The Smile On Talib's Face When He Says. "Man, I Would Love For it To Be Home."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

The Smile On Talib's Face When He Says. "Man, I Would Love For it To Be Home."

did you see?

NOW IS THE TIME to lock him up for 3 years reasonable for pats $ while hes all bought in, knowing pats mightve been his only save, adn on way to sbs's. (BEFORE HE HAS SUCCESS AND THINKS HE CAN GET A 5 YR 50 MIL CONTRACT THINKING HES ALL THAT).

bb make it so....

then in the offseason, we can use the tag on welker if he wont sign something reasonable. then we need to button vollmer down for the future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: The Smile On Talib's Face When He Says.

Talib and the secondary held Andrew Luck to a sub-50 completion percentage when targeting Wayne for the first time this season, according to ESPN Stats & Information. 

Wayne finished the game with seven receptions for 72 yards, his second-lowest yardage total of the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Sounds like a good plan. Welker probably wouldn't be happy with the tag though.

It would be nice if they could sign Talib for a few years, he and Dennard improve the secondary a lot. Talib looks and sounds happy to be with the Patriots, going from an average or below average team to a Super Bowl contender will do that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds like a good plan. Welker probably wouldn't be happy with the tag though.

It would be nice if they could sign Talib for a few years, he and Dennard improve the secondary a lot. Talib looks and sounds happy to be with the Patriots, going from an average or below average team to a Super Bowl contender will do that.

[/QUOTE]

yep and teh fact that if we didnt do it, he mightnto be playing. 

happy. he has a choice. sign reasonble contract fro the pats, or riosk being tagged or cut.

offseason i saw his interviews. he all but resigned himself to being tagged twice (somethng like "2 years over 20 mil aint bad").

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talib and the secondary held Andrew Luck to a sub-50 completion percentage when targeting Wayne for the first time this season, according to ESPN Stats & Information. 

Wayne finished the game with seven receptions for 72 yards, his second-lowest yardage total of the season.

[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear, the Colts have one of the best passing offenses they will face all year and they held up well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear, the Colts have one of the best passing offenses they will face all year and they held up well.

[/QUOTE]

lucks qbr was 4th in the league coming in. brady 2nd

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

anyone seen quag today.

mia?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Welker's done, Welker's 9 mill goes to Talib, Spikes, Chung and Edelman. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

we'll see. its 11.5-12 next year actaully if hes tagged. with the way the offense runs through him they may try to offer him something reasonable before tagging or letting him go. (if they were to let him go , i would tag and trade him. he will have 5 years 100+ receptions of his last 5 full years. someone will want him). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

chung i let go. 

vollmer is up this year.

spikes has another year.

edelman is not a starter, but his contract is up. its shouldnt be too much

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

chung i let go. 

vollmer is up this year.

spikes has another year.

[/QUOTE]

Chung stays, he's a quality Safety that BB loves and plays better than most people would acknowledge. 3 year, 5 million is my range.

Vollmer will be locked, if the Pats can't work a deal with him they'll franchise him. 5 year, 25 mill is what I would want to lock him up at. But wouldn't be surprised if BB has to go 5 year 35 million. 

Spikes needs to be locked up now before he touches Free Agency, he plays MLB in BB's system really well. 5 year, 15 million is what I would give him. 

Edelman makes Welker expendable, wether you guys want to admit it or not. Edelman is bigger, faster, stronger, better on the outside, just as quick and capable of doing what Welker does. 

Both Welker and Arrington help pay for these guys, Kyle Arrington's contract is up too. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

chung i let go. 

vollmer is up this year.

spikes has another year.

[/QUOTE]

Chung stays, he's a quality Safety that BB loves and plays better than most people would acknowledge. 3 year, 5 million is my range.

Vollmer will be locked, if the Pats can't work a deal with him they'll franchise him. 5 year, 25 mill is what I would want to lock him up at. But wouldn't be surprised if BB has to go 5 year 35 million. 

Spikes needs to be locked up now before he touches Free Agency, he plays MLB in BB's system really well. 5 year, 15 million is what I would give him. 

Edelman makes Welker expendable, wether you guys want to admit it or not. Edelman is bigger, faster, stronger, better on the outside, just as quick and capable of doing what Welker does. 

Both Welker and Arrington help pay for these guys, Kyle Arrington's contract is up too. 

[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt re up chung you cant have any safety who cannot cover on teh field. i know bb likes him. he also looks to get more than what you want to pay above elsewhere (much more). best to replace him in my book with a safety who is not a liability (unles ebner/wilson becomes a starter overnight).

bb likes arrington too, hes another liability. cannot cover at all. bb may want to keep him because i cant see hm getting an offer elsewhere. i would let him walk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

chung i let go. 

vollmer is up this year.

spikes has another year.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
      Volmer might be a little more difficult than you think. Although he plays right tackle for us, he is also a  good  left tackle. He and the Pats know that you can make more money at the left tackle position. Its probably a good bet that he tests the FA market.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

anyone seen quag today.

mia?

