THE WHOLE DEAL (AND THE TRUTH) ABOUT JANORIS JENKINS - NEW ARTICLE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

THE WHOLE DEAL (AND THE TRUTH) ABOUT JANORIS JENKINS - NEW ARTICLE

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7742812/2012-nfl-draft-former-florida-gators-cb-janoris-jenkins-walking-tightrope

HIS COACH THIS PAST YEAR.
    "Janoris isn't a risk of being a problem off the field in the NFL," Bowden said. "He's a tough kid and a hard worker. I always felt like Janoris was handling his business."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: THE WHOLE DEAL (AND THE TRUTH) ABOUT JANORIS JENKINS - NEW ARTICLE

Coming from the coach who had no clue Jenkins had 4 kids I would argue he has no real clue what Jenkins does off the field

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: THE WHOLE DEAL (AND THE TRUTH) ABOUT JANORIS JENKINS - NEW ARTICLE:
    [QUOTE]Coming from the coach who had no clue Jenkins had 4 kids I would argue his coach has no real clue what Jenkins does off the field
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

have you read the article?
    coach said he didnt know because jenkins never let it affect his responsibilities.
    its not his job to handle his players personal life. sure would be great if he was that involved, but hes got a whole team of players. it's much to expect.

try to be a little impartial.

your critique sounds like you dont have an open mind to read the facts and interviews done in this article. if thats the case, so be it. i wont respond further to your comments on this. if you're willing to consider it openmindedly, great.

if we agree to diagree that's all good.

peace

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: THE WHOLE DEAL (AND THE TRUTH) ABOUT JANORIS JENKINS - NEW ARTICLE:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE WHOLE DEAL (AND THE TRUTH) ABOUT JANORIS JENKINS - NEW ARTICLE : have you read the article? coach said he didnt know because jenkins never let it affect his responsibilities. its not his job to handle his players personal life. sure would be great if he was that involved, but hes got a whole team of players. it's much to expect. try to be a little impartial. your critique sounds like you dont have an open mind to read the facts and interviews done in this article. if thats the case, so be it. i wont respond further to your comments on this. if you're willing to consider it openmindedly, great. if we agree to diagree that's all good. peace
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

It's a poof piece that doesn't present facts just opinions. And yes I read the piece.

Facts are he has more red flags then positive notes at this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Obviously he's able to keep things in check so his coach doesnt notice he has four kids and whatnots. So He's obviously trying to make an effort to do the right thing. With strong personality's like BB and TB in the locker room i could see a guy like him flourishing in an orginazation that has a support system and helps him find the right path in life. We all make mistakes sometime we need somone to guide us towards whats most important in life. Im not saying BB is gonna hold his hand but he's always one to give it to you straight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

thanks for chiming in all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

I don't like to judge others, and I know it's not my place. I heard Pat Kirwan on NFL radio today say that he wouldn't touch the kid and that he knows for a fact that some teams have completely removed him from their board. I have a ton of respect for Kirwan so I'm gonna side with him on this one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE] I don't like to judge others, and I know it's not my place. I heard Pat Kirwan on NFL radio today say that he wouldn't touch the kid and that he knows for a fact that some teams have completely removed him from their board. I have a ton of respect for Kirwan so I'm gonna side with him on this one.
    Posted by Joel63[/QUOTE]
    There were teams that red flagged Nando and Spikes coming out of UF, granted their issues were nowhere near as extensive as Jenkins, but just because some teams remove a player from their board doesn't mean the Pats can't give him a look.  I guess i'm just on the bandwagon a bit, but I see pretty special mirror skills from this kid, he can flat out cover people.  He does come with risk attached though, i'm not denying that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE WHOLE DEAL (AND THE TRUTH) ABOUT JANORIS JENKINS - NEW ARTICLE : There were teams that red flagged Nando and Spikes coming out of UF, granted their issues were nowhere near as extensive as Jenkins, but just because some teams remove a player from their board doesn't mean the Pats can't give him a look.  I guess i'm just on the bandwagon a bit, but I see pretty special mirror skills from this kid, he can flat out cover people.  He does come with risk attached though, i'm not denying that.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

agreed and agreed.
    thanks for the post

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE] I don't like to judge others, and I know it's not my place. I heard Pat Kirwan on NFL radio today say that he wouldn't touch the kid and that he knows for a fact that some teams have completely removed him from their board. I have a ton of respect for Kirwan so I'm gonna side with him on this one.
    Posted by Joel63[/QUOTE]

very well. reasonable.

if im bb, i check him out myself.
    and if i think i can work with him, i take the risk.
    not a lot of choir boys in the nfl.
    pot and a fight are not irreconcilable and irredeemable offenses in my book (if you read teh details in the link above.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

J. Jenkins = A. Jones

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Look, nobody including BB will know how Jenkins will pan out. It only takes one big mistake or one bad decision to ruin a multi-million dollar draft decision and impact our ability to win. So all you have is past history as a precursor to future potential behavior...and his off field mental distractions. He may have turned his life around, but still, it is a risky decision to draft him early. I wouldn't hesitate to take him with our third pick, but no higher. You need your first round picks to be clean, smart, cooperative and motivated.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I am sure many coaches are struggling with this issue right now.Do I know him? Has he changed? What evidence of change is there? How much am I willing to risk in terms of a draft pick on him?

