The worst part about the loss...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The worst part about the loss...

Yeah, the secondary was bad and blew the game, Ridley did his best Maroney impression and Brady and the offense couldn't do shat in the redzone, but none of that compares to this.

When the Seahawks got the TD and took the lead, I was bummed, but I hadn't lost hope because our HOF SB game winning drive QB had the ball with 1:36 seconds to go with merely a 2 point defecit to overcome. In the old days, I'll sit back and watch how QB should be done. Brady would take his team down the field and get the spike with 2 seconds to go in FG range. Yesterday, I knew what was coming, the Pats weren't going to do what I expected them to do and I was right. 4 plays later and 40 seconds later, the Seahawks had the ball again.

Our secondary is bad, true, but our offense isn't as great as we like to think. Time and time and again we have a shot to sit on the ball and ride into the sunset or we have to just drive down the field and get 3 and we never get it done. It was disheartening everytime Russell Wilson threw deep because I knew he would find the open guy, but it was equally depressing knowing that Tom Brady and the offense weren't going to do a thing to salvage an already embarassing performance by the entire team.

I've never wrote off the Pats, not even in 2010 when we all knew they weren't a good team, but I'm going to go ahead and do it now. No longer can I get by with the fact that we have BB and Brady so everything will be alright. BB gaffes almost every week and Brady gets outplayed by every QB he faces--granted, the opposing QB is facing off against the worst secondary I've seen since....LAST YEAR'S New England Patriots secondary, but still. Brady isn't the cerebral assassin he used to be.

I know, I deserve all the hate that's coming to me for abaondoning ship before the ship has even left the habour, but I know I'm riding on the Titanic so why wait till it gets to frozen waters. I hope the Pats win the SB this year because I still love them, but I won't invest anytime into them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: The worst part about the loss...

Your frustrated about the loss, yesterday's hit particularly hard because of the way it all went down. That said, there's still plenty of time to right the ship, the giants have been close to firing coughlin twice only to go on and win the Super Bowl . I'm on this ship no matter what but it's going to take a beatdown of the Jets to get this one out of my mind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Hope you enjoyed the ride.  What ship are you jumping on next?  I would suggest Houston, but they got smoked last night.  Guess Atlanta is your next hope. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the worst part about the loss if we have fans like you who are jumping off the ship and then when the pats start winning again, you will act like you were aboard the whole time....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

We lost a game, the world is going to end! Quick BB, call Gary Kubiak and Jim Harbaugh, join the group of elite teams that now completly suck, can't coach, play offense or defense.

Oh wait...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

49- You are a man of vision. Start watching the Jets. Their QB is only getting better as he gets older where Brady... well he's getting old and it shows. Showed up yesterday for everybody to see

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the worst part about the loss if we have fans like you who are jumping off the ship and then when the pats start winning again, you will act like you were aboard the whole time....

[/QUOTE]

Well put.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Your frustrated about the loss, yesterday's hit particularly hard because of the way it all went down. That said, there's still plenty of time to right the ship, the giants have been close to firing coughlin twice only to go on and win the Super Bowl . I'm on this ship no matter what but it's going to take a beatdown of the Jets to get this one out of my mind.

[/QUOTE]

I've been on this ship since the 60s. Since then it's sank, refloated, went to great places and steamed in circles. Even so it's still the only ship I'll ever sail on.

After all we could be like the Jets whose ship floated 43 years ago then sank never to be seen again.

Besides I grew up in Somerville. My childhood teams are my teams and despite living in several places around the country I've never adopted the teams of my new homes and never will.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to GadisRKO's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We lost a game, the world is going to end! Quick BB, call Gary Kubiak and Jim Harbaugh, join the group of elite teams that now completly suck, can't coach, play offense or defense.

Oh wait...

[/QUOTE]

I thought the world wasn't going to end until december?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Still a Patriot fan, just not goint to waste time getting all stressed watching the game. Whatever happens, happens, but I don't give a p00p either way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Seriously though the worst part about this loss is all of the Jets trolls running around again on this board.  They will shut up soon enough though once we stomp their pathetic team on Sunday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]We lost a game, the world is going to end! Quick BB, call Gary Kubiak and Jim Harbaugh, join the group of elite teams that now completly suck, can't coach, play offense or defense.

