The War of 18-12

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

The War of 18-12

I love this.  I love Indy being back on the map in a really big way. 

I love that our owner escalated the hype.  I hate how he did it.  While attempting to just escalate the hype, he may have done some real damage to his own brand in the process. 

I will always defend the colts ownership given the value he's brought to our city with his team.  I cannot always support the things he says or does.  On that, he will never dupe me. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: The War of 18-12

I didn't give a f#ck about anything in your post or about your crap Colts, but the title. First I was like...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Then I was like..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why?

Brady v Manning = 18-12, you waited till now to burst this out?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

I'm glad that somebody finally said what we've all known all along.  Peyton is all about Peyton.  Running up scores, artificially padding his stats.  Whiny, chokes.  Give me Eli over Peyton.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Colts forum is  ----> way

wait no it's    <-------- way......

ok maybe not is it    ^   way

|

|

oh wait there aren't enough real Collts fans to have an actual forum my bad. Ok I guess under the refuge act you can post here, but it's only because your fanbase cares less about the Colts than ours does (which is barely more than zero at this point). Btw, I hate when owners come out and get on former players (no matter how true) just sounds like sour grapes too me

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Will-Redd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm glad that somebody finally said what we've all known all along.  Peyton is all about Peyton.  Running up scores, artificially padding his stats.  Whiny, chokes.  Give me Eli over Peyton.

[/QUOTE]

Gimme a glory hog who over performs because he wants the glory and puts too much pressure on himself which leads him to fail over a flukie, lucky moron anyday of the week. The only QBs I would consider over Peyton Manning when starting a franchise are Brady, Brees and Rodgers.

You don't have to like Peyton, but don't insult his talent. Eli Manning sucks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

We know what Manning is but he made the Colts a lot of money as he does for Denver now. Irsay should keep it to himself and be happy he had the 2nd best QB all those years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Colts forum is  ----> way

wait no it's    <-------- way......

ok maybe not is it    ^   way

|

|

oh wait there aren't enough real Collts fans to have an actual forum my bad. Ok I guess under the refuge act you can post here, but it's only because your fanbase cares less about the Colts than ours does (which is barely more than zero at this point). Btw, I hate when owners come out and get on former players (no matter how true) just sounds like sour grapes too me

[/QUOTE]

Just in case he needs some help with your directions...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Gimme a glory hog who over performs because he wants the glory and puts too much pressure on himself which leads him to fail over a flukie, lucky moron anyday of the week. The only QBs I would consider over Peyton Manning when starting a franchise are Brady, Brees and Rodgers.

You don't have to like Peyton, but don't insult his talent. Eli Manning sucks.

[/QUOTE]

Peyton does have more talent.  I'm talking about winning.  I'd rather win ugly than not win.  Eli has won games in situations where Peyton has choked.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I love that our owner escalated the hype.  I hate how he did it.  While attempting to just escalate the hype, he may have done some real damage to his own brand in the process. 

I will always defend the colts ownership given the value he's brought to our city with his team.  I cannot always support the things he says or does.  On that, he will never dupe me. 

UD

Agreed.
    Irsay and Manning have brought great value to the city of Indianapolis.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. Irsay is correct in his analysis.

2. Irsay is a tool and an unprofessional moron announcing his opinion on something that has already happened.

Manning singlehandedly built that new stadium and made Irsay millions he otherwise would have never made in that hokey sports town.

That's  a fact. Indy never could attract FAs because no one ever wanted to play there. It was a place of second chances or limited skill cast offs, mixed in with 1st rd busts for years and years until Marshall Faulk and then Manning. Getting Manning, dealing Faulk, was what set them on their course.

Irsay doesn't need to announce what the public already knew about Pay-Me-A-Ton.

[/QUOTE]
    Football players go anywhere for money.  Basketball players, on the other hand, get their money and their wish to play where they wish if they are good enough. 

I cannot remember the last time Indy sought and lost a FA of a caliber/talent that mattered.  Given your vast knowledge on the subject, please share with us an example.  And give me all of the examples of the 1st round busts you speak of.  There weren't many.  What there was, was poor front office management.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

There is no "war" between Brady and Manning.  Each are great in their own right.  When you think of it, there will never, ever, be a concensus regarding which QB in all of NFL history is the GoAT.  Statistics are one thing, look at Marino with no rings, and he is on the discussion.

Overall, these types of GoAT wars are contrived by the media and propped up by the fans of NFL football. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

As if we care how you feel, troll.

LOL!!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I could be wrong but i think this thread was about the Milagro Bean Field War. Much like Peyton's playoff record there were no real winners in that war.

Just a waste of beans.

Is this what you were trying to say underdog?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

What I read into "the war of 18-12" is that Mannings # is 18 and Andrew Luck # is 12 ....not Tom Brady 12. They clash this week. The real ? is .....which one is UD6 rooting for?

Have a great day all ....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

People here love to say stuff like this, but I don't understand why.

Running up the score:  After the teams can come back from amazing deficits.  Scoring as many points as you can is generally a good idea.

Padding his stats:  When should a QBs stats matter?  First half only?  Fourth quarter only if behind or winning by less than seven points?  If it's seven minutes left in the fourth and they're up by 21, why would a 10 yard pass be artificial?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What I read into "the war of 18-12" is that Mannings # is 18 and Andrew Luck # is 12 ....not Tom Brady 12. They clash this week. The real ? is .....which one is UD6 rooting for?

[/QUOTE]

Of course the troll will be pulling for his hero, Peyton. But, he'll deny it, and say that he's still a Colts fan...that is...until they start losing. The Dog(gggggg) has even less credibility here than a crooked politician.    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course the troll will be pulling for his hero, Peyton. But, he'll deny it, and say that he's still a Colts fan...that is...until they start losing. The Dog(gggggg) has even less credibility here than a crooked politician.    

[/QUOTE]

A crooked politician? Do you mean does this count ..... of course that depends on UD6 angle for starting his thread. Eh?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A crooked politician? Do you mean does this count ..... of course that depends on UD6 angle for starting his thread. Eh?

[/QUOTE]

Is former President Bush giving his opinion on current President Barry, here?  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rivalry is over....you can go home now. Quit crying on this forum about '03 and '04. Nobody but you cares

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

People here love to say stuff like this, but I don't understand why.

Running up the score:  After the teams can come back from amazing deficits.  Scoring as many points as you can is generally a good idea.

Padding his stats:  When should a QBs stats matter?  First half only?  Fourth quarter only if behind or winning by less than seven points?  If it's seven minutes left in the fourth and they're up by 21, why would a 10 yard pass be artificial?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is the Offense's job to score points and the Defense's job to keep them from scoring.  When the Patriots throw up a 50-burger, Belichick and Brady are piling on, padding numbers.  When Peyton does it is a thing of wonder.  This is the NFL, everyone should be able to floor it, not just Peyton.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Time to bump the thread.  Who are pats fans rooting for?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

Time to bump the thread.  Who are pats fans rooting for?

[/QUOTE]

Rooting for a troll free Pat's fan forum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I miss the old "who,s better Payton or Brady" discussions. Not much of a discussion anymore. 

Go colts!