The road ahead leading up to the BYE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The road ahead leading up to the BYE

Predictions on player performances, injury returns/absences and record?

I think we'll go 3-0 IF:

Talib only misses one game and is back to help guard Wallace/Hartline and clay vs. the Phins

Armstead plays vs. the Jets and instantly provides some interior pressure

Gronk comes back vs. Jets and even if its not a 100 yard 1-2 TD game he opens things up and has 4-5 catches including clutch 3rd downs

Amendola with concussion and continued groin injury should be held out through the BYE

What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Re: The road ahead leading up to the BYE

Collie can certainly fill in for Amendola for a few weeks  . . . Armstead getting on the field would be huge as they need some help (getting Tommy back would also help) . . . Just getting Gronk on the field for 10-20 plays would help open up the others even if he is not targeted by TB12 . . . Talib is needed big time for the Fins game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Think if Gronk comes back they will have enough weapons on offense to go 3-0 if the recievers and TB continue to progress. they were much more on the same page this game, despite all the sacks, TB was making quicker reads...which means the recievers were reading things better.

The offensive line will have get their act together though.

I see the defense holding up. Their weakness more and more will be the push the other team gets on running plays...luckily almost no team in the NFL is patient enough to fully exploit that. It will matter in the red zone in close games. 

Despite the losses to injury the defense will be good enough to win if the offense can be consistent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Think if Gronk comes back they will have enough weapons on offense to go 3-0 if the recievers and TB continue to progress. they were much more on the same page this game, despite all the sacks, TB was making quicker reads...which means the recievers were reading things better.

The offensive line will have get their act together though.

I see the defense holding up. Their weakness more and more will be the push the other team gets on running plays...luckily almost no team in the NFL is patient enough to fully exploit that. It will matter in the red zone in close games. 

Despite the losses to injury the defense will be good enough to win if the offense can be consistent.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this as long as Talib is back for the Miami game

If he is out through the BYE, while not a terrible blow to postseason hopes, the team will need 3 of Arrington's best games, more plays like his one on Graham, and also Ryan to step it up from 'nice 3rd rd nickel/dime guy' to 'making plays all over while on the field 60% of the time'

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Agree.  I think Collie can hold the fort for Amendola for a few weeks.  It's a downgrade, but not a major one.  Armstead helping to shore up that line will certainly help.  Hope he lives up to the hype as we could really use him.  As for Gronk, would love to see him in next week even if it's just to be spoon fed and slowly brought back into the offense.  We can afford to lose Talib for next week, but his return for Dolphins game would be huge.  We'll get a better idea on his injury in the next couple days.  My big concern is Mayo though.  He's having what could arguably be his best year, and being the captain and communicator on the D, that would be a hell of a blow regardless of who we play.