The State of New York seems to have an inferiority complex with Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

The State of New York seems to have an inferiority complex with Boston

All this garbage,led by the repulsive Rex Ryan has made me think of how much New Yorkers are jealous of us in Boston. First, there are Knick fans who foolishly called the Celtics game a rivalry game last month even though they haven't been good in like 20 years. Hey, New Yorkers tell the Knicks to win some games and then let's talk. The Celtics rival is only the Lakers and now probably the Heat. A rival with a sub .500 is a joke.The Knicks stink!!!
      As far as the Red Sox it seems the tide has turned as well. As Theo is signing young superstars in their prime like Gonzalez and Crawford, the Yankees are getting left out in the cold by Cliff Lee and now have focused their attention on Andrew Jones and Justin Duchersomthing both in their middle 30's and way past their prime. On the bright side, these 2 will bring down the average age of the Yankees. Of course Yankee fans will brag about their 27 Championships but quite frankly who cares about the 1927 Yankee team that was almost 100 years ago and lots has happened since then. I'm looking forward to listening to whining Yankee fans this year as Jeter,Rivera,A-Roid and Petitte? get older and older.
     Which brings us to the Jets and their idiotic fans. I'll make this brief 1969 1969 1969 1969 which is the last time the Jets won a Championship.That's 41 years and counting.Doesn't seem like New York has won much over the last 30 years and they seem to be adopting an inferiority complex towards Boston.
      If I liked anything about New York then I'd actually feel bad for New Yorkers because they clearly are taking a back seat to Boston but they certainly have some crazy blowhards led by the moronic Rex Ryan.It's okay Rex and the rest of you New Yorkers to run your mouth when you win something. Go Pats!!!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: The State of New York seems to have an inferiority complex with Boston

In Response to The State of New York seems to have an inferiority complex with Boston:
    [QUOTE]  All this garbage,led by the repulsive Rex Ryan has made me think of how much New Yorkers are jealous of us in Boston. First, there are Knick fans who foolishly called the Celtics game a rivalry game last month even though they haven't been good in like 20 years. Hey, New Yorkers tell the Knicks to win some games and then let's talk. The Celtics rival is only the Lakers and now probably the Heat. A rival with a sub .500 is a joke.The Knicks stink!!!   As far as the Red Sox it seems the tide has turned as well. As Theo is signing young superstars in their prime like Gonzalez and Crawford, the Yankees are getting left out in the cold by Cliff Lee and now have focused their attention on Andrew Jones and Justin Duchersomthing both in their middle 30's and way past their prime. On the bright side, these 2 will bring down the average age of the Yankees. Of course Yankee fans will brag about their 27 Championships but quite frankly who cares about the 1927 Yankee team that was almost 100 years ago and lots has happened since then. I'm looking forward to listening to whining Yankee fans this year as Jeter,Rivera,A-Roid and Petitte? get older and older.  Which brings us to the Jets and their idiotic fans. I'll make this brief 1969 1969 1969 1969 which is the last time the Jets won a Championship.That's 41 years and counting.Doesn't seem like New York has won much over the last 30 years and they seem to be adopting an inferiority complex towards Boston.   If I liked anything about New York then I'd actually feel bad for New Yorkers because they clearly are taking a back seat to Boston but they certainly have some crazy blowhards led by the moronic Rex Ryan.It's okay Rex and the rest of you New Yorkers to run your mouth when you win something. Go Pats!!!!! 
    Posted by rickrand3[/QUOTE]

Um, actually the Yankees won a ring more recently (2009) than your beloved RS. Yankees had quite a run about 10 yrs ago, winning 4 consecutive pennants, 3 consecutive WS, and 4 WS in 5 years, as well as a pennant in '03, all done while traversing 3 playoff rounds each season. Giants stopped the almost perfect Pats in the '08 SB, and won 2 other SBs in '86 and '90. Rangers & Devils won the CUP 4 times in the 90s and 00s. And ever hear of the long standing term "Yankee envy"? If anything, NY fans are arrogant to a fault; they definitely don't have an inferiority complex in general. But don't let facts get in the way of your rant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Sorry, you are wrong as usual, "NH Steve".

