The reason Asante

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prophet76. Show Prophet76's posts

The reason Asante

I know this isn't the most relevant post but I just wanted to put my two cents out there and gather some opinions as this tidbit of information seems to have slipped by some who follow the Pats even on a diehard basis. Consider the following and decide if you would want Asante on your team... 

"BOLTON - Asante Samuel did not join his Patriots teammates at Marquise Hill’s wake Friday in New Orleans, nor did he attend the funeral, according to several people who were at the services. He also won’t be in Foxboro today for the team’s mandatory minicamp, his agent said last night. “He’s not coming to camp until a contract resolution can be reached,” agent Alonzo Shavers said. “Nothing more can be said. His status has not changed. There has been no movement toward a deal.”

Personally I think it's disgusting that Asante would lump a funeral and wake of a fallen team member into the category of a team activity and I believe this also had something to do with the Pats letting him walk. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: The reason Asante "Get Paid" Samuel was not signed by the Pats...

You forgot option 3 on your poll.  The one that says:

"It happened 3 yrs ago.  Get over it and move on."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

The more AS talks the more I dislike him. Every time a Pat player has a contract issue he runs his mouth saying the Pats are cheap blah, blah, blah. He is a punk that can't cover or hit and as we all know he has hands of stone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In Response to The reason Asante "Get Paid" Samuel was not signed by the Pats...:
    [QUOTE]I know this isn't the most relative post but I just wanted to put my two cents out there and gather some opinions as this tidbit of information seems to have slipped by some who follow the Pats even on a diehard basis. Consider the following and decide if you would want Asante on your team...  "BOLTON - Asante Samuel did not join his Patriots teammates at Marquise Hill’s wake Friday in New Orleans, nor did he attend the funeral, according to several people who were at the services. He also won’t be in Foxboro today for the team’s mandatory minicamp, his agent said last night. “He’s not coming to camp until a contract resolution can be reached,” agent Alonzo Shavers said. “Nothing more can be said. His status has not changed. There has been no movement toward a deal.” Personally I think it's disgusting that Asante would lump a funeral and wake of a fallen team member into the category of a team activity and I believe this also had something to do with the Pats letting him walk.   
    Posted by Prophet76[/QUOTE]

2007 called. They want their post back...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

We have a better corner in McCourty who cares?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: The reason Asante "Get Paid" Samuel was not signed by the Pats...:
    [QUOTE]The more AS talks the more I dislike him. Every time a Pat player has a contract issue he runs his mouth saying the Pats are cheap blah, blah, blah. He is a punk that can't cover or hit and as we all know he has hands of stone.
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]

How true.  He is the poster child for someone who should not talk too much.  His language skills are right up there with a 3 year old child.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: The reason Asante

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: The reason Asante:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

WhenTH did THIS happen?!?  And why am I always the last to know?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OriginalPudge. Show OriginalPudge's posts

WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

move on....

Where is Doc Brown? He was on another thread yesteday and somehow I believe he is messing with us!

Now back to the future!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

WOW!!! lol offseason Posts RULE!!!! Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

The guys with the most INT's in the last 4 years has hands of stone?!  Yeah, I know we are mad he didnt snag that one in SB 42, but its sounds pretty lame when you say innacurate stuff just because you dislike someone.  The last 2 years here in N.E., I saw noone complaining saying he couldnt cover or hit.   Jeez!  Why do you guys always have to include your personal feelings.  He had a great year and wanted to get paid and we didnt want to pay him, yet he got his payday...Stop whining from your couch and acting like you wouldnt take the contract if you had a chance...its not cute!  and it makes you sound bitter.  Every player cant retire a Pat. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]The guys with the most INT's in the last 4 years has hands of stone?!  Yeah, I know we are mad he didnt snag that one in SB 42, but its sounds pretty lame when you say innacurate stuff just because you dislike someone.  The last 2 years here in N.E., I saw noone complaining saying he couldnt cover or hit.   Jeez!  Why do you guys always have to include your personal feelings.  He had a great year and wanted to get paid and we didnt want to pay him, yet he got his payday...Stop whining from your couch and acting like you wouldnt take the contract if you had a chance...its not cute!  and it makes you sound bitter.  Every player cant retire a Pat. 
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

You are ABSO-lutely and 100% wrong here...
    No, lmao...In NO way does Asante Samuel have "Hands of stone".

