The spread package...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

The spread package...

Moss and TO on the outside (X and Z)
    Edleman (Until Welker is back) and Holt at the slots.
    Edleman can become a great 5th reciever. And when we go 5 wide he is in the game.

Now you can also move TO into the slot and shift Holt outside in certain situations.

Go get TO. He will not hurt this team when you have Mr.Brady and Mr.Faulk in the locker room.

TO can actually be the difference this year?

Our defense will come around if we let these young players fly around the ball and get aggressive and make things happen.

Just a thought...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Re: The spread package...

I think we are a reciever and rush end away...

TO is a free agent so he can be reachable and maybe we have to trade something for a rush end...

No big deal...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

I know the so called experts say we need everything - BULL!!!

We need two moves and I think we have something good...

We picked up a good future in the draft and some will pay dividends this year.

Hang in there Pats fans!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to The spread package...:
    Moss and TO on the outside (X and Z) 
    Posted by Patriotsftball

Hopefully, TO is way on the outside . . . like outside the stadium.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: The spread package...:
    In Response to The spread package... : Hopefully, TO is way on the outside . . . like outside the stadium.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Ohh come on now, TO could be a huge benefit to the Pats. I could envision him playing the outside. He'd be great playing way wide out. Just think of it, him playing right next to the line in sunny Oakland. Yep every Pats fan who wants TO is right he can be a great help for the Pats. Now how can we sign him to the Raiders, that's the tricky part.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

no TO!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

TO and BB? Think that one through again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to The spread package...:
    Moss and TO on the outside (X and Z) Edleman (Until Welker is back) and Holt at the slots. Edleman can become a great 5th reciever. And when we go 5 wide he is in the game. Now you can also move TO into the slot and shift Holt outside in certain situations. Go get TO. He will not hurt this team when you have Mr.Brady and Mr.Faulk in the locker room. TO can actually be the difference this year? Our defense will come around if we let these young players fly around the ball and get aggressive and make things happen. Just a thought...
    Posted by Patriotsftball

a thought that is as old as butt mudd, pats fans do not want TO. we already have all WR vacancies filled

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Let's put this to rest:

WE DON'T NEED TERRELL OWENS!!!

Owens
    36 years old
    14 years in the NFL
    1006 receptions (71.8 receptions per season)
    14951 yards (1067.9 yards per season)
    14.9 yards per catch
    144 touchdowns

Holt
    33 years old   <--- younger
    11 years in the NFL   <--- less beating
    920 receptions (83.6 receptions per season)
    13,382 yards (1216.5 yards per season)
    14.5 yards per catch
    74 touchdowns

I think Owens is better than Holt against man coverage and in the red zone because of his size.  He also has the reputation of being better after the catch, but just in terms of his ability to break tackles with his size (nothing statistically backs this up - yards per catch are almost the same)

But he isn't worth the locker room problems and the selfishness when Torry Holt is infinitely less selfish, smarter against zone coverages, and more productive in terms of receptions and yards per season than Owens.

If you can get a guy who's almost as good and much less trouble for much less money, I'm not really sure why you would even consider Owens...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

HOLT IS 33 YEARS OLD,NOT 36 AND 37 LIKE T.O. AND GALLOWAY(WHO MIGHT WELL CATCH A FEW FOR WASHINGTON GIVEN A DIFFERENT SYSTEM THAT MAY BE EASIER FOR HIM TO ADJUST TO)AND THERE AND HAVE A NUMBER OF W.R.'S WHO CONTINUED TO EXCELL AT THAT AGE.PLUS,HE NEVER BEEN A RECEIVER WHO RELIED SOLE ON SPEED BUT RATHER A CLEVER ROUTE RUNNER WITH SUBTLE MOVES THAT ENHANCED HIS Y.A.C.ALSO,HE HAS NEVER,TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE,BEEN ANYTHING BUT A GOOD GUY TO HAVE IN THE LOCKERROOM AND A CREDIT TO HIS TEAM OFF THE FIELD.HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A TEAM FIRST GUY,A MAN WHO STUDIES AND WORKS ON ALL ASPECTS OF HIS GAME AND COULD BE OF ENORMOUS HELP TO YOUNG RECEIVERS LIKE TATE AND PRICE.HE WILL BE WHERE BRADY EXPECTS HIM TO BEHAS ALWAYS ADJUSTED ROUTE TO FIT THE DEFENSE HE SEES AND SHOULD BE IN SYNC WITH BRADY IN THAT REGARD AS BOTH ARE WELL STUDIED VETERANS.IT SEEMS TO ME THAT SOME ON THIS FORUM WERE SLAMMING THE PATS FOR NOT SIGNING HIM IMMEDIATELY AFTER HE WORKED OUT FOR N.E. ABOUT WHEN CRUMPLER DI AND ARE QUESTIONING HIS SIGNING NOW.I WAS ONE URGING THEM TO SIGN HOLT RIGHT OFF THE BAT AND DISAPPOINTED WHEN THEY DIDN'T AND AND DELIGHTED NOW THAT THEY HAVE.HE DOESN'T NEED TO BE ALL-WORLD TO HELP,HE JUST NEEDS TO BE A VIABLE,SOLID #2 RECEIVER WHO CANNOT BE IGNORED AND SHOULD THRIVE AGAINST MAN COVERAGE AND HE HAS MADE A CAREER OU OF FINDING THE HOLES AGAINST ZONE COVERAGE.HE PROBABLY WON'T BE AND HE DOASN'T NEED TO BE THE "GO TO GUY"BUT BE ONE OF THE GO TO GUYS AS BRADY SPREADS THE BALL AROUND TO THE OPEN MAN.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

In Response to The spread package... : Hopefully, TO is way on the outside . . . like outside the stadium.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

I would like that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Well, if you think T.O. wants to play in the same offense as Randy Moss when both are trying to be the second most TD catching WR in the history of the game you're nuts. 

T.O. would have been an option if the Pats had lost out on every possible WR they could think of, but now the Pats have Bolting Holt and Moss-man on the field at the same time now. And although neither is the stud they were back in their college days, both still have plenty left in the tank. Holt will get the ball a ton. I dare teams to double Moss this year!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: The spread package... : Ohh come on now, TO could be a huge benefit to the Pats. I could envision him playing the outside. He'd be great playing way wide out. Just think of it, him playing right next to the line in sunny Oakland. Yep every Pats fan who wants TO is right he can be a great help for the Pats. Now how can we sign him to the Raiders, that's the tricky part.
    Posted by PatsEng

I like it . . . TO + Russell = first pick in the draft for Pats

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't mind diva receivers.  In fact, if the Pats could get Chad Ochocinco I'd be all for that.  But TO went off the deep end at the end of his career in San Francisco.  The way he attacks his QBs (Garcia, McNabb, Romo) is just unacceptable.  He creates a huge distraction and ends up destroying team coherence.  Plus, for all his talent, he's no longer a difference maker on the field.  He drops too many balls and really doesn't get good separation anymore.  He was quieter up in Buffalo last year but he also did very little on the field.  I think the risks way outweigh the rewards with this guy: He's the definition of a toxic asset--buy him, and the team's economy is sure to collapse.