Gasper hit on this pretty accurately yesterday.   Since Kraft bought the Pats and the new owners came in for the Sox, NY has been chasing Boston's tail.

It's ok to admit it.

The NY area has 2-3 franchises per sport, to boot.

NY is supposed to be the bestest of everything and it's just such a farce.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The State of New York seems to have an inferiority complex with Boston:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, you are wrong as usual, "NH Steve". Gasper hit on this pretty accurately yesterday.   Since Kraft bought the Pats and the new owners came in for the Sox, NY has been chasing Boston's tail. It's ok to admit it. The NY area has 2-3 franchises per sport, to boot. NY is supposed to be the bestest of everything and it's just such a farce.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Naturally, you need to participate in every smack ridden dialogue. You must have alot of time on your hands. Yet, when I agree with you, (Pats shall go all the way IMO, remarkable by BB & Brady considering the state of the D at the beginning of the year), you say nothing. Quite pathetic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Dear "NH Steve"If you agree with me, what more could I say to respond at that point?

What should I have said "Thanks for agreeing with me", and ask you to sing Kumbaya?

You got some problems, Stevie.  Snow and wind got to you?

Nice backpedal.

Since 2000, Boston has won more titles than any other sports market.

CASE CLOSED

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The State of New York seems to have an inferiority complex with Boston:
    [QUOTE]All I can say is YUP they hate how good Boston sports teams are. But its nice, embrace the hate
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Not really. Keep wishing for that if it makes you feel better, since this is actually the usual propriety of Boston fans. But right now, Boston has the best sports teams. I'm sure there's a few NY fans who are rankled by that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think it's funny how they think we really want to go to that city.  It's a unique, fun city, but I'd argue there are more negatives than positives.

Give me Chicago for the metropolis experience all day, everyday over NY. Not close.

People who live in New England/Boston, generally, love it.

Their arrogance is hilarious.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Dear "NH Steve"If you agree with me, what more could I say to respond at that point? What should I have said "Thanks for agreeing with me", and ask you to sing Kumbaya? You got some problems, Stevie.  Snow and wind got to you? Nice backpedal. Since 2000, Boston has won more titles than any other sports market. CASE CLOSED

I would say posting at your rate would blow away any problems I would have, don't you?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Not really. I can just type really fast.  You clearly read this board as frequently as I do.

So, you aren't fooling anyone.

What if I typed a response with one letter? That's counts as post. Who cares?

Your backpedaling continues, though. Are you from NH originally?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's funny how they think we really want to go to that city.  It's a unique, fun city, but I'd argue there are more negatives than positives. Give me Chicago for the metropolis experience all day, everyday over NY. Not close. People who live in New England/Boston, generally, love it. Their arrogance is hilarious.

I agree with the arrogance; however, it's ambiguous to be arrogant and have an inferiority at the same time. Chalk this up as claptrap as a result. BTW, the arrogance seems to be rubbing off to the North, like the birds in spring; which is why there was pervasive shock after the '08 SB and ref griping after the '09 WS and '10 NBA finals.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Not really. I can just type really fast.  You clearly read this board as frequently as I do. So, you aren't fooling anyone. What if I typed a response with one letter? That's counts as post. Who cares? Your backpedaling continues, though. Are you from NH originally?

Now that's backpedalling. I believe you type 40+ words for every word I type, so you're not fooling anyone.
    And FWIW, I'm not here more than every other day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The State of New York seems to have an inferiority complex with Boston : Um, actually the Yankees won a ring more recently (2009) than your beloved RS. Yankees had quite a run about 10 yrs ago, winning 4 consecutive pennants, 3 consecutive WS, and 4 WS in 5 years, as well as a pennant in '03, all done while traversing 3 playoff rounds each season. Giants stopped the almost perfect Pats in the '08 SB, and won 2 other SBs in '86 and '90. Rangers & Devils won the CUP 4 times in the 90s and 00s. And ever hear of the long standing term "Yankee envy" ? If anything, NY fans are arrogant to a fault; they definitely don't have an inferiority complex in general. But don't let facts get in the way of your rant.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Good thing Ny has the Yankees or their championship record would be truely pathetic.

I need to stop reading your posts. I'm almost embarrrased to be from the same state as an arrogant windbag like you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

My only gripe was the '10 Finals with 24 free throws granted in the 4th quarter, and I am not even an NBA fan.