BUT, are ya NEW here?!?  I've been b!tching and screaming and doing posts on Asante threads since Day #f'n-1, that Asante can't hit or tackle, jesus.  YES, Asante is FAN-freakin'-TASTIC at getting INTs (except ironically, the single 1 that mattered most in his career and for his former team in the SB).  Asante IS a gambler Jay...This does and can NOT work in Belichick's particular defensive system where every single other guy utterly HAS to depend on the one next to him...  I'm not sayin' that Asante isn't in sum total a benefit for whatever team that he's on, BUT in jumping routes attempting to make the pick 6, Asante gives up big plays at times, in being the maverick...times when he SHOULD simply be playing his man under the knowledge that on said particular play he doesn't have any help over the top in a deep-field Safety...

But TACKLING?!?  DAY NUMBER ONE from me (and I've been here like 7 or 8 years)!  25 TOTAL Tackles from Asante Samule last year...  Devin McCourty (the TOTAL Reason WHY I luv him)=something like 86 Total Tackles...  McCourty does things like tear through his receiver attemptiing to block him at the LOS when a run is heading his way, and McCourty doesn't even do some duck-and-swipe tackle that even the willing-in-run-support CBs do against that RB, McCourty goes head on...  McCourty does things like when he's in zone coverage, and noone's within his coverage bubble, but some eliible receiver's on the outskirts, McCourty edges a fraction of a few feet the other way, attempting to bait the QB, to throwing to the man that may or may not be in HIS coverage area (just near it), ALL within the knowledge that McCourty KNOWS that his own read and react change of direction skills are superb enough to either come away with the ball, or break up the play, and have that team waste a down...

~THIS is a shutdown CB, that YES-I've been singing since PRE 2010-combine...AND when McCourty's due for a HUGE payday, I WILL cry if he doesn't get it by NE...  McCourty's EXACTLY what I LOVED about Ty Law, yet imho McCourty's even already his equal or better in pure pass-coverage and his equal in run-support (Law with somewhat better hands...which can be worked on no prob by DMC).

Asante Samuel=ALWAYS...always, except lmao, HIS contract year in NE before NE franchised him for a year-Asante Samuel=ALWAYS in the bottom third to even bottom quarter of ALL CBs (even freakin' some nickel Bs off the bench), IN TTs...  Asante's TTs, he!!-even Asante's INTs weren't sh!t until the year before his coontract year in NE...His first 3 years were garbage, THEN he worked on his hands and jumped his routes, and STILL didn't help in run-support (heck, Asante doesn't even help in pass support when some other defender's guy gets the ball), THEN Asante drops the most impt INT he'll ever need to get, and he subsequently wants A#1 shutdown top cb in all the NFL=MONEY...  I ain't angry at Asante, but ya just gotta realize 1 extra INT a year (McCourty=6, Asante=7)-whoopee...Ain't worth his simply massive paycheck &  cap hit given his shortcomings...   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Thanks Laz,, but my point is he doesnt have hands of stone.  I dont want him back and im happy with McCourty, but neither has anything to do with the other.  I heard noone complaining when he was leaving his man to intercept balls going to other recievers, something he did twice when playing chicago and had 3 pics....but that irrelevent, it was Rex throwing, but the point is, we didnt see him missing a bunch of tackles or anything and teams running on him all day it was a matter of Rodney running around hitting everything.. and when asante wanted to hit you, he could absoutely lay the wood but he only did it like 4 times a year, but Deion Sanders is considered the best cover CB of all time and never thought to tackle anyone.  He makes Asante looks like Takeo Spikes...so I still dont see why you have to bash Asante to praise McCourty...lets leave it seperate is it should be....all in all the guys won 2 championships and will go down as a very good player but not all CB's play like linebackers,...yeah you have ur few out there like Revis (who still whiffs at times)  the kid who started out in BUffalo and ended up in Minny (cant think of his name) but more than likely most CB's are like Cromratie...they dont like to takle, they are paid to cover people and Asante has the most pics of any player in the last few years, so those t/o's cnat be discounted, cuz they give your team an extra possesion..   Also, the system he is in now in Philly is not the same as in N.E.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Laz,, but my point is he doesnt have hands of stone.  I dont want him back and im happy with McCourty, but neither has anything to do with the other.  I heard noone complaining when he was leaving his man to intercept balls going to other recievers, something he did twice when playing chicago and had 3 pics....but that irrelevent, it was Rex throwing, but the point is, we didnt see him missing a bunch of tackles or anything and teams running on him all day it was a matter of Rodney running around hitting everything.. and when asante wanted to hit you, he could absoutely lay the wood but he only did it like 4 times a year, but Deion Sanders is considered the best cover CB of all time and never thought to tackle anyone.  He makes Asante looks like Takeo Spikes...so I still dont see why you have to bash Asante to praise McCourty...lets leave it seperate is it should be....all in all the guys won 2 championships and will go down as a very good player but not all CB's play like linebackers,...yeah you have ur few out there like Revis (who still whiffs at times)  the kid who started out in BUffalo and ended up in Minny (cant think of his name) but more than likely most CB's are like Cromratie...they dont like to takle, they are paid to cover people and Asante has the most pics of any player in the last few years, so those t/o's cnat be discounted, cuz they give your team an extra possesion..   Also, the system he is in now in Philly is not the same as in N.E.

