The Steel Curtain torn?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

The Steel Curtain torn?

Don't know how everybody feels about the b!tchburgh steelers, but I hate them with a passion that burns hotter than a thousand suns. Could this be the year that they fail to make the playoffs? I find myself watching them every week almost as intently as I watch the pats, just hoping and praying that they lose so many games that they don't even get into the tournament.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: The Steel Curtain torn!

In Response to The Steel Curtain torn!:
    [QUOTE]Don't know how everybody feels about the b!tchburgh steelers, but I hate them with a passion that burns hotter than a thousand suns. Could this be the year that they fail to make the playoffs? I find myself watching them every week almost as intently as I watch the pats, just hoping and praying that they lose so many games that they don't even get into the tournament.
    Posted by DynastyXXXVI[/QUOTE]

No Roethlisberger tonight.

No Polamalu, either.

3rd string quarterback starting against Ed Reed (the guy who disguises coverages so well that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have a hard time reading him).

I think the Steelers can't afford to lose any more games if they want to GUARANTEE a playoff spot.  10-6 might not cut it for at least one team this year with the way things are shaping up.  I could see Denver, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh all having a chance to finish 10-6 (I know mathematically the AFC South teams all can't, but having four 10-6 teams isn't unfeasible).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: The Steel Curtain torn?

In Response to The Steel Curtain torn?:
    [QUOTE]Don't know how everybody feels about the b!tchburgh steelers, but I hate them with a passion that burns hotter than a thousand suns. Could this be the year that they fail to make the playoffs? I find myself watching them every week almost as intently as I watch the pats, just hoping and praying that they lose so many games that they don't even get into the tournament.

I too hate the Steelers as much as I hate the Jets. Listening to the redneck Steeler fans on sirius NFL made me hate them even more. I just put a few Bucks on the Ravens tonight. Dennis Dixon better not Skrew me and play good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I hate the Steelers too...

Big Ben is a fraud... I think the Steelers were so lucky that they never had to go through the Pats for their SB's this decade.  They were so lucky NE had that horrible game in Denver in 2005, and then no Brady in 2008. 

They got 2 freebies IMO!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to Re: The Steel Curtain torn?:
    [QUOTE]I hate the Steelers too... Big Ben is a fraud... I think the Steelers were so lucky that they never had to go through the Pats for their SB's this decade.  They were so lucky NE had that horrible game in Denver in 2005, and then no Brady in 2008.  They got 2 freebies IMO!!!
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

IraqSteve you truly speak the truth. The Steelers never had to get the SB through NE. Rothlisberger's fake face material, plastic or whatever, must be crumpled like a sprite bottle. They're playing the rope a dope with Big Ben and I don't think he's got many more rounds left in him. Someday this guy is going to need Vicadin just to get out of bed.  I wouldn't say those championships were freebies though, they just cheapened up the trophy for that year. No one will ever air the Pitts Seattle SB again unless Roethlisberger loses this rape thing he's involved in and people want to highlight how much he sux. On that day he finished the game having completed just 9 of 21 passes for 123 yards and having also thrown two interceptions; his 22.6 quarterback rating was the lowest ever of any by a Super Bowl winning quarterback.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

The Steelers made it a lot closer than I thought they would.

Nonetheless, they're now 6-5 and fighting for a wild card spot.

I wonder if Polamalu will come back this year... that would make a world of difference for their defense.  There were so many occasions tonight where I thought that the Ravens wouldn't have made a certain play on offense if Polamalu was flying into the frame to make the stop or break up the pass...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Unfortunately, we can't shovel the dirt on the Steelers just yet.  They finish out with a much easier schedule than Cincy or Baltimore.  They could still win their division however, they have lost 3 in a row and sure look beatable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

This is why I want to play th Colts in the AFC champ game.  I want to go through them again... but if not its ok.

Back in 2004, how pumped were you guys when the Sox beat the Yanks?  If the Twins knocked off the Yankees and the Sox beat the Twins in the ALCS for their 2004 WS, it would not have meant anything because the Redsox needed to get over that hump.

That is why (as much as it pains me) I give credit to Indy in 2006.  They did it... they beat the Pats straight up!  And the Pats have beat them many times before so now if the Pats ir Colts go to the SB and do not play each other it is ok.  But some of these other teams that contend (Pitt, SD, Cincy), I think they need to go through one of the AFC "Superpowers".

No AFC team is afraid of playing Pitt or San Diego or Cincy in the AFC Champ game... its New England and Indy they fear. 

Just my opinion!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Polamalu

Is this the Madden curse?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

In Response to The Steel Curtain torn?:

I thought you were going to mention the Hines Ward interview before the game, when he call Ben out for not playing.  he said-- he practiced and he should haved played  interesting. sounds like some issues in the locker room.

btw way the only hate I have are for Manning, Polian, Dungy, and the Colts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]The Steelers made it a lot closer than I thought they would. Nonetheless, they're now 6-5 and fighting for a wild card spot. I wonder if Polamalu will come back this year... that would make a world of difference for their defense.  There were so many occasions tonight where I thought that the Ravens wouldn't have made a certain play on offense if Polamalu was flying into the frame to make the stop or break up the pass...
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Same here..The Ravens pulled it out and covered also which didn't hurt my feelings. Dixon played better than I thought he would against the Ravens "D".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Steel Curtain torn? : I thought you were going to mention the Hines Ward interview before the game, when he call Ben out for not playing.  he said-- he practiced and he should haved played  interesting. sounds like some issues in the locker room. btw way the only hate I have are for Manning, Polian, Dungy, and the Colts
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Typical Hines Ward Stuff. He apparently doesn't care if Ben gets Concussed again and ends his carreer for one game that they the Steelers could have pulled out anyway. Dixon didn't even play that bad considering he had to go against a pretty good Ravens "D".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Re: The Steel Curtain torn!

In Response to Re: The Steel Curtain torn!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Steel Curtain torn! : No Roethlisberger tonight. No Polamalu, either. 3rd string quarterback starting against Ed Reed (the guy who disguises coverages so well that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have a hard time reading him).

Nick, I agree, last night was not the Steelers and they almost pulled it out. They are one of the toughest teams we will face in the playoffs