It was a great, physical Game 7, letting each team play and then Stern made the call down to make sure his Kobe jerseys were on the container to China for sale.

Very obvious and it's why I don't really like basketball and the NBA.  What a disgrace.

Yanks were the best team in 2009 and the Giants made the plays to win the SB.

Overall, I have absolutely zero complaints as a Boston fan. It's like a dream to see all teams except the horrendous Jacobs and the Bruins, really have a great chance to make a legit run every year.

I knew once the Sox and Pats got legit, committed owners something like this could happen.

The Celts had bad luck with Bias and Lewis, which set them back 15 years.

Bruins?  Fundamentally mismanaged.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The State of New York seems to have an inferiority complex with Boston : Good thing Ny has the Yankees or their championship record would be truely pathetic. I need to stop reading your posts. I'm almost embarrrased to be from the same state as an arrogant windbag like you.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

Gosh. I'm hurt. Now go crawl back under your cockroach lair.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]My only gripe was the '10 Finals with 24 free throws granted in the 4th quarter, and I am not even an NBA fan. It was a great, physical Game 7, letting each team play and then Stern made the call down to make sure his Kobe jerseys were on the container to China for sale. Very obvious and it's why I don't really like basketball and the NBA.  What a disgrace. Yanks were the best team in 2009 and the Giants made the plays to win the SB. Overall, I have absolutely zero complaints as a Boston fan. It's like a dream to see all teams except the horrendous Jacobs and the Bruins, really have a great chance to make a legit run every year. I knew once the Sox and Pats got legit, committed owners something like this could happen. The Celts had bad luck with Bias and Lewis, which set them back 15 years. Bruins?  Fundamentally mismanaged.

I partly agree with this. Bruins are the worst of the 4, but better than you assess. They could do well in the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The State of New York seems to have an inferiority complex with Boston : Now that's backpedalling. I believe you type 40+ words for every word I type, so you're not fooling anyone. And FWIW, I'm not here more than every other day.

I have been over this a million times and I can tell your insecurity is high right now because you are trying to deflect from the crux of this thread.

I am in sales. I make calls, I am on the phone.  I sometimes go out to lunch with customers. I don't sit here looking at a page all day and I am not here past 5 or 6 PM on weekdays.

My job has me prospecting on the web.  I travel, where some weeks I am not in the office.

Around holidays I don't do a lot of traveling, so I am back in forth on the phone, on email, texting, calling, etc.  MUlti-tasking is easy for me.

It just took me 20 seconds to type this.

When I say I can type really fast. I mean REALLY fast.

You were saying?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

niz good thing the NYY spend over a billion a decade otherwise NYC would have zero championships

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The State of New York seems to have an inferiority complex with Boston : I have been over this a million times and I can tell your insecurity is high right now because you are trying to deflect from the crux of this thread. I am in sales. I make calls, I am on the phone.  I sometimes go out to lunch with customers. I don't sit here looking at a page all day and I am not here past 5 or 6 PM on weekdays. My job has me prospecting on the web.  I travel, where some weeks I am not in the office. Around holidays I don't do a lot of traveling, so I am back in forth on the phone, on email, texting, calling, etc.  MUlti-tasking is easy for me. It just took me 20 seconds to type this. When I say I can type really fast. I mean REALLY fast. You were saying?

What have I said about the sports scene that wasn't true? If I rebut someone, you almost immediately smack back. If I agree, I'm back pedalling. You won't make up your mind IMO, 'cause you seem to have some issue with getting your jollies via smack talk. I originally responded to the OP, who has his opinion, and I have mine. Otherwise, I'm not sure why you feel the need to get involved.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The State of New York seems to have an inferiority complex with Boston : I partly agree with this. Bruins are the worst of the 4, but better than you assess. They could do well in the playoffs.

No, it's a mirage.

I have seen this act before.  They did a poor job allocating money and have a few bloated contracts with poor return which will hurt them in the end.

They get poor production from the top two line wings in terms of scoring.

Different team, same formula. It's starts at the top and Jacobs paid very little for Chiarelli and Julien.

