The solution - defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

The solution - defense

Eventhough both Peppers and Dansby went other places Pats could manage to get a strong Defense. All they need is the following:

- Let Green leave and use Wright and Pryor.
    - We are ok at the safety position (Sanders, Merriweather and Chung)
    - Resign Bodden and use Butler next to him
    - Use draft picks to get Kirk Morrisson from the Raiders. We will then have Mayo, Morrisson and McKenzie at ILB.
    - Use draft picks to get Merriman (he is only 25) and sign J. Taylor. 
    - Draft an OLB and an ILB.

There you go. Its not that difficult..:-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: The solution - defense

I agree with you defense is the solution. The offense is there and just overall needs 2-3 guys picked up on offense for later down the road and maybe even someone who can contribute this year.

I would fine tune a little bit of your proposal though

- Let Green walk, use Wright as a depth player and rotational player, and draft Seymours successor. 
    - Resign Bodden!!! My gosh stop letting good corners go. Play him with Butler and the D looks pretty good.
    - See what Merrimans price is for trading for him and see how much he wants extension wise.
    - Draft a OLB,DE get Merriman if the price is right.

The D would be set and ready to knock some QBs down if this happened. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

yes rebuild, reload and retool the dfenese.

but i hope the offensive play calling gets more creative next season it kinda floundered last yesr even with brady back. i know we got spoiled in 2007, but the offense looked better in 2008 than 2009

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Yea D is part of the answer , but its not like we fix that and we're set. And theres alot to fix. All year Ive been listening to these morons that dont have a clue and think all we need is a pass rush. And YOU really dont have a clue if you think we're "ok" at the S position , you couldnt be more wrong. I kind of figured you didnt when I saw that you had Pryor at D END. And I dont know any serious person that would have wanted Peppers/Dansby for that much $ , I love Peppers , but no way , too much money.
     Id loved to kick the Merriman tires and see what the price would be and how much of the old Merriman there is left in that tank. Theres no way he could have falling that far , eventually and most likely this year we'll start to see him get back to his rare form. Ive also been lobbying for a Morrison , Ryans , Rudd or D'Q Jackson to play opposite Mayo. The ILB position is as much a problem as the OLB and D end for that matter. Ryans /Rudd are top 5 guys , Morrison is a top ten guy and D'Q is an up and coming freak who could be great one day. He has everything you would want , speed , power , smarts and he'll bury you , he hits as hard as any backer in the league. And this team must address the DE position , all the OLB/ILB's in the world wont help you if your DE isnt stopping the run. Teams ran at will last year and made no secret about it. Sign Bodden , hes a top ten guy that is proven and has a year under his belt in our system.
    This is a D thread so I wont go in detail about our O , but we need big help on that side of the ball as well. Moss has/is been are ONLY legitimate scoring threat for 3 years. We need receivers(Marshell , GTate) , RB(Dwyer , Best , Gerhart) , a right guard(Mike Johnson) , and tight end(Scheffler).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In Response to Re: The solution - defense:
    yes rebuild, reload and retool the dfenese. but i hope the offensive play calling gets more creative next season it kinda floundered last yesr even with brady back. i know we got spoiled in 2007, but the offense looked better in 2008 than 2009
    Posted by kansaspatriot
    tell me about it the play calling on offense in the playoff game last year was pathetic, like there was high school coordinator up in the booth just closing his eyes and putting his finger down. if that wasn't obvious for Brady and the organization as a whole then we will have to suffer again next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

You had me until Merriman.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Jason Taylor won't come to NE and Merriman will get the big bucks.  Pats just paid big bucks for Wilfork, so don't expect the wallet to open up again on the D.  Bodden might be a goner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Honestly, if they don't resign Bodden I think we're looking at the Pats using one of their high picks on a CB again.  Peppers would have been a beautiful fit but I don't blame the Pats for not dishing out the money for him.  Either way, the Pats need some veteren leadership on defense as well as a legit pass rusher.