police Chief erased from the wall, and who Jack the Ripper sent the Liver too, and why He sent a Liver in the first place... Has to do with what was happening in that London Burrough, all the immigrants coming in, and who the immigrant's were, and why He abruptly stopped out of nowhere (serial Killer's just don't STOP! Unless, I'm thinking, their overall aims at WHY they're doing it, are being corrupted-IN this case, IT forced Queen Victoria to ACCEPT the people their, and Try to BETTER their Living Conditions-rather than send them packing... ANYWAY, I think It was an ANTI-SEMITIC CATHOLIC/CHRISTIAN PRIEST FROM THAT VERY BURROUGH that committed all those crimes! Your THOUGHTS BELENUS (this is what I spend my time on)?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffg316. Show jeffg316's posts

The reality

The reality is Delta O'neal needs to go, they need to invest in half way decent corners. The O-Line is in shambles, they need to toughen up the middle. And Cassel needs a shock collar, so when it is time to dump the ball they can hit it and he knows to get rid of it. That 1st and goal last night in the beginning of the second half made me sick. The red sea parted on the right side for him to run in and he just sat there. 2nd and goal he throws at a guys feet. Then the 3rd and goal he really looked like a 9 yr old playing pop warner, abesolutely clueless. He doesn't have a clue and they just need to start the rookie just to see how he will fair. We know what cassel can do, or should I say can't.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

The reality

Sorry cap, not cool in squeeking out wins, and the Masshole, Lot's of Trolls past 24 Hours, even Trolls on YOUR THREAD here agreeing with YOU, what was else would one conclude?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

The reality

sonny o..who do you want as the new offensive coordinator ? What would he have done with Cassel ? Give me a name if you know so much about coaching. How is weiss doing at notre Dame ? he's a great coach no ? His success in Ne had nothing to do with Brady ? Because he is coaching great now as well ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonypvd. Show tonypvd's posts

The reality

The Defense is getting old by the Minute. We need to get younger next year. We can really forget about this year.

Unfortunately, Patriots management didn't add anyone to help in the Secondary. The Secondary is making an average QB look like Joe Montana.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonypvd. Show tonypvd's posts

The reality

[Quote]For the 3rd week in a row I'll say "Has anyone seen Mike Vrabel". He has fallen off the planet and so has our pass rush.[/Quote]
    Where is Mike Vrabel?. Is he on vacation? Has anyone told Mike that the season started already?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

The reality

Hey Belenus and 'Ol guide, I'll talk about Jack the Ripper in the "Time Out" section, So Anyone who's interested can go there and we don't screw up the Patriot Threads.