And it shows.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I also don't condone the Jet's PR behavior the whole season, topped by that imbecile (who can't remember his wh-re stable's progeny) Cromartie; great talent, thick in the head. Patriots have handled themselves practically perfectly. They're winning the game before it's ever even played on the field.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The State of New York seems to have an inferiority complex with Boston : What have I said about the sports scene that wasn't true? If I rebut someone, you almost immediately smack back. If I agree, I'm back pedalling. You won't make up your mind IMO, 'cause you seem to have some issue with getting your jollies via smack talk. I originally responded to the OP, who has his opinion, and I have mine. Otherwise, I'm not sure why you feel the need to get involved.

You said NY does not have an  inferiority complex.  I said they do.  You did not like the fact I disagee with you.

You listed NY titles, but the reality is, Boston has MORE in the last 10 years.

NY also has 2-3 times more chances in each sport to win one due to them having 203 franchises in each sport.  I made this point and you ran way from it.

I am not sure inferiroty is the right word, though.

I think NY is annoyed when success comes to the New England/Boston area because they feel entitled because they are entitled with everything since the world revolves around them.

How's that?

I think some NYers think Bostonians/New Englanders are somehow jealous of NY, which is hilarious to me when I go there.  Fun place to visit, not a good place to live.

NEWSFLASH:  We are not jealous. (I don't live in the area anymore, just for the record).

Are you from NY?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

I think if you gave truth seram to the New York Jets they'd probably to a man say that playing for Bill Belichick gave them more of a chance to win a championship than playing for the blowhard Rex Ryan. Banner 4 in 10 years here we come. Hey New Yorkers living in Boston you are welcome to celebrate with us Bostonians..... again..... in a few weeks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The State of New York seems to have an inferiority complex with Boston : You said NY does not have an  inferiority complex.  I said they do.  You did not like the fact I disagee with you. I am not sure inferiroty is the right word, though. I think NY is annoyed when success comes to the New England/Boston area because they feel entitled because they are entitled with everything since the world revolves around them. How's that? I think some NYers think Bostonians/New Englanders are somehow jealous of NY, which is hilarious to me when I go there.  Fun place to visit, not a good place to live. NEWSFLASH:  We are not jealous. (I don't live in the area anymore, just for the record). Are you from NY?

Now that you reworded it this way, it makes more sense. The NE jealousy thing has calmed down a great deal the past decade, for obvious reasons. Back in those days, IMO, RS fans were more concerned about the Yankees than visa versa. Yankee fans were always arrogant, and had a sense of entitlement. (This is rubbing off now in NE, however.) Now what's left on both sides is lingering hostility, aka rivalries. As far as the Pats-Jets are concerned, I believe that is just an afterthought sprouting out of RS/Yankees. Giants were basically inert (and many older NE fans were Giant fans pre-AFL) until they tripped into each other during the '08 SB. And Yes, I'm originally a NYer, but haven't lived there since graduating college in '78. My kids are RS/PAT fans, even my wife. This makes for interesting banter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

See, that's fine.  But, from what I have seen is a fairly even success situation in each city.

Boston having the Celts, NY having the Yanks, and really everything else pretty even between the two cities, except for the Giants having the older and better tradition over the Pats, obviously.

The Isles had their early 80s dynasty and if not for Orr's leg problems, Boston would have owned the 70s instead of just winning the two Cups.

Giants then won two SBs in the late 80s/early 90s and I enjoyed watching those clubs from afar.

I hate the Yankees because they have the checkbook. Some teams I liked.  1998, for example.

The Boston fans who are entitled are 25 and younger. Trust me on that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]See, that's fine.  But, from what I have seen is Boston having the Celts, NY having the Yanks, and really everything else pretty even between the two cities, except for the Giants having the older and better tradition over the Pats, obviously. The Isles had their early 80s dynasty and if not for Orr's leg problems, Boston would have owned the 70s instead of just winning the two Cups. Giants then won two SBs in the late 80s/early 90s and I enjoyed watching those clubs from afar. I hate the Yankees because they have the checkbook. Some teams I liked.  1998, for example. The Boston fans who are entitled are 25 and younger. Trust me on that.

OK. We can only dream what Orr and Mantle would have done with healthy legs. Here's guessing Orr would have surpassed Gretzky with some of those #s.