The answer depends on how good are at assessing character. I have been negative about Jenkins based on the constellation of problems which may indicate an impulse control disorder but I would not rule him out without giving him a large battery of psychological tests and an intensive, confrontative interview to see how he manages stress.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE] I am sure many coaches are struggling with this issue right now.Do I know him? Has he changed? What evidence of change is there? How much am I willing to risk in terms of a draft pick on him? The answer depends on how good are at assessing character. I have been negative about Jenkins based on the constellation of problems which may indicate an impulse control disorder but I would not rule him out without giving him a large battery of psychological tests and an intensive, confrontative interview to see how he manages stress.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

Any player selected is a risk. Getting a good character guy increases the odds that he'll be a productive player. Getting a guy with Jenkins' baggage decreases those odds. But, even if he's productive on the field, what good is he if off-field issues cause him to be jailed (Aqib Talib), or suspended (Pacman Jones)? Who needs those headaches?      

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE WHOLE DEAL (AND THE TRUTH) ABOUT JANORIS JENKINS - NEW ARTICLE :      Any player selected is a risk. Getting a good character guy increases the odds that he'll be a productive player. Getting a guy with Jenkins' baggage decreases those odds. But, even if he's productive on the field, what good is he if off-field issues cause him to be jailed (Aqib Talib), or suspended (Pacman Jones)? Who needs those headaches?      
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Jenkins has had serious issues with drug use (though honestly I could care less about marijuana so long as he cuts it out during the season, if anything it'll keep him indoors and away from clubs/bars) and he was arrested once for participating in a bar fight in 2009....These are real issues, but let's be serious here, the NFL is NOT full of saints and angels.  Big Bang Clock shot someone and took his helmet to a FIU players head, granted it was after his friend was robbed, but it just illustrates a broader point.  Now if they interview him and spend some time with him, and it's clear that the guy is still a total goon in the Talib/Pacman mold, then of course the Pats should take a pass.  I just think it would be a mistake to remove him from consideration, from a pure football standpoint this guy has top 10 talent and I genuienly think he could be the best cover-1/0 guy to come out since Revis.  He absolutely clings to people, and is more physical with the jam that one would expect for someone of modest size.  I love his game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hulk. Show hulk's posts

If he slips into the second round and is available, I think the Patriots would take him.  It would also motivate this young man to show everyone that they made a mistake in not drafting him.  From everything I've read, he seems like a really good young man, that has not had anyone around him to show him right from wrong.  He would do well in the Patriots system.  I remember when these "experts" said Aaron Hernandez was a great talent, but his off-the-field antics would be a problem.  He seems to be doing well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE WHOLE DEAL (AND THE TRUTH) ABOUT JANORIS JENKINS - NEW ARTICLE : Jenkins has had serious issues with drug use (though honestly I could care less about marijuana so long as he cuts it out during the season, if anything it'll keep him indoors and away from clubs/bars) and he was arrested once for participating in a bar fight in 2009....These are real issues, but let's be serious here, the NFL is NOT full of saints and angels.  Big Bang Clock shot someone and took his helmet to a FIU players head, granted it was after his friend was robbed, but it just illustrates a broader point.  Now if they interview him and spend some time with him, and it's clear that the guy is still a total goon in the Talib/Pacman mold, then of course the Pats should take a pass.  I just think it would be a mistake to remove him from consideration, from a pure football standpoint this guy has top 10 talent and I genuienly think he could be the best cover-1/0 guy to come out since Revis.  He absolutely clings to people, and is more physical with the jam that one would expect for someone of modest size.  I love his game.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

agreed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]If he slips into the second round and is available, I think the Patriots would take him.  It would also motivate this young man to show everyone that they made a mistake in not drafting him.  From everything I've read, he seems like a really good young man, that has not had anyone around him to show him right from wrong.  He would do well in the Patriots system.  I remember when these "experts" said Aaron Hernandez was a great talent, but his off-the-field antics would be a problem.  He seems to be doing well.
    Posted by hulk[/QUOTE]

agreed. cept id take himin first. great thoughtful posts today everyone.
    from looks of things well be lucky if detroit doent take him at 23