Things you don't want to hear during the NFL draft tv show

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Things you don't want to hear during the NFL draft tv show

There are a lot of things the commentators say on tv during the NFL draft that are either worn out, crazy or just don't make sense.  Lets see what type of list we can get going here.

List the statements you don't want to hear tomorrow while watching the draft.

Here are a few to get it started.....

"That's a good pick"  They all can't be good picks, there has to be some bad picks.  Very rarely do we hear thats a bad pick.  I want to hear when it's a bad pick.

"They got their man" - Obviously, or they wouldn't have picked him.

"Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round" - I think everyone knows this by now!

"He's a future HOF'er" - Really?  How do you know for sure.

Anything to do with combine stats!  If those people watching are interested in the combine numbers then they would have watched the combine coverage.  Just display the numbers on the screen.  At this point after my team drafts someone I don't care how much he can lift, how fast he was at the combine, what his 3 cone drill was.  Is he a player or not, that's what I care about.  

Ok, let's hear yours....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Things you don't want to hear during the NFL draft tv show

NE trade back out of the first round.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

if you're a Raiders fan:with the first pick of the 2007 NFL draft Oakland raiders select Jamarcus Russel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I don't want to hear that New England has traded out of the first round either. IMO the Patriots are very close, an impact player away from being the dominant team this year. With Brady being 36 the time is now. I'd rather have a chandler jones then a jake Bequette and a fourth round pick. I get that the 2nd round has the value this year, I get it, just get a guy who can play now and make an impact. Win this year and next. Belichick is very good and can rebuild fast in a couple of years. Plus only so many new players make this team.

I could be the only one here who thinks that this is the way to go.. Lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Anything from Jason La Canfora... i.e. telling us who's gonna be picked 30 seconds before Goodell  announces it... thankfully I've already received my wish as he's with CBS now.

Can't tell you how hard I wanted to beat him with his own glasses the past couple years... hey Jason, see if you can report this beating 30 seconds before I give it to you.

There, I feel better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

for jets fans

'thats the second QB the Jets have taken so far'

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

This guy has tons of upside.

He's a slider due to off field issues.

He's more quick than fast.

He's just flipped out and destroyed the green room.

He's a work out warrior.

He's not a natural hands catcher.

He plays faster than his 40 time.

He had trouble picking up the new scheme.

He's got a medical history dating back to grade school.

He reminds me of a young Mark Sanchez.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

"The Pats trade pick #29 for team 'X' 3rd - 6th round"

"The Pats trade the 4th for disgruntled vet 'X'"

"The Pats trade the 5th for former 1st round, current JAG 'X'"

"The Pats trade the 6th for oft injured but 2 years ago put up good starting numbers player'X'"

General things:

I just don't understand this move at all

What films are they watching

If they could just clone this kid

The rich get richer

The coach knew 6 months ago this is the player they were going to take

He's a special teams ace

Got to love the versitility

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I dont want to hear "time has expired on the Patriots, and the Atlanta Falcons are rushing their card to the podium."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Bill Belichick has decided to resign as HC of the NEP

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

And let's go to yet ANOTHER commercial....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

And let's go to yet ANOTHER commercial....

Oh dear lord last year everytime the Pats pick came up they went to commercial. Talk about frustrating

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

There are a lot of things the commentators say on tv during the NFL draft that are either worn out, crazy or just don't make sense.  Lets see what type of list we can get going here.

List the statements you don't want to hear tomorrow while watching the draft.

Here are a few to get it started.....

"That's a good pick"  They all can't be good picks, there has to be some bad picks.  Very rarely do we hear thats a bad pick.  I want to hear when it's a bad pick.

"They got their man" - Obviously, or they wouldn't have picked him.

"Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round" - I think everyone knows this by now!

"He's a future HOF'er" - Really?  How do you know for sure.

Anything to do with combine stats!  If those people watching are interested in the combine numbers then they would have watched the combine coverage.  Just display the numbers on the screen.  At this point after my team drafts someone I don't care how much he can lift, how fast he was at the combine, what his 3 cone drill was.  Is he a player or not, that's what I care about.  

Ok, let's hear yours....

Excellect TFB12.

This should be a drinking game.

I give you my "lead pipe lock" guarantee.  For every QB selected someone will say (probably Gruden or Mortensen)  "He can make all the throws"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Oh dear lord last year everytime the Pats pick came up they went to commercial. Talk about frustrating

If they only showed the actual announcements of the picks, the enitrie draft would be over in less than 2 hours!! LOL

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Excellect TFB12.

I give you my "lead pipe lock" guarantee.  For every QB selected someone will say (probably Gruden or Mortensen)  "He can make all the throws"

Hahaha!! Drink everytime you hear one of these phrases, Perfect!!  You might have one heck of a hangover tomorrow!

"He can make all the throws"  Excellent one!  I can hear Gruden saying this many times, lol!  Well done!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The one line I never get tired of hearing is: Bill Belichick is a freakn' genius! The reason why is because it pisses off the other teams fans!!! Also because it's puts a smile on the faces of every New England Patriots fan...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Excellect TFB12.

Hahaha!! Drink everytime you hear one of these phrases, Perfect!!  You might have one heck of a hangover tomorrow!

"He can make all the throws"  Excellent one!  I can hear Gruden saying this many times, lol!  Well done!

How about the references to the now famous route tree receivers? with all the WR's in this draft you are going to hear the route tree expression 50 times and of course the infamous he catches the ball with his hands,Dah! He's not catching the ball with his feet...LMAOROTF

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

"We're out of beer"    going to a sports bar tonight with my lady and 3 of her gal pals...all pretty, all party, all love football...life is good......FY terrorist

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

"Nobody here expected the Patriots to select Manti Te'o with the 29th pick!"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

.....and with the xth pick, the Patriots pick WR Joe Blow.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to kylerocks' comment:

This guy has tons of upside.

He's a slider due to off field issues.

He's more quick than fast.

He's just flipped out and destroyed the green room.

He's a work out warrior.

He's not a natural hands catcher.

He plays faster than his 40 time.

He had trouble picking up the new scheme.

He's got a medical history dating back to grade school.

He reminds me of a young Mark Sanchez.

I missed this.  Nice list!!  And I agee there are some on there I just can't stand being said any longer, LOL!