Excellent post Jay...No WAY can Asante's INT skills and hands be understated.
    Lol, I think I'm like an old school guy, b/c CB was completely my favorite position to play.  I just loved being on an island poising myself up against some dude who thought he was a diva stud receiver who could make anything happen once he caught the ball...  Luv those coverage corners who got ALL the covering skills, AND the b#lls to say, "Oh no, You can't run here either...no, I won't allow it, b/c I'll bust through your prissy lil' wideout and light up your runningback too. In fact this whole half of the field is off limits to you guys."  THIS is what I saw, and DID in ya-Class double SS (think that's super-duper small)-High School Football (oh, and the backyard...so lol, I got that on my resume too).  But seriously, THIS is what I saw in Ty Law, and from Day #1, what I believed I could see in Devin McCourty from watching all his game films and following a million of his (and everyone's) scouting profiles...  Lo and behold, a minor miracle happened-Imo, New England's got themselves a freakin' stud COMPLETE game true shutdown CB (course I'm a tad biased)... Cornerback for some reason to me, offers and exemplifies that true grace of body agility, speed, and totally refined ability when you're mirroring that guy and has that beautiful lonesome terror that IF you screw up just once, it'll be devastating... THEN, for all the great CBs imo, it couples this grace and very intricate refined skill set, WITH that ferocity to rip through your man, and take on a ball-carrier head-on going in your direction with a few blockers out in front...

of note: I see (of any guy in the 2011 Draft), a little of DMC in Colorado's unheralded CB (not Jimmy Smith), but Jalil Brown...  Good coverage, and smash-mouth (Brown bites just a little too much on a few play-action plays, b/c he wants to help out so much to stop WHERE-ever the play's headed...nuthin' wrong with that desire imo, all things considered). 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

...also, I unfortunately, see none of it in Darius Butler.  Wish I did, b/c UConn's my alma mater.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I feel you Laz, I too played CB in High school,  but it was more zone, stay in the flat, rather than man to man, but I was someone who put my head down and hit you, even though I was never too comfortable in pads, and was more of a street player(on grass) 

The issue is , some players are just not built to play the run, and althought I've seen Asante lay Ricky Williams out one play, he also got hurt trying to do that against the Rams in 04.  so there is a certain risk if you dont have the right body.  Ty Law as we know was built very thick and had no probem choppping down fullbacks in the flat.  I wont say DMC is as thick as Law, but he has a similar built and not like most CB's....more like a safety so this allows him to by successful at being pshysical.  So I hear you....just for shyts n giggles, when I saw Wilhite in training camp for the 1st time, I thought he could replicate what Ty Law did albiet not nearly as well, and turns out he couldnt even hold his own on the outside....so, its def. a unique thing to have and most teams covet it but not everyone has it....We are very lucky to have landed McCourty...and hopefully if Bodden is healthy next year we will have a nice duo of hard hitting CB's who can also cover....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