Oh wait...

I thought the world wasn't going to end until december?[/QUOTE]

Well too bad, Patriots lost by one point and the world is ending. Did you also hear the two best teams from both the AFC and NFC also got demolished AT HOME nonetheless? The world MUST be ending.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Still a Patriot fan, just not goint to waste time getting all stressed watching the game. Whatever happens, happens, but I don't give a p00p either way.

[/QUOTE]

then you're not a fan if you dont care.....you are really overreacting to this loss.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I'll say it again. Everything changes from week to week. We have a home game against the Jets and  a "road" game (in London) against the Rams. While there are no guarantees, I like the chances of Pats going into the bye at 5-3.

This team can still find their groove and get cooking. Hernandez will be back to full strength (hopefully next week) and we'll get Hightower and Edelman back soon enough. 

Just remember who won the last 2 super bowls and how great their regular seasons were.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seriously though the worst part about this loss is all of the Jets trolls running around again on this board.  They will shut up soon enough though once we stomp their pathetic team on Sunday.

[/QUOTE]

they still wont shut up, but it would be nice if the pats stomp the jets on sunday

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the worst part is the real Fat Rex is chirping again, starting to get some swagger back. I read he now thinks he made a mistake putting Revis on IR.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to GadisRKO's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]In response to GadisRKO's comment:

Oh wait...

I thought the world wasn't going to end until december?[/QUOTE]

Well too bad, Patriots lost by one points and the world is ending. Did you also hear the two best teams from both the AFC and NFC also got demolished AT HOME nonetheless? The world MUST be ending.

[/QUOTE]

Lol. 49ers got spanked on their own field, and yet the world is ending because we lost by one on the road against Seattle. The horror!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey NE fans-To be a sports fan in NE is it a rule that I have to put those tacky team logo stickers on every vehicle that I own. Even the redsox after the last couple of years?

I ask because I was up in boston over the weekend and that's all I saw

[/QUOTE]

lmao no, you are right alot of people do have boston team logo stickers on their cars though

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

The Pats have lost 3 gms by a total of 4 pts! Concern yes, but hardly Armageddon. Rex Ryan is already stirring-the-pot claiming victory before the battle even begins. A 45-3 whipping of the Jests and all is forgotten. What we're witnesssing is the winding down of the BB/TB era. It was a great run and I think both have another SB win in them. The moribund secondary needs to be replaced in it's entirety. Chung, Arrington, McCourtey and the rest of the secondary stiffs are dreadful.  Bring up some practice squard types and signed FA's, plenty out there, hungry and looking for work.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

49 - you say this now but you know as well as anyone the moment the game comes on you'll be glued to the seat just like you always have been. It's was beyond a frustrating lose and one everyone saw coming after the 3rd quarter. Heck even my mother over the phone asked, what was wrong with the Pats if they don't start putting points and keep on throwing it they are going to lose this one. She also didn't understand why they were giving the mini Flutie (her words) enough time to bake a cake and weren't trying to hit him. Now if my mother who doesn't understand the game that well could call them losing because they were passing to much and weren't aggressive down the stretch on D then something is really wrong and that's the worst part for me

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to chiefret's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats have lost 3 gms by a total of 4 pts! Concern yes, but hardly Armageddon. Rex Ryan is already stirring-the-pot claiming victory before the battle even begins. A 45-3 whipping of the Jests and all is forgotten. What we're witnesssing is the winding down of the BB/TB era. It was a great run and I think both have another SB win in them. The moribund secondary needs to be replaced in it's entirety. Chung, Arrington, McCourtey and the rest of the secondary stiffs are dreadful.  Bring up some practice squard types and signed FA's, plenty out there, hungry and looking for work.

[/QUOTE]

It's not how much they lost by or even who they lost too so much as it is the way they lost. They lost because they stubornly made themselves 1 dimension and backed their O into a corner. They lost because they became passive on D and gave up the one thing a passive D is suppose to prevent, the big plays. They lost because the coaching staff didn't make adjustments to the last two times they lost in the same exact manor.

1) A balance O with a committed running game is our key to success

2) The prevent D gives up more big plays and quicker then being aggressive

3) The coaching staff over thinks itself and sometimes in non-ideal situations you just need to get back to the basics and grind out a win