Think you've had a bad day? Tough life?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Think you've had a bad day? Tough life?

Think you've had a bad day? Try walking Tampa Bay DT Brian Price's shoes. Very sad and unfortunate.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/05/18/12/Former-UCLA-lineman-Price-hospitalized-/msn_landing.html?blockID=731818&feedID=3707

(heres the article if you cant open)

Tampa Bay defensive tackle Brian Price, a former UCLA standout, is once again dealing with heartbreak.

His older sister, Bridget, 30, died last week as a result of a car accident in Inglewood. So devastated was Price that he had to be hospitalized in Tampa from Monday through late Thursday after reporting to Buccaneers mini-camp.

"He physically broke down," said his agent, Chuck Price, who is not related to Brian. "He had a high fever, was dehydrated, and couldn't hold anything down. That stress just plays a wicked role."

Price plans to adopt his sister's sons, ages 7 and 9, and had taken them to their first Dodgers game the night before his sister was killed.

Bridget was the third of the Price siblings to die. Two brothers were killed in shootings.

Price has dealt with several injuries since he was drafted two years ago -- he had a groundbreaking surgery to attach both of this hamstrings to his pelvis -- and last season had a pair of severe high-ankle sprains.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Think you've had a bad day? Tough life?

To be honest...I can do without these kinds of stories.

This is all regular news is, and why I always avoid it. He has dealt with his fair share of misery, more than his fair share. So have many people. Why do some people, and the media, feel the need to share these sad stories? Nothing is to be learned from it, nothing gained. It's just the train wreck mentality...it's gruesome, so people have to look and watch.

No thanks. Give me news about Wilfork's charity. Or, how come nobody ever mentioned that BB paid Kyle Eckel 125k when he was on the practice squad when the average across the league is 80k? No, just threads about him being cheap and dishonest.

A few life interest stories instead of the lifetime of misery would be very welcome in ALL forms of media. But, "If it bleeds, it leads", ugh, what are we turning in to?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

well, I can sort of appreciate what you're trying to say, but those kinds of events happen to "regular" people all of the time. The difference is that a certain group of people get media coverage (not that it's necessarily their fault), and others don't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

The difference with this guy is he is trying to take care of his sister's kids . . . how many sports stars walk away from their own kids?  Sure it is only a human interest story but it just goes to show there are some good guys around.  Why did BB overpay Kyle Eckel?  There has to be more to that story as this guy was also pulling in a military salary . . . so what gives there?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Think you've had a bad day? Tough life?:
    [QUOTE]The difference with this guy is he is trying to take care of his sister's kids . . . how many sports stars walk away from their own kids?  Sure it is only a human interest story but it just goes to show there are some good guys around.  Why did BB overpay Kyle Eckel?  There has to be more to that story as this guy was also pulling in a military salary . . . so what gives there?
    Posted by tenace4life[/QUOTE]

I don't think he would have been getting paid from the, military at the same time...maybe I'm wrong there but I can't imagine the military regularly pays people not currently active.

It's only a mention on Eckel's wiki page, I assumed it was BB throwing a bone to a navy kid to help him out for no other reason than he simply could. Again, maybe I'm wrong. Fact is, we don't know because reporters are more interested in coaches having substance abuse problems or extramarital affairs rather than anything positive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]The difference with this guy is he is trying to take care of his sister's kids . . . how many sports stars walk away from their own kids?  Sure it is only a human interest story but it just goes to show there are some good guys around.  Why did BB overpay Kyle Eckel?  There has to be more to that story as this guy was also pulling in a military salary . . . so what gives there?
    Posted by tenace4life[/QUOTE]

Again, "regular" people make sacrifices all the time during tragic events. People have been doing this before celebrities/stars/athletes/famous people/icons were pumped up by the media.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

Life is, was, and always will be full of tragedies. It's how we conduct ourselves and our approach and our outlook that helps us to survive.

If I may offer my outlook,
    Each and every one of us are born to pass, but if we search deep within ourselves and understand life as a circle and not just live to be affraid to die, in my opinion then we can be mentaly complete and ready to face what is to eventually come with knowledge, respect and pride in ones self, hopefully giving yourself the strength needed.
    This way of thinking has helped me through some pretty severe situations, and a little help from my friends, Johnny Walker, Blacky and Red!Sealed 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

understand life as a circle and not just live to be affraid to die,

"And the soul afraid of dyin’
    That never learns to live."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Everyone loses someone they truly love. Believe it or not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

My aunt was murdered a few years ago and nobody seemed to care about that. My uncle was also shot dead by a robber. I feel bad for the guy but that doesn't make him special. S**t happens you just need to move on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

"...life is a fair trade wherein all adjusts itself in time. For all you take from it, you must pay the price sooner or later. For some things you may pay in advance, for some you pay on delivery, and for some later on, when the bill is presented."   

Muhammad Ali

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Sorry, i cant feel bad about someone who loses family because thier family choose to be involved with gangs. and seriously why didnt he move his sister out of inglewood? isnt that a pretty rough part of california?