And you are right, Butler is too fragile and soft to ever be that.  He played WR in college which is why I always doubted he would succeed here.  He looked good at mirroring recievers in his 1st year, but somewhere along the line his techniques suffered and at this point I fear he is not better than a dime back, cuz playing the nickel requires the skill to play a WR for inside and oustide moves which I feel he is overwhelmed at as well....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reloadedagent31. Show Reloadedagent31's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The reason Asante : You are ABSO-lutely and 100% wrong here... No, lmao...In NO way does Asante Samuel have "Hands of stone". BUT, are ya NEW here?!?  I've been b!tching and screaming and doing posts on Asante threads since Day #f'n-1, that Asante can't hit or tackle, jesus.  YES, Asante is FAN-freakin'-TASTIC at getting INTs (except ironically, the single 1 that mattered most in his career and for his former team in the SB).  Asante IS a gambler Jay ...This does and can NOT work in Belichick's particular defensive system where every single other guy utterly HAS to depend on the one next to him...  I'm not sayin' that Asante isn't in sum total a benefit for whatever team that he's on, BUT in jumping routes attempting to make the pick 6, Asante gives up big plays at times, in being the maverick...times when he SHOULD simply be playing his man under the knowledge that on said particular play he doesn't have any help over the top in a deep-field Safety... But TACKLING?!?  DAY NUMBER ONE from me (and I've been here like 7 or 8 years)!  25 TOTAL Tackles from Asante Samule last year...  Devin McCourty (the TOTAL Reason WHY I luv him)=something like 86 Total Tackles...  McCourty does things like tear through his receiver attemptiing to block him at the LOS when a run is heading his way, and McCourty doesn't even do some duck-and-swipe tackle that even the willing-in-run-support CBs do against that RB, McCourty goes head on...  McCourty does things like when he's in zone coverage, and noone's within his coverage bubble, but some eliible receiver's on the outskirts, McCourty edges a fraction of a few feet the other way, attempting to bait the QB, to throwing to the man that may or may not be in HIS coverage area (just near it), ALL within the knowledge that McCourty KNOWS that his own read and react change of direction skills are superb enough to either come away with the ball, or break up the play, and have that team waste a down... ~ THIS is a shutdown CB , that YES-I've been singing since PRE 2010-combine...AND when McCourty's due for a HUGE payday, I WILL cry if he doesn't get it by NE...  McCourty's EXACTLY what I LOVED about Ty Law, yet imho McCourty's even already his equal or better in pure pass-coverage and his equal in run-support (Law with somewhat better hands...which can be worked on no prob by DMC). Asante Samuel=ALWAYS...always, except lmao, HIS contract year in NE before NE franchised him for a year-Asante Samuel=ALWAYS in the bottom third to even bottom quarter of ALL CBs (even freakin' some nickel Bs off the bench), IN TTs...  Asante's TTs, he!!-even Asante's INTs weren't sh!t until the year before his coontract year in NE...His first 3 years were garbage, THEN he worked on his hands and jumped his routes, and STILL didn't help in run-support (heck, Asante doesn't even help in pass support when some other defender's guy gets the ball), THEN Asante drops the most impt INT he'll ever need to get, and he subsequently wants A#1 shutdown top cb in all the NFL=MONEY...  I ain't angry at Asante, but ya just gotta realize 1 extra INT a year (McCourty=6, Asante=7)-whoopee...Ain't worth his simply massive paycheck &  cap hit given his shortcomings...   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself Laz. He wanted top cornerback money. However, when it came down to it he couldn't make the pick that the top CBs are supposed to make (Superbowl XLII). I hope McCourty makes another jump into Year 2 and the Patriots get some help on the front 7. It would be interesting to see him & Arrington (who played DE against the Colts) blitz every once in a while.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Like I said, he is one player....and I dont want to seem like im going to bat for him....but you guys have to realize what you are saying and what kind of microscope you are putting him under.