[/QUOTE]

I agree completely we need to lock up Talib. Before anyone says "its only one game, he gave up two TD's" I say he covered better than any CB we have had this year, and we clearly aren't going to draft a CB who can play! Even on the completions he gave up, he had generally tight coverage. I say lock him up now 3 years reasonable money, pair him with Dennard, and hopefully if they play press man coverage thats what Ras-I excells at, so hes your 3rd CB. just PLEASE draft a replacement for Kyle Arrington!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree with most of what you sy with two exceptions;

1) Chung only stays if its at the league minimum or a hair above (defintely 2nd string $)

2) I like Edelman but he cant carry WW's jock. No comparison, and I am afraid we will find out the hard way next year.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree with most of what you sy with two exceptions;

1) Chung only stays if its at the league minimum or a hair above (defintely 2nd string $)

2) I like Edelman but he cant carry WW's jock. No comparison, and I am afraid we will find out the hard way next year.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with the need to keep Welker; he is a superb niche receiver who happens to be a perfect fit for a quick-release QB like Brady. The question is how to keep him and also sign up Talib ( a must-do, given our travails at the position), trade for a one more pass-rusher (needed badly), and keep guys like Vollmer, Spikes, Chung (who is more good than bad, IMO), etc. Maybe a longer-term deal would bring down the annual number? Welker will be good for 3-4 more years minimum, if he can stay healthy, because he relies on quickness not speed. He is also smart in trying to avoid big hits by going down and not fighting for the last couple of feet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's been 1 game Bred calm down a bit. It all depends on the money. Lets face it, there was a reason why Tampa was willing to let him go (they would have realized him if the Pats didn't give them a pick) and there is a reason most teams won't touch him in FA. He carries a huge risk not just from a ped stand point but also off the field and on the field (lack of effort at times). Even if he has a great end of season he might not be in high demand. If he's willing to take a huge discount and sign up for 3 years at 3mil per a year I'd sign him up right away, but I don't see that happening. Without knowing what his asking price would be I would say hold off for now unless the price was greatly in the Pats favor, and maybe see what the market holds because there might not be nearly the demand for this guy as some think

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Ultimately, it's up to Talib whether he stays or goes.  If he can keep himself in check and realize that the Pats aren't going to shower him with riches and make him a top paid CB, then he'll be most welcome here.  I hate to say it, but he seems to be the type guy that needs two strikes against him to finally realize that he's one step away from being unemployed.  He may warrant a shorter term deal at decent dollars to keep him honest and to keep the leverage in BB's hands.  He could probably do better in FA than he will do here, and clearly he'll have a big decision at season's end. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

did you see?

NOW IS THE TIME to lock him up for 3 years reasonable for pats $ while hes all bought in, knowing pats mightve been his only save, adn on way to sbs's. (BEFORE HE HAS SUCCESS AND THINKS HE CAN GET A 5 YR 50 MIL CONTRACT THINKING HES ALL THAT).

bb make it so....

then in the offseason, we can use the tag on welker if he wont sign something reasonable. then we need to button vollmer down for the future.

[/QUOTE]

I think the guy has the potential to be a good soldier. He is in the right place and its too cold up here to get into that much so maybe he is impressed enough here to straiten up for good and become a permamen fixture. Lord knows we need to sure up the position and it keeps us from drafting high again on CB.  I love his style of play and people need to realize he hasnt played in over a month and still looked like our best DB. Gave up some plays but was very close, tackles well and is a big presence out there. Great Pick Up , IMO and allows us to play more man/press with he and Fonzy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Truth right here!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is ESPN calling 27/50 sub 50%?  Just another 300 yard passing day for a rookie playing against the Patriot defense.  24 points?  Not so good.

[/QUOTE]

Learn to read dumbass.  The thing you quoted was completion % when throwing to Wayne.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

did you see?

bb make it so....

[/QUOTE]

I think the guy has the potential to be a good soldier. He is in the right place and its too cold up here to get into that much so maybe he is impressed enough here to straiten up for good and become a permamen fixture. Lord knows we need to sure up the position and it keeps us from drafting high again on CB.  I love his style of play and people need to realize he hasnt played in over a month and still looked like our best DB. Gave up some plays but was very close, tackles well and is a big presence out there. Great Pick Up , IMO and allows us to play more man/press with he and Fonzy

[/QUOTE]

not to mention they are playing zone schemes. not aggressvie man at the line which talib and dennard are suited for

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

anyone seen quag today.

mia?

[/QUOTE]

I agree completely we need to lock up Talib. Before anyone says "its only one game, he gave up two TD's" I say he covered better than any CB we have had this year, and we clearly aren't going to draft a CB who can play! Even on the completions he gave up, he had generally tight coverage. I say lock him up now 3 years reasonable money, pair him with Dennard, and hopefully if they play press man coverage thats what Ras-I excells at, so hes your 3rd CB. just PLEASE draft a replacement for Kyle Arrington!!

[/QUOTE]

very reasonable post i agree with completely except for drafting arrington replacement. let him go. any cb or safety get in fa, udfa, etc we need th epicks for high dt, de and 3rd rd c/g