THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT THE PATS OF 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT THE PATS OF 2013

Have the look of destiny perhaps??  How can this team be 10-3 and have the possibility of home field advantage in their control?  OUT: Wilfork, Mayo, Vollmer, Gronk, rookies injured (missed Vareen, Amendola, Gronk for large parts of the year), Welker, Hern gone????  With half of these guys still in, wouldn't NE be the hands down SB favourite about now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT THE PATS OF 2013

Sounds good to me! Look they are making do with less and I think the close games make them favorites in future close games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Its all about Coaching. Been watching Football for 50 years, the good Coaches will, get the job done. Landry, Shula, Walsh, etc.
    QB's are a big factor, but nothing like a  Great Head Coach.
    Injuries are part of the game. Bad Coaches wont be prepared for an injury.

Pats Fans should really appreciate how GREAT Bill Belichick is as a Head Coach. Dying breed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Its all about Coaching.

By the way crazyworldoftroybrown is the second best name I have ever seen on this board. The best is still Rowdy Roddy Rust or Rowdy Rod Rust I can't remember which it is. He only posts a few times a month. So good for you Smile.

PS: I once saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers wear the Arthur Brown fire hat in concert which was pretty cool.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Thanks, somebody caught on. FIRE!!!!! I think you should burn.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

yes I believe the Pats would be no less than equal to the Sea birdsGM, coaching, coachable players, players with grit

no one here would really predict that the Pats would still be in the hunt with those losses ( okay some here believe the uniform or TB alone could lol )

All of the analysts have written them off. we really have no right to expect them to win but there is no way to count them out. 

how many rookies and udfa s are on this team? 14? I believed the rookie wrs would get there, and they have been good enuf early, and getting better , so much that we now believe in each one and Bb will get them where they have to be. and because of the way they have been brought along they shouldn't hit the wall, Not to forget Ryan and CollinsCollins

Yes we have TB and his stats don't say enough about his year

They have been close game after game , had chances to quit and didn't 2 We shouldn't be rolled, they could have easily lost a few more games, but some teams know what to do in the clutch. and we have to remember when the breaks go your way, the odds will catch up  to you, 

just remember 18-1

The margin is thin and no game is easy

but if they get behind,  you may not want to follow the game thread. Lol 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Its all about Coaching. Been watching Football for 50 years, the good Coaches will, get the job done. Landry, Shula, Walsh, etc.
    QB's are a big factor, but nothing like a  Great Head Coach.
    Injuries are part of the game. Bad Coaches wont be prepared for an injury.

Walsh was 8-24 until Montana came along. Landry was 4-20 until Meredith came along, then followed with Staubach. Shula had Unitas, Greise and Marino. Unitas was great before Shula even started coaching, and Ewbank did nothing with the jets until Namath came along. Paul Brown was a dud once Jim Brown and Graham were out of his world.

The great players make the great coaches.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The great players make the great coaches."

Agreed. There are some great coaches not in the playoffs this year. Tomlin is a great coach. So is Coughlin. John Fox and in particular his Denver fill-in are not as good. But they have Peyton Manning. 

If for some reason we didn't have Brady for the next three games Belichick would be hard pressed for wins. 

I'm not a team of destiny guy, most teams figure they are teams of destiny. 

I do think BB has been a great coach this year, and the Pats have done a lot this season given the personnel lost. 

Not to mention two losses decided on very questionable calls. 

As for the Dolphins....go Pats!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Destiny is a concept, rooted in philosphies of determinism.  It ASSUMES a belief on some fixed order to events in the unverse or reality.  It is completely dependent on faith in a Higher Order, a Creator, a Single Consciousness, G-d, Wiccan Nature Fairies or whatever your thing is.....

With that as my preface, I'll believe in Football Gods and hope it turns out that way for the Pats. All the Way.  Whether it's "destiny" or simply an improbable sum of random events that determine game outcomes, I'll take it.  It's always better when it's unexpeceted, like 2001, rather than the "conventional wisdom" of the statistics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

good post babe

you cannot win in this league without great players

Tuna said that the job was to talent evaluate, obtain talent and then coach ( not exact quote)

You have  to wonder if montana or TB landed somewhere else would they have ever had the shot to be great, All the other players u mentioned were known as great players before they got to the nfl. There was a tape of Walsh talking about what he saw in Montanas feet movement and then Montana had great comeback games at ND. Simiarly TB had great come back games at MU, even in the Rose bowl ( and also great feet) Wasn't TB kept as the 4th Qb? and we all know the story of how BB chose to go with TB over Bledsoe even tho Bledsoe was who he was

There have been a whole host of #1qbs who failed, TB and montana were legendarily passed over. both Walsh and Bb had an offensive philosophy that has proven to be elite 

Walsh then got Steve young, and we know what Bb did when TB was hurt, they both have won for years

on the other Gost thread, Bb says how there was a high talent level and that each year both TB and Gost got better, Both kept working, both had great individual coaching

This destiny thing i think is when players over achieve and the odds are against them. they get into the Zone for the players, and the coach must help them get into the right position.