Tom Brady didnt have his finest game in SB 42, but did manage to drive them down for the go ahead score, but one could argue it should have never come to that had Brady and the offense scored close to their season average of 30 pts per game..   In contrast the defense held up and gave up what they had all year  - 17 points...so the failure was on offense regardless if Asante makes that pick or not.. Its just easy to scapegoat the last image in your head, and it wasnt exactly a routine INT, he had to jump really high and it slipped thru his mitts.   a catchable ball but not routine and the famous line is, "you are a DB because you cant catch"  still holds true, everyone wanted to play offense at one point

Now, taking this further because Reloads think we should not have payed him cuz he could not make the INT in the big game....Lets look at Brady in this past playoff game.  Well, he stunk it up pretty bad, and missed MORE than one oppty to help his team win, but does that tell you his contract is not deserved???  Think about it.  Asante had 10 regular season INT's which led the league but missed one in the playoffs and so that means he shouldnt get paid, but when Brady led the league in TD's this year and got MVP, but then choked in the playoffs the same rules dont Apply???  

I'd like to hear you thoughts on that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I sure hope McCourty is never in that position to ice a game and drops a pick, cuz then he definately wont be here after his rookie contract according to you guys...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reloadedagent31. Show Reloadedagent31's posts

[QUOTE]Like I said, he is one player....and I dont want to seem like im going to bat for him....but you guys have to realize what you are saying and what kind of microscope you are putting him under. Tom Brady didnt have his finest game in SB 42, but did manage to drive them down for the go ahead score, but one could argue it should have never come to that had Brady and the offense scored close to their season average of 30 pts per game..   In contrast the defense held up and gave up what they had all year  - 17 points...so the failure was on offense regardless if Asante makes that pick or not.. Its just easy to scapegoat the last image in your head, and it wasnt exactly a routine INT, he had to jump really high and it slipped thru his mitts.   a catchable ball but not routine and the famous line is, "you are a DB because you cant catch"  still holds true, everyone wanted to play offense at one point Now, taking this further because Reloads think we should not have payed him cuz he could not make the INT in the big game....Lets look at Brady in this past playoff game.  Well, he stunk it up pretty bad, and missed MORE than one oppty to help his team win, but does that tell you his contract is not deserved???  Think about it.  Asante had 10 regular season INT's which led the league but missed one in the playoffs and so that means he shouldnt get paid, but when Brady led the league in TD's this year and got MVP, but then choked in the playoffs the same rules dont Apply???   I'd like to hear you thoughts on that.

Rebuttal: Point taken. I first give Brady the benefit of the doubt. Unlike Samuel Brady didn't complain about not being paid, he didn't let that affect his play at all. He showed up to training camp ready to play. That game against the Jets Brady didn't have his best game. He threw and INT, was sacked 5 times and even fumbled. However, he didn't drop the TD in the 1st quarter, it was Crumpler. He didn't botch the fake punt, it was Chung. Either of those plays go in New England's favor, the score is 10-0 Patriots in the 1st and 7-3 Jets at worse going into the half respectively. Plus even when the game was within reach, he didn't let up the 59-yard catch to Cotchery on the next play. The defense couldn't get to Sanchez...at all. They kicked the ball onside twice and couldn't recover either one. You fault Brady for any of those plays?

You're also right that New England shouldn't have been in that situation in Superbowl 42. In the 2nd quarter on the Giants 31, they decide to go for it on 4th & 10 and Brady overthrows a double covered Gaffney in the endzone. They could have kicked a FG and make this debate completely irrelevant. Bottom line, they were in those situations. We have to live with the consequences. Brady had a bad game after a great season and Samuel didn't make that pick to cap arguably the greatest season in NFL history. Neither did Meriweather on the very next play.

