The Roster after today's (Friday's) cuts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Roster after today's (Friday's) cuts

With final cuts having been made, the Patriots' 53-man roster currently stands at full capacity as of Friday night:

Offense:
    Quarterbacks (2): Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett
    Running backs (4): Steven Ridley, Shane Vereen, Danny Woodhead, Brandon Bolden
    Wide receivers (4): Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelman, Matthew Slater
    Tight ends (4): Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Daniel Fells, Visanthe Shiancoe
    Offensive line (8): Nate Solder, Sebastian Vollmer, Marcus Cannon, Logan Mankins, Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell, Donald Thomas, Nick McDonald

Defense:
    Defensive end (6): Chandler Jones, Rob Ninkovich, Jermaine Cunningham, Trevor Scott, Justin Francis, Jake Bequette
    Defensive tackle (5): Vince Wilfork, Kyle Love, Brandon Deaderick, Ron Brace, Marcus Forston
    Linebacker (6): Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Dont'a Hightower, Bobby Carpenter, Tracy White, Mike Rivera
    Cornerback (6): Devin McCourty, Kyle Arrington, Ras-I Dowling, Sterling Moore, Marquice Cole, Alfonzo Dennard
    Safety (4): Patrick Chung, Steve Gregory, Tavon Wilson, Nate Ebner

Special teams:
    Kicker (1): Stephen Gostkowski
    Punter (1): Zoltan Mesko
    Long snapper (1): Danny Aiken

Reserve lists:
    Injured reserve (9): RB Jeff Demps, FB Spencer Larsen, TE Brad Herman, OL Kyle Hix, OL Jamey Richard, LB Dane Fletcher, CB Ross Ventrone, S Will Allen, S Josh Barrett
    Physically unable to perform (2): DL Myron Pryor, TE Jake Ballard
    Non-football injury (1): OL Markus Zusevics
    Did not report (1): Brian Waters
    Left squad (1): Tony Fiammetta

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: The Roster after today's (Friday's) cuts

I'm only counting 52, not 53.  Waters listed as Did not report!?!?  Does he count as the 53rd?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yes Waters would be #53

I'm kind of surprised. Even with Waters only 23 on the O? Seems extremely low. Forston making the squad is a huge surprise honestly same with White. There seem to be much better options for ST's this year so why did White, who imo is a waste on the field as a LB, make the squad?

Only 4 WR's too? I have a feeling after week 1 either Forston or White will be gone and they will bring back either Gaffney or Branch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Who gets cut if they bring someone in this weekend?

I don't like the WR core, need one more guy. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I think BB did a masterful job making these cuts.

DB: like that Cole and Dennard are on the team. Both flashed when they had the reps. Ebner went beyond my expectations.

LB: looks think, but Rivera looks like good depth. Seemed more athletic than Tarp and made more plays.

DE: like all these choices.

Overall, thums up for BB!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12 comment:

Who gets cut if they bring someone in this weekend?

I don't like the WR core, need one more guy. 

I'd imagine someone on D. Either a DL (Forston, Francis, Cunningham), CB (Dennard, Cole), or LB (White, Rivera)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

If they bring someone in.....then White, Forston, Deadderick...in that order.

Maybe Shiancoe if he's still not healthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[/QUOTE]

i guess the report i heard on teh hub of shioncoe cut was erroneous.
    demps is the most valuable imo of teh ired to bring back
    however per 98.5
    demps had to be on the the this 53 roster man roster in  to be eligible to be ired and to be brought back.
    crap!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng comment:

Yes Waters would be #53

I'm kind of surprised. Even with Waters only 23 on the O? Seems extremely low. Forston making the squad is a huge surprise honestly same with White. There seem to be much better options for ST's this year so why did White, who imo is a waste on the field as a LB, make the squad?

Only 4 WR's too? I have a feeling after week 1 either Forston or White will be gone and they will bring back either Gaffney or Branch

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

bredru, don't give up on Demps just yet.

I don't think its a done deal that Demps can't come back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Forget run vs pass-- BB clearly plans to win with defense this year.  Only 22 offensive players.  Will be interesting to see what happens over the weekend as teams review the waiver wire and maybe consider trades. Won't be surprised if BB isn't quite done with this roster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007 comment:
    [QUOTE]

bredru, don't give up on Demp just yet.

I dont think its a done deal that Demps cant come back.

[/QUOTE]

got anything to refute what i just heard teh terms are?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Stunning selections but I admire BB's toughness and foresight to build us strong defensively. As  long as TB is the QB and we have personnel like WW, Gronk, Hern etc we will have a strong offensive game so it makes sense that he made the choices he did. I agree that he is not finished and we will see someone like Forston move over to the practice squad etc.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

BB opts to keep 6 DE's, and 6 CB's...2 areas of concern on the defense for the last few years. Makes sense.

Seems like the door is open for a Branch return or a vet to come in for a 3rd receiver look. There is also a chance McD likes Edelman's skill setas a slot. I can think of worse ideas then running 2 quick, agile slot receivers on the field with any of the big 3 in 5 receiver sets! Edelman can sub for ww and Hern too.

In any case this is a depth position. You have to figure Branch was really the 5th or 6th option after WW,Hern,Gronk,Lloyd, and a RB. He was only going to get the Chad J share of the snaps(25%). Still strange to not carry depth. I think Branch is back afcter week 1.

I read Bedard say today he thinks we will try and find a good FB. He said McD likes FB's which is true. I think Larsen was supposed tio be the guy as he had good prodcuton as a blocker,receiver and ST's for McD. I'm also not surprised that The Shank made this team with Fells. This coincides with the thin receiver core. Hern lines up in receiver positions, and FB positions anyway. Good to have 3 true TE's who are all proven vets. Shank is a good option to have as a back up and 3 TE sets till Ballard can play.

I like this roster! Waters locker had some deliveries today. Nike gear(jerseys etc..) was hung up in locker. They are just waiting on BW!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I imagine I'm wrong, but the positions we loaded up on have had some injury issues.  BB might be adding some insurance.  For example, Brace has had his share of injury problems.  Deadrick hasn't been Mr. Healthy either.  Dowling came into the NFL with an injury prone rep and lived up to the reputation in his rookie year.  Dennard got nicked up in camp and missed a good part of camp/preseason.  So I think there is some higher than normal risk in some positions.  It makes sense to keep a couple extra bodies there.  Nothing worse than letting a promising player go, suffering an injury, and then having to sign a total scrub later on to replace a guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

I imagine I'm wrong, but the positions we loaded up on have had some injury issues.  BB might be adding some insurance.  For example, Brace has had his share of injury problems.  Deadrick hasn't been Mr. Healthy either.  Dowling came into the NFL with an injury prone rep and lived up to the reputation in his rookie year.  Dennard got nicked up in camp and missed a good part of camp/preseason.  So I think there is some higher than normal risk in some positions.  It makes sense to keep a couple extra bodies there.  Nothing worse than letting a promising player go, suffering an injury, and then having to sign a total scrub later on to replace a guy.

I agree.  Good post!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

With 4 TE's it kinda looks like Hernandez is our 5th WR. Should be a pretty devastating offense again this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Waters is on the "did not report" roster, and yet his equipment is in his locker.  Waters didn't report last year until camp was over.

I predict that Waters is in the Junior Seau mold.  He's not taking up one of the 53 golden spots.  He's in BB's back pocket.  If, someday there's a hol e in the offensive line roster, Waters will walk in the next morning.