The Same old defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

The Same old defense

being a pat fan sometime could be frustrating but I will take the win even it is very ugly this team will be there later in the year I have confidence that they will be fine as season progresses with that said the defense has not improved yet Sanchez has his best game of the season yesterday before coming to yesterday game he was completing 45% of his passes and people keep pointing to TB, want him get cut traded pls 29 other team will be willing to take him. Brady is not the problem it is the coaching staff especially the defense I don't think it is the players,those secondary has talent but they not well being coached. That bring my question do you think TB made BB great or BB make TB great. Before I think Bb made him great I am kind of leaning towards TB made BB great because the offense has not been this team problem is the defense since 2009. What is ur thoughts.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: The Same old defense

yes they allowed alot of yards as usual, but they made some key stops to keep us in the game and made the play at the end to seal the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to akoko's comment:
    [QUOTE]

being a pat fan sometime could be frustrating but I will take the win even it is very ugly this team will be there later in the year I have confidence that they will be fine as season progresses with that said the defense has not improved yet Sanchez has his best game of the season yesterday before coming to yesterday game he was completing 45% of his passes and people keep pointing to TB, want him get cut traded pls 29 other team will be willing to take him. Brady is not the problem it is the coaching staff especially the defense I don't think it is the players,those secondary has talent but they not well being coached. That bring my question do you think TB made BB great or BB make TB great. Before I think Bb made him great I am kind of leaning towards TB made BB great because the offense has not been this team problem is the defense since 2009. What is ur thoughts.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Babe Jr. Brady is lucky Cromartie had butterfingers or we would have lost. His passes have been inaccurate and he cannot complete a long pass. Somethings wrong with Brady and all the whining people like you do about the rest of the team doesn't hide the fact.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to akoko's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Babe Jr. Brady is lucky Cromartie had butterfingers or we would have lost. His passes have been inaccurate and he cannot complete a long pass. Somethings wrong with Brady and all the whining people like you do about the rest of the team doesn't hide the fact.

[/QUOTE]

yea cromartie dropped a sure int....i was shocked.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

.... I feel much more comfortable with the direction this D is takin than I do the Helter Skelter Joshy boy run, can't RUN out a lead offense......

DANNY WOODHEAD..........2ND ON THE TEAM WITH 60 TOUCHES THIS SEASON.......

[/QUOTE]

i dont mind them using woodhead on screens and sometimes on draw plays, but he isnt good for that many touches...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The same old defense

Actually, the facts are quite the opposite.  The average age of the entire defensive unit on the roster is 25 years old.  That number includes  'old men' Vince Wilfork (30), Niko Koutouvides and Tracy White (both 31).

The average age of the entire defensive backfield is 24 years old.  That number includes 'old men' Steve Gregory (29) and Marquice Cole (28).  

Ok, so your next point is exactly what, if I may be so bold as to inquire?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

.... I feel much more comfortable with the direction this D is takin than I do the Helter Skelter Joshy boy run, can't RUN out a lead offense......

DANNY WOODHEAD..........2ND ON THE TEAM WITH 60 TOUCHES THIS SEASON.......

[/QUOTE]

i dont mind them using woodhead on screens and sometimes on draw plays, but he isnt good for that many touches...

[/QUOTE]

The thing with Woody is that you have to have him run a few times or he'd be worthless receiving out of the backfield. Defenses would know as soon as he came in that it was a passing play. The thing that always worked with Faulk was that he could run, catch and blitz block so his entrance into the game showed defenses nothing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL THIS defense WON THE GAME VS ARIZONA Ghost lost it....
    This defense staked the pats to a 23 - 13 lead in Seattle......1-6 red zone lost it

THIS YOUNG DEFENSE has made more BIG plays in their short time on the field than our last 3yrs worth of defenses combined. 

Let the young corners develope and just MAYBE, THIS DEFENSE will be good enough by seasons end to more than carry the mistakes made by the VETERAN offensive side of the ball.....PLAYERS AND COACHES INCLUDED!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL THIS defense WON THE GAME VS ARIZONA Ghost lost it....
    This defense staked the pats to a 23 - 13 lead in Seattle......1-6 red zone lost it

THIS YOUNG DEFENSE has made more BIG plays in their short time on the field than our last 3yrs worth of defenses combined. 

Let the young corners develope and just MAYBE, THIS DEFENSE will be good enough by seasons end to more than carry the mistakes made by the VETERAN offensive side of the ball.....PLAYERS AND COACHES INCLUDED!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Leather head

comparing this defense to last years is meaningless.

the point is when/if this defense does NOT create turn overs, they are too soft in the defensive back field. I can appreciate Wilson and Dennard are gaining experience. But at what expense? This defense is playing poorly against Wilson, Sanchez and Kolb. They are missing on interceptions of tipped balls EVERY time. aside from the turn over, this defense has yet to take an offense off of the field in any crunch situation.

in a passing league, they emply 3 LB's that are weak against the pass, and they emply slow footed/average athletic S's.

I see the potential with McCourt, Dennard and Wilson. I am still intrigued with RAS. But to think this defense suddenly has a light turn on, with Bradford, Smith and Schaub on the horizen, all accurate, all able to pick on the S's, is very worrisome.