Don't think that botched INT is the only reason I wouldn't have picked up Samuel, it was the final straw. Along with his attitude, he just wasn't worth the money he was demanding. One he had only 6 INTs in 2007 and 10 in 2006. Two, if Samuel had 10 picks that season, why would he have such a tough time making that one in the playoffs? Perhaps he isn't accustomed to making those types of INTs. I mean the way I remembered Asante Samuel was that he a much better zone coverage than man coverage. He commonly jumped routes and got his INTs that way which is alright which comes at a price. If the receiver pulled a double move, he wasn't quick enough to react and was toasted quickly. I don't actually remember him being good against the run either. Not very good reasons to pay a corner top dollar.

In addition, consider that if he was on the Patriots, the secondary eventually would have crumbled either way because Hobbs was on the other side. Let's leave it at that. You have two corners at 5'10", one who has shown is questionable covering taller and more physical receivers. That alone is a disadvantage. As it stands right now, I wouldn't have resigned him if he did make that INT either. After 3 years, I have found even if the Patriots had him & Asomugha as the corners, it wouldn't have made a difference with the atrocious pass rush. Plus, you look at Devin McCourty and that's what you want to see if you're gonna pay a corner. Plays inside on his man and gets the ball at the highest point. Great in run support and on special teams. How does he do against the taller/more physical receivers? Look what he did against Megatron on Thanksgiving.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

of all the dumbb posts i have read on this board, this one is wayyyyyy up there! first of, where has it ever come out that he specifically had nothing else going on in his life like an illness for him not to sure up or that he did not reach out in some way to the family independent of the PATRIOTS?.. 

secondly, in the final analysis, a teammate is just like any other co-worker when all is said and done... they may be a personal friend or may not be one or just be a mere acquaintance or just a professional "friend" or just another distant co-worker. in any case, this is none of your business or that of the team's. it is not a team activity, grow up! life is complexed. if i were involved in a heated negotiation with a team being SELFISH in only looking after its bottom line while ignoring all my contributions and the fact i played in pain just to get out there for them and so forth, why would i not counter-react in being as SELFISH in making sure not to get too close or chummy with them at any SOCIAL functions.. you may prioritze mr. hill, they may, why the heck must he? mr. samuel had much bigger fish to fry...

at your company, assuming you work for one, if ANY co-worker dies, you will automatically show up? let's add in the fact your bosses are considering cutting your pay or debating openly whether to lay you off or to outright fire you strictly looking at economic factors? would you not ask how is going to said funeral in YOUR economic interests? when companies only focus on the bottom line, they force others to respond in kind... that's the patriot way; well that's the samuel way. that's why he eventually got paid, is still making pro bowls and has moved on (something you clearly have not for like me, you know we would have another ring by now had he still been here)... 

you think its a given that logan mankins would have automatiacally shown up to a funeral for the some 4th  string DL guy while he was in the midst of holding out this year? it's business! we rave about the pats way, but they make EVERYTHING about business, why shouldn't the players do the same? that is the consequence of that approach.. you can't keep making cold-blooded, indifferent, calculating decisions and think that others around you won't in kind..... GROW UP!  

you think for one second that while the Jets were negotiating with the pats for compensation and things were up in the air that our belichick would have shown up at the funeral for the 4th string QB of the jets or even for some one for the pats regardless of how close he may have been with that player previously? why do some of you think that ONLY the front office is allowed to make cold, SELFISH decisions based on the team and the individual player is not allowed to do so based on his own personal TEAM or hos own interests... enough of this kool-aid!  

the bottom line of the bottom line is you judge mr. samuel's character by how he treats those closest to him in his PRIVATE life... professional relationships are always transient, made of force (you often get drafted and have no choice or have to stay by contract) and based on CONVENIENCE... i won't read who the man is by that... pay him, have him under contract, and perhaps we can discuss his "obligations" to the team under your scenario. ultimately, it is all about the MONEY for all parties.. this ain't high school or even college... they were going thru a bitter divorce, why the heck is he automatically showing up to one of YOUR friends; funerals.. may be close for you, but may mean absolutely nothing to him at that moment. as part of your collective, perhaps.. when that does not exist, BOO HOO!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I thought Kraft flew the whole team down there. regardless I thought Samuael was good at jumping routes but I didn't have a lot of faith in his man to man coverage if he had no safety help over the top. I'm glad he got his coin, good luck and bye bye.