Auerbac was a great coach, but he also needed talent

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No matter how good the coach is, and no question in my mind that BB is in the conversation of best NFL HC ever, you can't win without the players.  Early on this season, the D kept the team afloat.  As the year progressed and Brady and the wideouts got in sync the O has carried the day as injuries on the D side mounted.  It takes both, players and excellent coaching, to win.  Seems kind of obvious to me.

Team of Destiny?  Don't know about that.  I do know that this is one reslient bunch. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Walsh was 8-24 until Montana came along. Landry was 4-20 until Meredith came along, then followed with Staubach. Shula had Unitas, Greise and Marino. Unitas was great before Shula even started coaching, and Ewbank did nothing with the jets until Namath came along. Paul Brown was a dud once Jim Brown and Graham were out of his world.

The great players make the great coaches.

[/QUOTE]

Belichick also happens to be the GM.

Even coaches alone have a huge say in who their team drafts and what their team needs are.  No pro scout has ever won a game on Sunday.

Bill Walsh took over the 49ers, went 2-14, 6-10 then 13-3.  Joe Montana was on all three of those teams and started most of those games.  

Don Meredith was on and started on all those losing Cowboy's teams that you've convienantly overlooked including Landry's inaugural winless 0-11 team.

Otto Graham retired in 1955, Paul Brown's last team in 1975 went 11-3.

No coach or GM no matter how good can polish a turd into a champion in a single season, not a single one.  Taking the rebuilding years of any coach as a sample size is completely misleading.

Football starts with the football minds at the top, the coaches.  Great coaches find great players and create an atmosphere for them to thrive, not the opposite.  

Great QB's go to cruddy programs all the time and wash out, David Carr, Jeff George, Ryan Leaf... the list is endless.

Don Shula was a great coach, had the greatest QB of all time statistically and never won a ring...  you need a great team, a single player no matter how great is not enough, QB's are necessary but still overrated, you can win a ring with a boring average game manager like Trent Dilfer if you are a great coach and have a well rounded team.  Joe Gibbs proved this multiple times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Gibbs did what he did with Washington the first go round as he had no salary cap to deal with. His second stint, post cap, did not go so well...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think this just shows how important the coach, the QB and the back end of the D are.  We have hardly a pass rush at times but were winning the close ones. We bolster the line and this D would be top 5. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

There aren't many great coaches who haven't had great quarterbacks, that's just a fact. I know there are some (Gibbs, Parcells...probably more), but historically these coaches have done the best with the better QB's of our generation. Shannahan...considered a great coach when he had Elway. Holmgren was basically put on a pedastal when he had Favre. Shula was always near the top with the top QB's he had.

I think most of these guys aren't very good without great qbs and players, although I'd say Belichick has done more with less. I don't think there is anyone in football that is capable of putting a guy out on the field and having him do just a few specific things - and do them well - then pull the guy off and have someone else do the things he can't. I think he's by far the best at that. Having Brady covers up a lot too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There aren't many great coaches who haven't had great quarterbacks, that's just a fact. I know there are some (Gibbs, Parcells...probably more), but historically these coaches have done the best with the better QB's of our generation. Shannahan...considered a great coach when he had Elway. Holmgren was basically put on a pedastal when he had Favre. Shula was always near the top with the top QB's he had.

I think most of these guys aren't very good without great qbs and players, although I'd say Belichick has done more with less. I don't think there is anyone in football that is capable of putting a guy out on the field and having him do just a few specific things - and do them well - then pull the guy off and have someone else do the things he can't. I think he's by far the best at that. Having Brady covers up a lot too.

[/QUOTE]

Well put Mthurl.  I think Joe Gibbs, his first tour of duty for the Skins, was amazing.  He won with a variety of fair but nowhere near great QBs - among them Jay Schrader, Doug Willaims, Mark Rypein.  Those Redskins teams of the 80s were consistently outstanding. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

They're living by the BB mantra. Do you job, next man up. Having TB helps too.